Callum contract offer (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Is it not possible to go elsewhere for more money and career development? He could go to - let’s say West Brom who are in the plays offs. He would improve that team no end, and arguably has a better chance this season or getting to the premier league.

he’s 25 now, been here for 4 years, it’s not like he’s 19 and taking the first chance he gets

A move like that is arguably a sideways move and my view is that he’ll want to go to a Prem team. At this stage, I’m not sure he’s going to get first team football at that level.

The club is in a really good position to develop our existing talent, or attract new players of an equal calibre.

We were a penalty shootout away from Premier league football and we’re well poised to make the playoffs again this year.

I’m obviously biased when I say this, but I genuinely believe it’s in COH’s best interests to stay.

slowpoke

I’m obviously biased when I say this, but I genuinely believe it’s in COH’s best interests to stay.
Of course it is and it’s in our interest to make him stay until May and not accept any bid from any championship rival to sign for them in January.
And IF there was a genuine interest from a current Premiership club they pay the going rate for a top championship player regardless of his contract here ending at the end of the season.

Last edited:

Matt smith

Is it not possible to go elsewhere for more money and career development? He could go to - let’s say West Brom who are in the plays offs. He would improve that team no end, and arguably has a better chance this season or getting to the premier league.

he’s 25 now, been here for 4 years, it’s not like he’s 19 and taking the first chance he gets
I don’t think west brom have a better chance than us on current viewing

CCFC_Irish

There is no questions concerning O'Hare's ability but the ACL injury potentially cost Coventry a lot of money. When offering him a contract Coventry need to protect themselves - they will know in about 30% of athletes returning from an ACL will rupture the same or the other ACL within 24 months. If O'Hare is one of the 30% it would be disastrous for Coventry - or any other team for that matter.

Last edited:

Greggs

Boys Angels GIF by Charli XCX

shmmeee

Equally, I'd be very nervy if we were splashing out on somebody coming back from that type of injury.

We’re going to splash out on his replacement.
Its not shite you melt

We've offered him a contract on improved terms and pretty decent bonuses

But its not at the level of the top 2 earners at the club

Would you class Callum as being worth more to the club than Haji Wright or Ellis Simms?

Because if so, then you wouldn't be against him being top earner

If Ellis Simms is a top earner Doug needs to book himself a conference room for a long hard talk with himself.

shmmeee

Don't agree that he's one of the best players in the league. Is he even a Top 5 attacking midfielder when you've got Summerville, Szmodics, Rutter and more?

Do agree that he's a very important player to us, but no one is bigger than the team and if he goes I trust the scouting system to find a good replacement.

Like that rando @NorthernWisdom came out with the other day. Seems like an O’Hare replacement.

Cally Fedora

if he had any sense? He’d wait until the end of the season. Someone will pay O’Hare the minimum that we’re offering, and he’d get a bigger signing on fee for doing so
But that ignores the security the contract gives. He’s just back from a massive amount of time out. Hold out for summer/ACL plays up/No-one is calling.

slowpoke

There is no questions concerning O'Hare's ability but the ACL injury potentially cost Coventry a lot of money. When offering him a contract Coventry need to protect themselves - they will know in about 30% of athletes returning from an ACL will rupture the same or the other ACL within 24 months. If O'Hare is one of the 30% it would be disastrous for Coventry - or any other team for that matter.
Lots of top players have come back from ACLs successfully Roy Keane, Alan Shearer, not a medical expert by any means but I believe a repaired ACL is quiet strong.

Matt smith

We’re going to splash out on his replacement.

If Ellis Simms is a top earner Doug needs to book himself a conference room for a long hard talk with himself.
Simms needs to start scoring

Saturday would be a very good place to start

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

The clock is ticking Doug. Stop dancing to your silly song at the thought of £37 a ticket at the weekend and get your cheque book out.

With the patchy success of our summer signings, it’s guaranteed Doug will be tighter than cramp this window, so high time he ties up some contracts.

SkyblueTexan

I would agree Callum deserves to be a top earner at the club, but I wonder if the club are waiting for an actual bid to understand what the market would pay and match that. I don't think he's necessarily a good fit for a Premiership team right now which might limit the contracts he will be offered. Of course, that will change in the summer...
I tend to agree that I think COH is not ready for the EPL yet. Let’s face it only the lower tier EPL teams would be willing to take a flyer on COH and the last I checked Hamer ‘s team was not doing very well. Would COH be happy? Sure the money might be good, but would he be part of a successful team? Heck if he moves now we might meet his new team again in the Championship next season.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

But that ignores the security the contract gives. He’s just back from a massive amount of time out. Hold out for summer/ACL plays up/No-one is calling.
And if it goes again he’ll get a new deal - see Jodi Jones. we’re not going to yoink the offer if that happens.

A move like that is arguably a sideways move and my view is that he’ll want to go to a Prem team. At this stage, I’m not sure he’s going to get first team football at that level.

The club is in a really good position to develop our existing talent, or attract new players of an equal calibre.

We were a penalty shootout away from Premier league football and we’re well poised to make the playoffs again this year.

I see we’re all career advisors now - O’Hares best interests will be to wait to see where we are in the summer then decide. He’s infinitely more valuable on a free, and if we go up - he can ask for far more than we’re offering now

TomRad85

Like that rando @NorthernWisdom came out with the other day. Seems like an O’Hare replacement.
Looks good, one of very few home based players in the Austria squad and comfortably the youngest of those. Looks like someone who won't be playing in the Austrian league much longer.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

mmttww

The clock is ticking Doug. Stop dancing to your silly song at the thought of £37 a ticket at the weekend and get your cheque book out.

With the patchy success of our summer signings, it’s guaranteed Doug will be tighter than cramp this window, so high time he ties up some contracts.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Astute

And if it goes again he’ll get a new deal - see Jodi Jones. we’re not going to yoink the offer if that happens.

I see we’re all career advisors now - O’Hares best interests will be to wait to see where we are in the summer then decide. He’s infinitely more valuable on a free, and if we go up - he can ask for far more than we’re offering now
All it would take to cover himself in the event of promotion is a clause stating a higher wage in the Prem. The difficulty can be the two sides agreeing the present wage but not any items in any clause.

15k a week in the Championship and 30k a week in the Prem. Should be enough to at least tempt him. And before anyone counters it with needing to be careful because of past injuries....a 4 year contract at 30k a week is 6.2m and 15k a week 3.1m over the whole 4 years. How much would it cost to replace O'Hare even without the wage. Then this player might not end up being good enough.

Skyblue Bangkok

All it would take to cover himself in the event of promotion is a clause stating a higher wage in the Prem. The difficulty can be the two sides agreeing the present wage but not any items in any clause.

15k a week in the Championship and 30k a week in the Prem. Should be enough to at least tempt him. And before anyone counters it with needing to be careful because of past injuries....a 4 year contract at 30k a week is 6.2m and 15k a week 3.1m over the whole 4 years. How much would it cost to replace O'Hare even without the wage. Then this player might not end up being good enough.
What happens we can't control ,if he wants to go fine and if he wants to stay fine. Footballer moves clubs it's happened 1000s of times and will continue to happen. The club will carry in just like we will. Chill.

skybluegod

If boxes were sold last season for a third of what they are worth, how come some are empty now?

Does this really need dredging up again as a topic it was all covered at the time. It's better for the club even if they sell half the boxes at 3 times the price, they have less work/hospitality and more money, so quite simple.

David O'Day

Does this really need dredging up again as a topic it was all covered at the time. It's better for the club even if they sell half the boxes at 3 times the price, they have less work/hospitality and more money, so quite simple.
aye, it was established at the time they make far more money now than last year

TomRad85

Performances and results say otherwise.
Indeed. We signed a lot of players and the hit rate looks pretty good. Considering his price Simms probably the most underwhelming atm but he's improving. Dasilva has been a bit iffy recently but as a backup left back he's fine. All the others you'd have to say have been good surely?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

But again, most of the time if he’s on a free transfer - he can ask for bigger wages and a
Bigger signing on fee.

if his clause says 30k next season, he limits himself from receiving offers of 45k a week etc.

English/Premier league teams can’t talk to him until May anyway. So again there’s no sense signing a contract with us that’s let’s face it, still going to be on the table then

Sky Blue Pete

But again, most of the time if he’s on a free transfer - he can ask for bigger wages and a
Bigger signing on fee.

if his clause says 30k next season, he limits himself from receiving offers of 45k a week etc.

English/Premier league teams can’t talk to him until May anyway. So again there’s no sense signing a contract with us that’s let’s face it, still going to be on the table then
Yep bang on
Really awkward and the only thing is that people are honest about signing or not so club or player can make decisions

Manchester_sky_blue

Bigger signing on fee.

That's a fair point actually, I was thinking he was free to talk to.other English teams now but its only teams abroad isn't it. By then it will be a lot clearer what our prospects are

rockwoodfleet

If boxes were sold last season for a third of what they are worth, how come some are empty now?
Probably because those people from last season pick and choose which games they want to watch and split the £1500.00 cost between the 12 of them who attend. Chances are the club are now making the same if not more doing it this way even though they have sold less corperate boxes by charging the full rate.

Users who are viewing this thread