Callum contract offer (4 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

I don't think O'Hare is motivated by money, so the assumption that it's about the salary is probably misguided imo. He'll want to play at a higher level.

If you were him, you'd probably wait to see what league you're playing in next season before agreeing to anything.

Or maybe sign contract with a suitable release clause if Prem club comes knocking and we’re in the championship, from this summer onwards. Gives him security but doesn’t hold him back if offer to play in Premier league comes up and gives us a few quid if he does go and hopefully a fully committed player in meantime.

This should be doable if there’s a willingness for a deal on both sides

NorthernWisdom

I'd guess our initial offer is based on a decent (increased) salary and signing on fee plus heavy appearance and other incentive payments
That's what I'd expect in the circumstances
Other (PL) clubs might want to take the risk of offering a much bigger signing on fee and guaranteed salary as they won't have to pay a transfer fee if COH's contract runs down
Not an easy decision
I miss your light of sanity!

Mucca Mad Boys

a lot on here forget what happened at radio 1 weekend when ohare came on stage. hes good mates with dawkins so he’ll be more privy to whats going on than most. the club have offered a measly contract. most would say no to it. no negotiations either. fans shouldnt be happy with how the club have dealt with this. ohare is one of the best players in the league. should be offered a wage to reflect that. end of
He’s a good player but he’s not one of the best in the league. The reality is that he’s played an only 10-15 games after a serious injury. Yes, he’s played well but it can be very easy to get carried away by short term feelings.

Whilst it would be a big loss, he’s not irreplaceable.

Deity

You gotta love Dawkins. Not happy when the executive box prices went up when he was paying around a third of what they were worth and now telling Doug to pay Callum what he is worth.
The guy is a complete plum …. The players use him and he’s blind to it.

I love the insights ITK’s bring, because some of it is genuine.

The issue is that some of these guys are used to get messages to fans as part of the negotiation but they are not always savvy enough to see it.

I recall one in the know telling us how pissed off Godden was with Doug and specifically over the fact that one of his “mates” was no longer getting special access to the players and Ryton.

It turns out Godden was so pissed off he signed an extended contract 😂

pusbccfc

For what it's worth, I don't think Dawkins is a bad bloke but since Doug has arrived he's clearly had an agenda.

Whether that's because the boxes went up or because he wasn't successful with his bid.

NorthernWisdom

For what it's worth, I don't think Dawkins is a bad bloke but since Doug has arrived he's clearly had an agenda.

Whether that's because the boxes went up or because he wasn't successful with his bid.
I can't speak for currently. I do know when SISU came in they cut the bits fed to certain people by Robinson and McGinnity, and that caused resentment.

A new broom seems to mean a purge of privileges

Gynnsthetonic

He was never in the bidding process was he, just likes bigging himself up. He obviously doesn't like Doug putting his box up which he paid peanuts for

Covkid1968#

Pay the lad the money ffs…. Huge personality and amazing player.

Cally Fedora

Keep the offer as it is. If he doesn’t accept cash in. If O’Hare has any sense he’ll sign the contract for security and play his way to a big summer move. Suspect his “advisors” might have a say though and can’t see that being their preferred path.

Deity

I do believe that Ohare is a good guy and good for team morale but I think it can be over stated.

To my mind the biggest positive impact on our team morale has been our form. Winning matches breads confidence and positivity and changes the whole environment.

in addition the new signings are settling in and building friendships which always takes time.

Those that point to the morale being largely down to the return of COH are a little misguided I think.

Johnnythespider

The important thing about this situation for me is how much will it cost to replace him, we're already short of a Hamer and will need to spend to replace him, unless Doug doesn't think we need to, we have money to replace Hamer but will likely lose O'hare for nothing as I can't see anyone paying for him when they can get him for nothing, that then leaves our owner in the situation of needing to find a replacement with funding from elsewhere. We'll see how it plays out but for me he is integral to our turnaround in form and is worth as much as anyone else in the team who is earning more than him.

False9

Smells like the Hamer situation all over again especially with that Dawkins goon. O'Hare agent will only go and use any cov offer elsewhere and he won't be signing anyway. We can replace him like we have everyone else.

The sooner all the players he knows fks off the better 🤣

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Keep the offer as it is. If he doesn’t accept cash in. If O’Hare has any sense he’ll sign the contract for security and play his way to a big summer move. Suspect his “advisors” might have a say though and can’t see that being their preferred path.
if he had any sense? He’d wait until the end of the season. Someone will pay O’Hare the minimum that we’re offering, and he’d get a bigger signing on fee for doing so

Mucca Mad Boys

if he had any sense? He’d wait until the end of the season. Someone will pay O’Hare the minimum that we’re offering, and he’d get a bigger signing on fee for doing so

If he’s just after the pay cheque, he should see out his contract. But, if he is after career development he’ll stay because he fits in the system under a manager who gets him playing the best football of his career. That, and we will probably build the team around him if he signs for the longer term.

There’s enough players in recent history who thought the grass was greener and their careers stall because they left too soon.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

If he’s just after the pay cheque, he should see out his contract. But, if he is after career development he’ll stay because he fits in the system under a manager who gets him playing the best football of his career. That, and we will probably build the team around him if he signs for the longer term.

There’s enough players in recent history who thought the grass was greener and their careers stall because they left too soon.
Is it not possible to go elsewhere for more money and career development? He could go to - let’s say West Brom who are in the plays offs. He would improve that team no end, and arguably has a better chance this season or getting to the premier league.

he’s 25 now, been here for 4 years, it’s not like he’s 19 and taking the first chance he gets

Users who are viewing this thread