Bristol City (H) (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Good half, the worry is for all our dominance, bar the goal which was from McCallums throw, we have only created 1 decent chance.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'd say two actually, main thing is we're getting the ball to stick more in their half even if it's not coming off around the box.

Walsgrave

Don't want to jinx things as we are only 50% of the way there yet.

But in a roundabout way, the QPR thrashing was kind of beneficial in that it:

.Gave credibility to the idea that we need two up top
.Gave Eccles and Pask the chance to show their hunger. Granted, they are playing in slightly different positions and we were 3-0 or so down by the time they came on last time round, but they have been solid so far.

Swings and roundabouts really. Hopefully we stay solid at the back. Godden might need to come at some point, and I'd fancy Gyokeres to partner Walker up top.

Esoterica

What's the latest on Jodi Jones....thought he might be available before the season ends?
No idea but even if he was there's absolutely no way they're going to bring him back for a couple of games at the end of the season after 3 ACLs. They'll give him all summer too at least.

EalingSB

That's what we were all demanding - a bit of fight and purpose. Great leadership from McFadz and James looked very good at times both cleaning things up and trying to drive us forward. Eccles and Pask have done well and much better movement up front - hope Godden can do another 20 minutes at least as he'll be getting sharper with every outing. Great to have the option of Hamer, with something to prove, coming off the bench.

Evo1883

Not a good look for da Costa when a midfielder is a better defender than you mind

no_loyalty

Good first half, James and Pask have played really well. We need another goal to see this out.

South West Sky Blue

Harsh. Up against a good player and he's more than held his own and his aerial ability is crucial.
Is a little harsh, but still holds some truth. This is their player who loads of Premiership teams are courting. Can’t be easy to defend against. Don’t want Sam to pick up a yellow against a tricky winger

Sky Blue Harry H

Godden looks cautious since holding his foot , may be worth bringing gyokores on .

James been largely very good , Eccles looks comfortable, o hare been o hare ..fadz is great
Agree - hope MR isn't letting Godden himself decide that he is ok - sooner have a Gyokeres or even Baka (don't laugh) if he is not able to give 100%.

RegTheDonk

Godden looks cautious since holding his foot , may be worth bringing gyokores on .

James been largely very good , Eccles looks comfortable, o hare been o hare ..fadz is great
Yes, might not be worth the risk of further injury but hope it'll be like for like, hate to go defensive for 45 minutes.

cc84cov

We’ve been ok more intent but I think we will need another goal Gyo for Godden on 60 possibly

Evo1883

Glad Wycombe have turned up today but after today can they stop trying to do a Luton and kindly just go down with a whimper ...cheers

Brighton Sky Blue

Few nervy balls out from defence when we had time but generally doing OK. Godden obviously lacking fitness, he’d have had two match fit. Looking good though. 532 is the way.

Sweet hearing that after being called fucking clueless for wanting it before

stupot07

It was a very good save, low to his right.
Godden couldn't have done much more.
Any further out, it goes well wide.

Having just seen it back on the half time highlights, his shot is too central, he can go another 2-3 foot wider and he scores.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

Decent half and an improvement from recent games.

Credit to MR thus far in changing formation and style - we’re more direct today. Just hope he doesn’t now revert to a default defensive mode, we’re so much worse when we do that.

It also helps that players we’d expect to set up and play well, actually are (for the most part). Maybe only some of them haven’t given up playing for MR, perhaps he’s only lost half the dressing room. Although I’m sure some body language experts on here may disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread