Boxing tonight (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Correct decision, won by a mile

stay_up_skyblues

Hopefully that’s the last we see of Wilder near the top level. Pleased for Parker he’s took his losses, gone away and improved (or at least it seems).

Nuskyblue

Should do, that was embarrassing

Fury’s legacy unravelling by the week as well
That's what I was thinking....

He actually fought him tho so fair play and Parker fucking clocked him, massive right hand and the c**t barely noticed.

CCFCSteve

In what way? Still unbeaten.

Wilder looked shocking tonight and thats the only real name on furys resume*. Some argue that he lost v a MMA fighter. Got a bit to prove against usyk

*edit - sorry Klitschko as well

Last edited:

CCFCSteve

Eh? Come on Steve.

You're usually very knowledgable about boxing but there is no way that performance has any bearing on Fury's fights against him.

Unravelling was half joke but it’s not been a good few weeks. Looked awful against Ngannou and wilder was shown up for what he is tonight, a very limited fighter

Still think a switched on fury is probably best of the bunch, although Usyk is maybe better pound for pound

edit - sorry Klitschko as well

Last edited:

LastGarrison

Wilder looked shocking tonight and thats the only real name on furys resume. Some argue that he lost v a MMA fighter. Got a bit to prove against usyk
Come on. Wilder has never been a top level boxer. Just someone with a massive punch.

Fury might not be in a classic generation but he has beat everyone put in front of him and Klitschko is clearly the biggest name on his record.

The Chisora he beat first time around takes the jaw of the Wilder in the ring tonight.

LastGarrison

Unravelling was half joke but it’s not been a good few weeks. Looked awful against Ngannou and wilder was shown up for what he is tonight, a very limited fighter

Still think a switched on fury is probably best of the bunch, although Usyk is maybe better pound for pound

Saw this after my post!

He was never getting up for Ngannou and could fight however he wanted and still make millions.

Usyk is by far and away the better boxer and all round fighter but, in my opinion, it is a step too far and the old adage of a goodd big one beats a good little one prevails in this case.

tisza

All about where his head is at the time. Definitely wasn't on it for the Ngannou fight. The way he was way too nice in the build up showed he wasn't switched on.

fatso

Wilder looked shocking tonight and thats the only real name on furys resume*. Some argue that he lost v a MMA fighter. Got a bit to prove against usyk

*edit - sorry Klitschko as wellAnd the unbeaten Wallin

*edit - sorry Klitschko as well
So his record is shit is it?

He's unbeaten,

He defeated 2 reigning World champions ( in their own backyards)

He beat Wilder when Wilder was at the top of his game, not when he was 38 and only had 1 round of boxing in over two years.

He defeated the unbeaten Wallin when everyone else was avoiding him.

He made mincemeat of Dillian Whyte when the experts predicted a shock.

He made Chisora look like a novice (3 times)

And all while battling mental illness, depression, suicidal thoughts, alcohol and drugs and obesity!

I swear some people just talk total bollocks at times.

CCFCSteve

So his record is shit is it?

He's unbeaten,

He defeated 2 reigning World champions ( in their own backyards)

He beat Wilder when Wilder was at the top of his game, not when he was 38 and only had 1 round of boxing in over two years.

He defeated the unbeaten Wallin when everyone else was avoiding him.

He made mincemeat of Dillian Whyte when the experts predicted a shock.

He made Chisora look like a novice (3 times)

And all while battling mental illness, depression, suicidal thoughts, alcohol and drugs and obesity!

I swear some people just talk total bollocks at times.

As I said, it was half tongue in cheek after the last few weeks when he struggled against Ngannou (I’ve said before he obviously wasn’t focussed for the fight) and wilders awful showing last night. I also said Fury was probably best of the bunch although Usyk might well be if it was pound for pound.

I do believe though that if he wants to be considered best of his generation he needs to beat Usyk and to a lesser extent Joshua (probably a cash out fight for both of them)

Ps I’ll always say his comeback fight against Wilder was one of the best comebacks of any sport given the circumstances

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Wilder has an amazing punch power but never applied himself in learning how to box correctly, if he actually did that rather than relying on that one solid punch he could have been a great rather than being a great puncher who can win the majority of fights without boxing skill

Sick Boy

As I said, it was half tongue in cheek after the last few weeks when he struggled against Ngannou (I’ve said before he obviously wasn’t focussed for the fight) and wilders awful showing last night. I also said Fury was probably best of the bunch although Usyk might well be if it was pound for pound.

I do believe though that if he wants to be considered best of his generation he needs to beat Usyk and to a lesser extent Joshua (probably a cash out fight for both of them)

Ps I’ll always say his comeback fight against Wilder was one of the best comebacks of any sport given the circumstances
Joshua? 😂😂😂

CCFCSteve

As I said, to a lesser extent. Obviously if Fury beats Usyk, which he should do due to size, then fair enough probably no need to fight Joshua

Interesting that you laughed at Joshua suggestion but liked Fatsos comments about Furys resume when Joshua has either beaten anyone decent on furys resume or beaten fighters who've beaten them. I still personally think it’s not the best (and bringing fighters like Chisora, Whyte and Wallin into the discussion proves that) but you can only beat what’s around you at the time

Last edited:

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Think the division is over rated and talked up, Fury, Usyk and Joshua are streets ahead in boxing ability, Wilder an amazing puncher but get fed up when they talk up all the others who are bang average, Joyce is a joke, Zhang wouldn't last with the top 4 above and if Hrgovic is the real deal, why fight de Mori, most of us would knock down that useless waster who was given a pay day for nothing at the front of the bill.

Users who are viewing this thread