Transfer Rumour Bobby Thomas (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

If you’re going to gripe about making the same £2 million gambles on players that other Championship teams routinely make, even after we’ve just had £19m land in our account, when are we ever going to compete?

"FOLLOW THE BRENTFORD MODEL"

"what you mean the one of paying fees for players with promise and developing them?"

"NO, NOT THAT ONE"

mmttww

You have to laugh when someone...

I was one of the few that rated him...

Seems like you want an argument, or win the internet. You keep moving the goalposts. First the fee was too high, then it was too much from our budget, then it's that they've not played above L1, then that they've not played for their parent club enough. Have fun chasing your tail! I'm out.

Last edited:

long way home

Every club in the lower leagues uses loans , we aren't an exception

I said to use it but we shouldn't be reliant on it to fill 50% of your starting line up. We have used it really well over the past seasons, but its been because we have had to, now we see a different approach, idea, aim and with that comes a different plan for the squad and the club. You should always use the system, but not rely on the system to build a 1st team. That doesn't work and is not a sustainable model.

Last edited:

fatso

Seems like you want an argument, or win the internet. You keep moving the goalposts. First the fee was too high, then it was too much from our budget, then it's that they've not played above L1, then that they've not played for their parent club enough. Have fun chasing your tail! I'm out.
It's too much (imo) for a guy who hasn't proved himself at anything above the third tier of football.

There, is that simple enough for you?

fatso

So Burnley paid too much for McNally?
I've no idea, they paid 2 million pounds for him and hes made 2 appearances for them so far, and they seem willing to let him go.
If they make a profit from his sale its good value, if he runs his contract down and goes for nothing, it's not very good business.

Ask a Burnley fan if your worrying about it.

Mucca Mad Boys

It's too much (imo) for a guy who hasn't proved himself at anything above the third tier of football.

There, is that simple enough for you?
Have you actually watched Bobby Thomas play?

Plenty of players have proven they can make the grade. Including one McNally who we may be willing to pay £3-4m for. Likewise, Brentford paid £10m for Ivan Toney who went on to be the top scorer in the league without playing in the Championship beforehand.

Without being too sharp, there’s a reason we’re fans and not scouts. It’s their job to find players playing at a lower standard who can make the step up.

sylus

6 posts above yours is a Barnsley fan telling you he is quality after watching him for half a season
and of course he must be telling the truth right, believe me i hope he is quality because no one on here knows otherwise.

Bennettbarnet

Robins and his team have proven their competence in recruitment and their ability to improve raw talents. People need to trust a bit more and not make daft comments about players they clearly know nothing about.
We're entering a new dawn and shopping in a different market, this is what progress looks like.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Every transfer is a gamble. The higher you go the more those gambles cost, but the more the payoff is. Yes we didn’t sign anyone for over a million in a decade, but we also didn’t sell anyone for more than about £3M.

The Vik deal alone eclipses everything. You could think we’ve spent £3.5m on Simms and £1.5m on Sakamoto and £2m on this lad. OR you could think we spent £1m on Vik and turned it into Simms, Sakamoto, Thomas, and another £10m or so. Then the gamble doesn’t look so big 🤷🏻‍♂️

shmmeee

Wikipedia is that still accurate?

Wikipedia is more accurate than encyclopaedias for static knowledge (physics, geography, etc). For pop culture and celebrity issues it’s prone to eejits putting themselves as a member of the Finland U21 team for lols (or updating a players page to pretend they’ve signed).

ajsccfc

p2926Lz.png

Never rely on Wikipedia

long way home

The way the signings have been i wouldn't be shocked we had already signed him and will we see him next warming up tomorrow before KO.

Users who are viewing this thread