bloody typical (1 Viewer)

quinn1971

Great game to choose to start going again.:)was impressed for the first 25 mins.so much better than the dire football I've been used to at the ricoh.passed it round with confidence and kept the ball well, didn't create much though.obviously they haven't been playing as bad as they did today, , couple of the regulars said brentford has been the best team they've seen so far . I'll have to take his word for that.most worrying is how bad we defend, every time they broke they looked like they were going to score, even the aimless balls over the top gave them chances.if it wasn't for murphy it would have been alot more.After hearing how positive the atmosphere has been at sixfields today came as a shock, sat behind the goal and apart from a few MERRY fans atmosphere was far from positive,even at 0-1 there was nothing to try and lift the team, one half hearted pusb's that didn't even make it to the end . it's easy supporting them when they're playing good football and winning but if that's how it's going to be when they struggle, , its going to be an even more desperate place to play.heard someone compare the atmosphere at sixfields to highfield rd....not even close.

thaiskyblue

Great game to choose to start going again.:)was impressed for the first 25 mins.so much better than the dire football I've been used to at the ricoh.passed it round with confidence and kept the ball well, didn't create much though.obviously they haven't been playing as bad as they did today, , couple of the regulars said brentford has been the best team they've seen so far . I'll have to take his word for that.most worrying is how bad we defend, every time they broke they looked like they were going to score, even the aimless balls over the top gave them chances.if it wasn't for murphy it would have been alot more.After hearing how positive the atmosphere has been at sixfields today came as a shock, sat behind the goal and apart from a few MERRY fans atmosphere was far from positive,even at 0-1 there was nothing to try and lift the team, one half hearted pusb's that didn't even make it to the end . it's easy supporting them when they're playing good football and winning but if that's how it's going to be when they struggle, , its going to be an even more desperate place to play.heard someone compare the atmosphere at sixfields to highfield rd....not even close.
maybe it was a sign.

quinn1971

Picked the wrong game after some of the thrillers there :(

Title says it all....you can tell how pressley wants them to play.on the floor tidy football.think we'll struggle when it doesn't work though . doesn't matter how good they keep the ball if that's the back four for the rest of the season we're in trouble. It's that quiet you can hear what the players are saying to each other or in our case not saying to each other.apart from murphy there's nothing . needs a talker at the back and quickly

hutch1972

I thought that the pathetic atmosphere would wear the team down eventually and maybe today was the start ( hope i'm wrong )

shy_tall_knight

When brentford were chanting "we filled your ground for you" were there any replies back stating its not our ground or our city.

Any sisu out chants ?.

quinn1971

No...afraid not....heard a quiet " we're supposed to be at home"but that was it...if fans are trying to make out sixfields is some great little ground with no negativity they're lying...heard it first hand today....silence when your losing is just as bad as the booing at the ricoh.give me the "soulless ricoh" anyday.

quinn1971

I thought that the pathetic atmosphere would wear the team down eventually and maybe today was the start ( hope i'm wrong )

Not just saying the atmosphere was crap because we lost....even the first 25 mins when we played well, you can here a pin drop...loudest cheer was when the ref finally gave us a freekick.last 10 mins was embarrasing silence from both fans.

Flying Fokker

The radio commentary said that the fans were unhappy with the football Northampton Sky Blues were playing.

It may be better for you to keep your memories of Coventry City in Coventry.

letsallsingtogether

Don't believe it have been told no end of times that the atmosphere is better then the ricoh RFC said so on more then one occasion..

But honestly if I was attending I would have to chant and defend my team regardless always have even when we Played shit. letting them take the piss should not be allowed.

theferret

Don't believe it have been told no end of times that the atmosphere is better then the ricoh RFC said so on more then one occasion..

But honestly if I was attending I would have to chant and defend my team regardless always have even when we Played shit. letting them take the piss should not be allowed.

In truth, the atmosphere has been non-existant. It was OK(ish) for Preston, and there was a positive mood and a bit of noise against Colchester - but otherwise nothing and today was shocking. People who go and say otherwise are kidding themselves.

Tonylinc

The fact that we lost has ruined my weekend but I also think that some of those extra 100 or so may not return and for that I am pleased. We need to show these owners that we are not prepared to follow CCFC outside of the city.

quinn1971

Like I said before it's easy when your winning...we were 0-1 down and there was nothing....fans in sixfields have been quick enough to take the credit for creating this positive atmosphere that's making them play how they have been up until now...they needed the crowd to pick them up today. ...there was nothing..must be willing to take the blame aswell.

skybluetony176

In truth, the atmosphere has been non-existant. It was OK(ish) for Preston, and there was a positive mood and a bit of noise against Colchester - but otherwise nothing and today was shocking. People who go and say otherwise are kidding themselves.

don't tell RFC, he's just posted the complete opposite on another thread.

quinn1971

100 % agree with your last bit.Can't speak for the other games...today was poor support.you still need support from the few that are there.

letsallsingtogether

Look I don't want to and don't go into Sixfields.
I also do not want us to lose.
I don't want us to lose fans ether but that is what is happening and for all of Joy's wise words it is all of her makin.

By saying there is no return to Coventry without owning the Ricoh she has yet again shat in our faces tempers will get flared and supporters will never return to her ground in Warwickshire.

Sorry but that is the future of our club poorly supported by us for the last 30 odd years and it will only get worse.

I can't say I will never return because I am missing watching my team playing but will not step foot in sixfields unless it is as an away supporter.

mrbluesky87

Which makes me think, what can we all do to end this madness? For the first time today, those that do go to Northampton are basically saying it'd shit apart from RFC. The Manager and players want to be playing at the Ricoh reading between the lines in the CET. We all want the same f*****g thing yet Slagle each other off day in day out.

theferret

Which makes me think, what can we all do to end this madness? For the first time today, those that do go to Northampton are basically saying it'd shit apart from RFC. The Manager and players want to be playing at the Ricoh reading between the lines in the CET. We all want the same f*****g thing yet Slagle each other off day in day out.

Indeed. It was odd today in a way. Previous games there has been a feeling that we are a big city football club that are going through the mill and that we just have to put up with this silliness for a few more weeks, while the people with the power to change things get their heads out of their arse.

Today it felt much more permanent. Reality set in - a feeling that this is my football club, and it is currently the worst supported in all four divisions. Perhaps it'll only be one season, but the thought of seven more months of that (minimum) is soul-destroying. Can't wait for Stevenage so I can feel good about my football club again, if only for a few hours.

skybluefred

Indeed. It was odd today in a way. Previous games there has been a feeling that we are a big city football club that are going through the mill and that we just have to put up with this silliness for a few more weeks, while the people with the power to change things get their heads out of their arse.

Today it felt much more permanent. Reality set in - a feeling that this is my football club, and it is currently the worst supported in all four divisions. Perhaps it'll only be one season, but the thought of seven more months of that (minimum) is soul-destroying. Can't wait for Stevenage so I can feel good about my football club again, if only for a few hours.

What makes you think we will BEAT Stevenage? a couple more injuries combined with a pitch cutting up and anything
can happen.

ecky

What makes you think we will BEAT Stevenage? a couple more injuries combined with a pitch cutting up and anything
can happen.

your right the squad isnt big enough, pressley needs to add and quickly, you cant keep playing the youngsters week in week out....

theferret

can happen.

I don't, I'm talking about the feeling before the game in the pub and the togetherness in the stands - it's the only time we feel like a proper club nowadays. A win is always welcome obviously!

RFC

Give me a break, nothing wrong with the atmosphere today but Uwe had done his 'homework' at Port Vale where I saw him and two of his assistants last week. So credit where credits due.

I was there, so please don't deny a good positive atmosphere despite us not getting a result for the very 1st time at HOME!

We are where we are whether we like it or not, please 'put-up or shut-up', sooner rather than later PUSB!

theferret

Give me a break, nothing wrong with the atmosphere today but Uwe had done his 'homework' at Port Vale where I saw him and two of his assistants last week. So credit where credits due.

I was there, so please don't deny a good positive atmosphere despite us not getting a result for the very 1st time at HOME!

We are where we are whether we like it or not, please 'put-up or shut-up', sooner rather than later PUSB!

You are bonkers. I like that I think.

mrbluesky87

RFC take your own advice, put up or shut up, you are in the minority on this forum. Ferret I'd one of the more honest posters on this site of whom I dont always agree but he is honest. I would believe what he had to say over anything you had to say and the fact you put HOME in capitol letters says it all.

skybluetony176

when its just you and 1 of your lads there will you still be telling everyone what a good atmosphere it is?

quinn1971

Come on be honest about it...you can't call that today positive. The loudest cheer was when the ref finally gave us a free kick . I was there too....it was far from positive.

letsallsingtogether

Of course it is not only he is right he likes the thought of us playing in Northampton that makes it even more tragic.
Well whatever he is trying to achieve by his posts it seems that strict factual accuracy isn't involved.

theferret

Come on be honest about it...you can't call that today positive. The loudest cheer was when the ref finally gave us a free kick . I was there too....it was far from positive.

A lot has been said in the early games about the lack of expectation from the crowd and how that lack of pressure may have helped the younger players - and there was perhaps an element of truth in that.

Today we saw the flip side of that - because when the team needed a lift, even just a hearty rendition of the Sky Blue Song, or a roar of encouragement, it wasn't forthcoming. It will only get worse I feel. I doubt very much there was any other game over the weekend where there was barely a single audible chant from the home fans. That is not a 'positive' atmosphere - it is shit, and RFC is deluding himself (although I haven't ruled out the possibility that he/she is on a massive wind-up mission).

georgehudson

was our esteemed CEO there ?
will he burst forth with a comment about thousands coming to watch us, after 3 or 4 games ?
regardless of who you blame for our plight,
is playing in N'hampton a good thing ?
does this whole scenario make sense ?
will CCFC fans ever get a fair deal ?
what do the F/L, or F/A have to say about it ?
imho, Otium Wanderers have failed BIG TIME

WestEndAgro

RFC is a WUM, I used to take his posts half sieriously, now I just laugh at them.

Users who are viewing this thread