Match Thread Blackburn Rovers - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 27th Apr (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

A last ditch attempt to bottle the game goes unpunished there. Bodes poorly for Blackburn that they couldn't score today, as for us...just terrible.

Skyblue in Baku

Bobert is a very good defender. Enjoys his football too.

Lati actually decent at left CB when he came on, other than one daft moment.

MVE defended well and Da Silva not too bad either other than consistently hoofing it down the line.

Who is Bobert?

mark82

The lack of urgency at the end when we still have a chance for playoffs (albeit very slim) was terrible. Complete lack of awareness from everyone involved. If we'dade an effort the last 2 games we'd be in with a great chance. Disappointing season from a league perspective. Not good enough.

Blind-Faith

Tough watch second half.

Collins proved second half he can do it, commanding his are, good handling etc. Just need it more consistently.

The red card killed it. The squad itself has nothing left to give. Thomas is just getting better and better, reminds me of Scott Dann.

Plenty to look forward to next season. Hopefully some of the academy lads get a bit of game time now.

Sick Boy

The lack of urgency at the end when we still have a chance for playoffs (albeit very slim) was terrible. Complete lack of awareness from everyone involved. If we'dade an effort the last 2 games we'd be in with a great chance. Disappointing season from a league perspective. Not good enough.
We were never going to be able to sustain a cup run and a play-off push, unfortunately.

bigfatronssba

So basically the first clean sheet in about 2 months after having a CB sent off.

I actually thought once we went down to 10 men it was quite a spirited performance

Ipswich will be hard, but we need a win against QPR next week to make sure we end on a high.

Remember this was always the transition season.

Tommo1993

Did fuck all, all game. Only chance we had Wright gave straight to the keeper. Wish that was the final game, the team is done.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

you’re talking nonsense, if you can’t see Sheaf is our best midfielder, head and shoulders above anyone else, and I’d go so far as to say possibly our best and most valuable asset, then you need to have a word with yourself….

and if the only thing you’re relying on is some nonsense stat you’ve either got an axe to grind or you’re an idiot

Ah, insults. No actual arguments then.

He's fantastic in our own half for the most part (not that we conceded today), going forwards not so much. The love in is weird. How many assists has he got this season, in a free scoring team? Pretty sure that's zero.

People don't want to even have a conversation about the fact our form is black and white with him versus out. Of course there will be various denominators, but the fact no one can even debate sensibly speaks volumes.

Skyblue Bangkok

H
So basically the first clean sheet in about 2 months after having a CB sent off.

I actually thought once we went down to 10 men it was quite a spirited performance

Ipswich will be hard, but we need a win against QPR next week to make sure we end on a high.

Have we had one player sent off 3 times in one season ?

mark82

We were never going to be able to sustain a cup run and a play-off push, unfortunately.
Yeah, it killed us really. I'm not sure it's necessarily the physical side that did for us, was the players taking their eye off the ball slightly in the run up to the semi final.

Post cup semi final injuries seem to have killed us. Although, seems we'd given up on it prior to the Hull game anyway.

Brighton Sky Blue

He's fantastic in our own half for the most part (not that we conceded today), going forwards not so much. The love in is weird. How many assists has he got this season, in a free scoring team? Pretty sure that's zero.

People don't want to even have a conversation about the fact our form is black and white with him versus out. Of course there will be various denominators, but the fact no one can even debate sensibly speaks volumes.
Will be interesting if a top flight side is willing to spend big money on him despite your criticisms.

ProfessorbyGrace

If you’ve got the actual stats to hand, and wouldn’t mind sharing them, I’d be interested to see them. 👍🏻

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

The old stats don't count if they don't back up my view argument I see.
ok hang on, so Sheaf is shit because when he plays we lose, so it must be his fault (and nothing to do with the other 10 players on the pitch) and when he doesn’t play we win so the player playing instead of him (and not the other 10 players on the pitch) won the game for us 🤔

Hertsccfc

Those two matches don't matter at all. What good is ending on a high in the grand scheme?

It's all about preparing for next season now.

Last edited:

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Have you cross checked it to make sure it’s nonsense?

I believe he provided information, rather than actual stat-based proof, as such.

whether it’s an actual stat or a made up stat, it’s nonsense - I don’t need to cross check it to tell you that much….

I’m also not sure what your argument is here, are you saying he should prove it’s a fact, or are you saying the stat means Ben Sheaf is shit?

Alkhen

Never a red, plenty of cover and miles from goal. Debatable it was even a foul. Harsh on Kitching

Hertsccfc

ok hang on, so Sheaf is shit because when he plays we lose, so it must be his fault (and nothing to do with the other 10 players on the pitch) and when he doesn’t play we win so the player playing instead of him (and not the other 10 players on the pitch) won the game for us 🤔
I think Sheaf’s a great player but some use stats only when they support their views.

Boicey

We seem to struggle to get motivated in run of the mill games. We play so much better at higher tempo.
In the end we will finish mid table with form tailing off.
We definitely need some more quality in the first 11 and leadership to make a step up.
Squad quantity ain’t gonna cut it.

ProfessorbyGrace

whether it’s an actual stat or a made up stat, it’s nonsense - I don’t need to cross check it to tell you that much….

I’m also not sure what your argument is here, are you saying he should prove it’s a fact, or are you saying the stat means Ben Sheaf is shit?
Oh, you don’t need to check for yourself? To ensure you’re not wrong. 🤣

Yes, mate, of course, make the assumption that I said he’s shit. Grow up.

Users who are viewing this thread