Transfer Rumour Billy Sharp (1 Viewer)

tommy hutch legend

You would think he would prefer Rotherham but we will probably offer more money.

Apart from the squad turnover argument - I'd rather have Sharp than Godden in the substitute striker role.
Cant see the logic in that ?

Londonccfcfan

Wtf! No thanks! Big step backwards. He was awfull last year in a team that won Autos. Hes through and through Sheffield United, no way interested in a OAP.

4 years older than Waghorn. Christ.

Esoterica

We have a young squad. Robins has always liked experienced pros around for the youngsters to learn from. Doyle, Matty James etc. Fadz, Kelly, Sharp would be one for each area of the pitch. While underwhelming, with 9 on the bench this year I don’t see it as such a big issue. We don’t see what goes on behind the scenes, if Robins feels it’s needed around the place, why do we suddenly not trust him on this?

Garlana86

I mean...he's seen his team get promoted a few times, other than the experience and helping the team get over the line I wouldn't count on much more.

Legia Sky Blue

Sharp is a definite no from me. Great player in his time, but that time has gone. He would also command a hefty salary that could be better utilised elsewhere. We need to learn the lessons from the Waghorn signing and not repeat it.

Tommo1993

Simms, Yates, Godden and Vente would be ideal. Why bother going for a 37 year old? Much better off in League One.

Exactly. If we were looking at Billy Sharp when we were still in L1 I’d have been buzzing.

We were a kick/save away from top flight football just now, he’s 37 and not as physically up to it. Sorry, but if you’re happy as a fan for us to sign him, it’s incredibly small club syndrome. We are higher than his level.

Mucca Mad Boys

Billy Sharp as an option of the bench on a one year deal would be something I can get onboard with.

I do think Godden will end up leaving this window and we’ll likely need a ‘stopgap’ player. The experience with Kelly, McFadz and even Godden shows just how important leadership is to a team.

SkyblueTexan

Im not sure on this one, unless its a signing with potential to take him on in a coaching role when he retires like a shooting/attacking coach or something
Exactly my thoughts on this

Hertsccfc

I think most of his recent appearances have been as a late substitute so stats are probably not as bad as they look. Has a bit of a Waghorn feel but I suspect would be considerably more useful. But only if cheap and I would much prefer to keep Godden.

Esoterica

I think most of his recent appearances have been as a late substitute so stats are probably not as bad as they look. Has a bit of a Waghorn feel but I suspect would be considerably more useful. But only if cheap and I would much prefer to keep Godden.
Can’t remember the last time we actually had a forward with a decent aerial threat. That alone as an option, for the last 20 mins, is worth considering.

Samo

Not for me thanks

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Cameron Archer would be a better signing, permanent or loan.

Just won the u21 Euro Championship with England.

Users who are viewing this thread