Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (6 Viewers)

Otis

After the absolute drivel of the last few series it's been good to see Doctor Who back on form and on the basis of yesterday Ncuti is going to smash it. Amazing what a difference some decent writing makes.

Good send off for Ghosts as well.

this has been on my watchlist for ages, need to get round to it.
That's very interesting, because I have just watched the new Doctor Who episode and thought it was absolutely awful. 🤷

It felt all Disneyfied and far too slick and flashy and we had the Doctor singing a musical number. 😳

I thought the Ruby Sunday character was far too confident and atune from the very start and there was little wonder or adjustment to the new reality from the Doctor or companion.

Far too flashy and lacking the feel of a DW episode for me.

I loved The Wide Blue Yonder one that came just before it, mind

Last edited:

AOM

The Tourist series 2 on iPlayer. Didn't even know they were making a second series, but really enjoyed it so far.
The ex-boyfriend is definitely the best character

Mr Panda

No idea what the hype was about.

It's definitely hyped up a little bit too much but I enjoyed parts of it, think it could have been done a little better though.

I loved the summer montage with MGMT - Time to pretend playing in the background

ajsccfc

I thought True Detective 3 was a big improvement over 2, rankings wise I'd go

YouTube compilations of people squeezing spots close up

Great_Expectations

It took a while, and I went through phases of enjoyment / boredom, but overall Yellowstone is a good watch and worth it as it seems to up its game in S5.

Massively annoying P2 of S5 isn’t out until late summer now!

Tempted to stay in the genre and watch 1923 or 1033.

Last edited:

Otis

It took a while, and I went through phases of enjoyment / boredom, but overall it’s a good watch and worth it as it seems to up its game in S5.

Massively annoying P2 of S5 isn’t out until late summer now!

Tempted to stay in the genre and watch 1923 or 1033.
Confused Little Girl GIF

AOM

Fool Me Once, another Harlan Coben adaptation on Netflix.
Don't know why I keep watching his shows as they're always so ridiculous and predictable, and I spend the whole time complaining about the plot holes, but ended up watching it all in one sitting anyway just to see how it ended. Meh

ajsccfc

I'm halfway through it, it's like a Dan Brown book where every other page is a cliffhanger but it's enjoyable nonsense so far

Sky_Blue_Daz

Found a Welsh comedy on the bbc iplayer called tourist trap very funny and a great cast including sally Phillips , Ellis James and Mike bubbins

Bertola

Been a little while since I've been on here, but over the last few weeks I've watched a few of the things mentioned on here.

Saltburn - Enjoyable, outrageous, bizarre but worth watching... Sophie Ellis Bextor has been stuck in my head since watching.

Fool Me Once - Only half way through, but over dramatic music, cliff hangers at every opportunity, complete nonsense that doesn't seem to make sense, but I feel like I need to finish it.

Based on a True Story - Only Murders in the Building meets the flight attendant. Enjoyable, and with episodes only being 20 odd mins long, it's easy to get through quickly.

Mr Bates vs the Post Office - Sure Everyone has seen/read about it but if you haven't its a must watch

clint van damme

Fool Me Once, another Harlan Coben adaptation on Netflix.
Don't know why I keep watching his shows as they're always so ridiculous and predictable, and I spend the whole time complaining about the plot holes, but ended up watching it all in one sitting anyway just to see how it ended. Meh

What a clown you are, I would never do that (honestly!).

Seriously, I did the same, I was moaning about the plot holes from about the 2nd minute but still watched the lot!

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

AOM

What a clown you are, I would never do that (honestly!).

Seriously, I did the same, I was moaning about the plot holes from about the 2nd minute but still watched the lot!

Before I even saw a trailer, I said I bet Richard Armitage is in this. Not sure what the writers have over him that he keeps having to sign up for these.

The flashbacks for the audience to point out things they might have missed 10 minutes ago were driving me mad. It's actually insulting 😂

Great_Expectations

Got a cinema tripped pencilled in for tomorrow night and for the first time in a long time it won’t be to see a kids film!

Has anyone been recently and got any recommendations? Poor Things has great reviews and won awards etc - has anyone seen it?

Yank

Got a cinema tripped pencilled in for tomorrow night and for the first time in a long time it won’t be to see a kids film!

Has anyone been recently and got any recommendations? Poor Things has great reviews and won awards etc - has anyone seen it?
Watched The Beekeeper today. Classic Statham action movie which means to say kept me entertained throughout, good cast also.

Users who are viewing this thread