Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (1 Viewer)

JAM See

Black Adam. Meh.

Not good, not bad, just...meh.

JAM See

Just watched the first episode of the Cabinet of Curiosities…Guillermo Del Toro thing on Netflix.
It was good!
That's next on my list.

Just need to finish off The Watcher, I really wish I hadn't started it.

But once you're in, you're in.

Mcbean

Watched In Bruges last night which was on film 4 at the weekend - brilliant black comedy

tonight the second series of White Lotus starts , the first series was hilarious - binge watch no 1 you won’t be disappointed

AOM

Mike Flanagan has a new horror series out on Netflix - the Midnight Club.
His previous 3 outings were superb so hoping this will follow in its footsteps.

Did you end up watching this?
I'm halfway through and it's really good, but the amount of jump scares in the first few episodes!

My heart thinks it's watching Lee Burge again

Sky_Blue_Daz

Thank god I literally am one minute into it and thought I’d check here. What’s the best recommendation of late? Not watched anything new in a few months apart from that dahmer thing
I thought am i being unreasonable was worth watching ,

JAM See

Thank god I literally am one minute into it and thought I’d check here. What’s the best recommendation of late? Not watched anything new in a few months apart from that dahmer thing
A nice little hour is the BBC thing with Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse. Love Box I think it's called.

Just started the SAS thing by Steven Knight too. Looks promising.

Sbarcher

Just binge-watched all S2 of gangs of London - just WOW, somany twists and turns, brilliant series.
(Thank you Kodi!)

Sky_Blue_Daz

I am looking forward to I’m a celeb , another guilty telly pleasure

SkyBlueScottie

The Midnight club was ok. Loved House of Dragons, Considine got better each episode, and Matt Smith is just so watchable. Still enjoying TWD. This is Wrexham is an enjoyable watch. The Terminal lost is very good on Prime as is The Peripheral on prime, ( very good Sci fi)

Terry_dactyl

Watched 'See How They Run’ this afternoon. It was good, a nice way to spend the afternoon. Bit of a whodunnit!

Went to the theatre last Friday to see the lavender hill mob. It had Miles Jupp in it. Really enjoyed it…but the wine was flowing so maybe not as good as I thought!
Think I’ll see if I can dig out the old Ealing Comedies next week for the perfect Sunday matinee!

shmmeee

Just watched the first episode of Homecoming on Amazon Prime. Intriguing.

Finished season 1. Really enjoy watching it, some lovely cinematography and good actors. I’m only slightly less confused at the end of the season than I was at the start. Going to start S2 but no idea where it’s going to go.

Otis

Finished season 1. Really enjoy watching it, some lovely cinematography and good actors. I’m only slightly less confused at the end of the season than I was at the start. Going to start S2 but no idea where it’s going to go.
Loved the first season. Was slightly disappointed with the second.

Grendel

The Devils Hour - I’ve watched two so far - looks like it’s pretty high quality stuff

If anyone is nostalgic for Hammer Horror anthologies meets the outer limits the Cabinet of curiosities is just brilliant. It isn’t brilliant unless you like 1970’s hammer anthologies

eedyut

Apologies if this has been mentioned (couldn't see it last 10 or so pages) - but I have to chime in with Dark on Netflix - it's incredible. Got to be subtitles not the dubbing (unless you speak German), but it's almost the perfect timetravel tale - everything about it is brilliant - a proper headfuck but not pompously clever...honestly, if you haven't, give it a bosh!

Terry_dactyl

The Devils Hour - I’ve watched two so far - looks like it’s pretty high quality stuff

If anyone is nostalgic for Hammer Horror anthologies meets the outer limits the Cabinet of curiosities is just brilliant. It isn’t brilliant unless you like 1970’s hammer anthologies
I’m loving the Cabinet of Curiosities…not sure my ‘house mates’ are quite so keen…”it’s another weird one”, went the voice to my left after yesterdays viewing. Definitely a touch of Hammer about them…Guillermo Del Toro at the start could be Vincent Price!

JAM See

Apologies if this has been mentioned (couldn't see it last 10 or so pages) - but I have to chime in with Dark on Netflix - it's incredible. Got to be subtitles not the dubbing (unless you speak German), but it's almost the perfect timetravel tale - everything about it is brilliant - a proper headfuck but not pompously clever...honestly, if you haven't, give it a bosh!
Loved Dark. Didn't outstay it's welcome like some series' (looking at you Lost).

Keep an eye out for a show called 1899 (also on Netflix). It's the Dark's crew next outing. No release date yet though.

Edit : It's coming on 17th November.

Otis

Loved Dark. Didn't outstay it's welcome like some series' (looking at you Lost).

Keep an eye out for a show called 1899 (also on Netflix). It's the Dark's crew next outing. No release date yet though.

Edit : It's coming on 17th November.
Yes. Saw the trailer for that. Looks good.

AOM

My brain was already overloading, and then they added a third timeline haha
Enjoyed it, but didn't actually finish it. Will have to at some point

AOM

Mr Harrigan's Phone on Netflix. Started well, but the ending feels very incomplete imo

It's a Stephen King short story adaptation, and it feels like a short story drawn out over 100 mins

Users who are viewing this thread