Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (5 Viewers)

shmmeee

Everything Everywhere All At Once on Amazon Prime

Had heard mixed reviews, but really enjoyed it. Completely random and funny and a nice approach to dual language as well. Just enjoy the ride.

JAM See

The Wonder (Netflix).

Florence Pugh is my new favourite actor.

Sbarcher

Just binged the 1st series of The Pact (BBC iPlayer).
Really enjoyable with some good twists.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Last The walking dead episode tonight Wonder if Rick will make an appearance

JAM See

Just back from 'The Menu'

Really enjoyed it, a solid 8.5.

Whether you go to the picture house or get it on a dodgy stream, I recommend that you don't read up on it beforehand.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Watched the finale of The walking dead, I enjoyed it. Not sure if I’ll bother with the spin offs though

Otis

Watched the finale of The walking dead, I enjoyed it. Not sure if I’ll bother with the spin offs though
I am glad it's ended to be honest, Daz and didn't particularly enjoy the last episode either. Too much smaltz and soft pianos and very quickly sewn up happy endings.

I am not sure on the sequels. Will see what the reviews say, but can't see where else they can go with it all really.

I have been disappointed with it for some time now.

shmmeee

Movie night is every night at the moment:

Dredd (Prime I think) - a fun romp with lots of nice slo-mo effects but not a patch on the original IMO.

The Good Nurse (Netflix) - Was interesting in that it was a true story, gets dull in places but the leads put in a really good performance. Watched mostly so my GF could point out all her newly discovered pharmacy knowledge and how they aren’t following best practice I think.

Otis

Movie night is every night at the moment:

Dredd (Prime I think) - a fun romp with lots of nice slo-mo effects but not a patch on the original IMO.

The Good Nurse (Netflix) - Was interesting in that it was a true story, gets dull in places but the leads put in a really good performance. Watched mostly so my GF could point out all her newly discovered pharmacy knowledge and how they aren’t following best practice I think.
Really liked The Good Nurse. Found the documentary of the same case a lot duller. 😂

shmmeee

Really liked The Good Nurse. Found the documentary of the same case a lot duller. 😂

Ah I was thinking about watching that too so will skip it. Just not really my cup of tea (no mutants or futuristic cyborgs), but enjoyed it. I just get bored if nothings blown up for ten minutes 😂

Sky_Blue_Daz

Alright dont shoot me down, has anyone made a start on any Christmas films or specials yet ?

Daughter was down for the weekend and we watched Home Alone and the 2 Gavin and Stacey episodes

JAM See

Alright dont shoot me down, has anyone made a start on any Christmas films or specials yet ?

Daughter was down for the weekend and we watched Home Alone and the 2 Gavin and Stacey episodes
Consider yourself shot down Daz.
It's November!

We love the original Nativity in our house, but not in fucking November.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Consider yourself shot down Daz.
It's November!

We love the original Nativity in our house, but not in fucking November.
Fair play , my daughter was at Holy family whilst they filmed the first 3 nativity films , I remember dropping her off one morning and walked past Martin Freeman didn’t realise at the time. Was only when I got home I copped onto who he was

Last edited:

shmmeee

Tonight’s film: The One I Love (Amazon)

Really good mind bending film, probably best to go in not knowing too much.

Sick Boy

Some of our neighbours have got their tree and decorations up already and have dressed their dog in a Christmas jumper thing. Today a 8ft inflatable snowman appeared on their balcony - it’s just wrong.

Sick Boy

On series 5 of the Sopranos for the 100th time and there’s always something new I had noticed; probably the worst series of the lot though.

shmmeee

Not one to recommend here:

Titane (Prime paid rental) - Woman fucks car, kills people, random shit happens, woman dies. Very artsy. Very French. Very confusing.

AOM

Broadchurch is on ITV Hub (or whatever it's called now) if you never got around to watching it. First and third series were brilliant, recommend

shmmeee

Swiss Army Man on ITV Hub

Daniel Radcliffe is a corpse that saves a guy stranded on a desert island, actually really enjoyed it. By the same people as Everything Everywhere All At Once and just as weird.

JAM See

'She Said'. Decent investigative journalism movie, a la Spotlight or All The President's Men.

All about Harvey Weinstein and how he eventually got bought to book.

chiefdave

BBC Christmas media pack is out. Mostly very uninspiring. Who the fuck wants two Mrs Browns Boys specials?

But hidden in there is a new feature length special of the Detectorists. If you haven't watched it all three series are on iplayer, one of the best shows of recent years IMO totally hidden away by the BBC in a late night BBC Four slot.

Sbarcher

Just watched the first 3 episodes of the Tulsa King. Aging mafia guy (Stallone) shipped off to Tulsa having been inside for 25 years after taking the rap for his boss.
Bit slow to start but warming up nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread