Arsenal sold out now? (1 Viewer)

Block19

Everyone missed the fact that if you were a private seat licence holder you still got first pick ( up to two tickets) so if you have put some money forward BEFORE SISU can and this saga you could still get tickets regardless if had been to any games this season. If more people had put more money into the club before SISU we might not have needed them

JWC

Half the people moaning would never have gone anyway, probably the same ones who suddenly decided they support ccfc when we played crewe with a sniff of Wembley.

Even if that was the case, it doesn't change the fact they sent tickets back before giving people the chance to buy them, which is ludicrous. Of course people will moan.

For the record, I would have definitely gone. I'm really not happy about not being able to get a ticket and this has soured my view of our owners even more.

skybluetony176

Half the people moaning would never have gone anyway, probably the same ones who suddenly decided they support ccfc when we played crewe with a sniff of Wembley.

So you get all defensive over the fans that go to sixfields and plead impartiality but are happy to have a dig at other fans who only watch certain games?

Double standards

ccfcmustang

I have an arsenal ticket for sale. I can't go now due to work commitments. Sale at sale price of £25.50. Message me if interested

Nick

Administrator
So you get all defensive over the fans that go to sixfields and plead impartiality but are happy to have a dig at other fans who only watch certain games?

Double standards

How is it double standards? I just said people only decided to support us when there was a sniff of Wembley, which is true. I know of at least 20 people who had never been to the Ricoh, but suddenly decided to against Crewe because of the chance of a day out.

Grendel

Even if that was the case, it doesn't change the fact they sent tickets back before giving people the chance to buy them, which is ludicrous. Of course people will moan.

For the record, I would have definitely gone. I'm really not happy about not being able to get a ticket and this has soured my view of our owners even more.
If they didn't buy them the club had to pay for them.

How many threads are dedicated to this rubbish?

JWC

If they didn't buy them the club had to pay for them.

How many threads are dedicated to this rubbish?

Well done for completely missing my point there.

Give people the chance to buy them before making a decision on how many they need. How long does priority sale normally last? 1, 2 days?

skybluetony176

How is it double standards? I just said people only decided to support us when there was a sniff of Wembley, which is true. I know of at least 20 people who had never been to the Ricoh, but suddenly decided to against Crewe because of the chance of a day out.

Oh. So you weren't having a go at "real" fans. 1 game a season or a season ticket holder, their still fans. So yes, double standards.

Last edited:

Grendel

GRENDEL you have a choice son if you feel the threads are rubbish, simples dont read them..its not hard

Wierd. I'm often accused of starting threads on subjects already under discussion.

I assume you'd not go anyway as in sure you'd be far too principalled to give any of your cash to the evil hedge fund?

Hobo

For a man who states he likes to deal in facts this statement is based purely on opinion. Nick you obviously don't know how some of the floating support works. I.e some work on match days but will take time off for a big match.

On your theory every single season ticket holder is going to Arsenal.

Another example I was at Wembley v Everton. A lot of people have commented on the extra large following At that game. However I was at every cup game that season bar the FA Cup Final v Spurs...guess I'm one of your part time floating supporters.

Nick

Administrator
For a man who states he likes to deal in facts this statement is based purely on opinion. Nick you obviously don't know how some of the floating support works. I.e some work on match days but will take time off for a big match.

On your theory every single season ticket holder is going to Arsenal.

Another example I was at Wembley v Everton. A lot of people have commented on the extra large following At that game. However I was at every cup game that season bar the FA Cup Final v Spurs...guess I'm one of your part time floating supporters.

Well no, because you were at every cup game that season. I might be mistaken but there was a difference in crowd between Burton and Crewe.

Does "floating support" mean just going to the big games then, I mustn't know how it works?

theferret

Well no, because you were at every cup game that season. I might be mistaken but there was a difference in crowd between Burton and Crewe.

Does "floating support" mean just going to the big games then, I mustn't know how it works?

To be honest Nick, I'm not sure it is that hard to understand. We have a large pool of supporters. Some go every week, some go quite often, some go now and again, some go once in a blue moon. Occasionally, a game comes along, be it Chelsea or Crewe or a Charity Shield, where just about everyone from all those categories wants to go to the same game. That's the way it has always been and always will be, and it applies to every club. Not sure where the mystery is really.

Last edited:

Como

Why didn't the people moaning guarantee to the club that if they took up the extra allocation they would make good any shortfall if they were not all sold?

Win win.

Hobo

To be honest Nick, I'm noyt sure it is that hard to understand. We have a large pool of supporters. Some go every week, some go quite often, some go now and again, some go once in a blue moon. Occasionally, a game comes along, be it Chelsea or Crewe or a Charity Shield, where just about everyone from all those categories wants to go to the same game. That's the way it has always been and always will be, and it applies to every club. Not sure where the mystery is really.
f

Exactly we have fans all over the country with all sorts of commitments and Nick is dumbfounfed the
attendance
Leaps for a big game despite it being same at any other club!

ccfcrch89

On the other hand, I find it extremely disgusting that more seats weren't allocated. When they announced last week they rejected the extra 3000 seats or whatever it was due to it being a Friday night I KNEW that no one would get anything on General Sale. I think its a clear demonstration that the owners don't know the clubs history, fanbase or following. There is a lot of people that have stopped going over the recent years because they had season tickets for endless seasons only to find they can't afford it anymore or that they have commitments that lie elsewhere due to work or financial stresses.
But on the other hand they SHOULD know that big games require big seat allocations especially with the history of Coventry... Another big fuck up.

JWC

Why didn't the people moaning guarantee to the club that if they took up the extra allocation they would make good any shortfall if they were not all sold?

Win win.

What, really? Are you really suggesting that fans pay extra if we didn't sell enough tickets?

chiefdave

There wouldn't have been a shortfall. If there were tickets unsold it would just mean that the revenues paid to CCFC for this match would be slightly lower. People seem to forget Arsenal have sold out all their tickets and we get 45% of that as well so it's not like if the tickets were unsold SISU would make a loss on the match.

Monners

There wouldn't have been a shortfall. If there were tickets unsold it would just mean that the revenues paid to CCFC for this match would be slightly lower. People seem to forget Arsenal have sold out all their tickets and we get 45% of that as well so it's not like if the tickets were unsold SISU would make a loss on the match.

Exactly. It is either a clueless decision based on no knowledge of the fanbase, or something more sinister, although that is impossible to prove.

Users who are viewing this thread