Arsenal sold out now? (1 Viewer)

Bagsy

Complete Joke.

I have been to 4 away games this season with my 2 boys. Because i book the tickets and not them i was only allowed to book 2 seats yesterday. What am i supposed to do flip a coin to decide which 1 I take? I even called the ticket office 14 times yesterday before I got through and was told "Sorry but we only have 1 person buying although we can see the your 2 boys had tickets bought for them, because they didn't buy the tickets themselves, they are not eligible to buy a ticket now"

I'm online at 9.30 to see about 10 tickets available none of them together. WTF.

Welcome to the world of 'Coventry' City Football Club under SISU

TurkeyTrot

Complete Joke.

I have been to 4 away games this season with my 2 boys. Because i book the tickets and not them i was only allowed to book 2 seats yesterday. What am i supposed to do flip a coin to decide which 1 I take? I even called the ticket office 14 times yesterday before I got through and was told "Sorry but we only have 1 person buying although we can see the your 2 boys had tickets bought for them, because they didn't buy the tickets themselves, they are not eligible to buy a ticket now"

I'm online at 9.30 to see about 10 tickets available none of them together. WTF.

It's simple, which one do you love the most? :)
Joking aside, seems the club have got it wrong again

chiefdave

Can't they threaten Arsenal with legal action to get more tickets?

Isn't that the normal way to do things? :)

That would be a great court case.

Judge: Why didn't you offer them more tickets
Arsenal: We did and they said they didn't want them as nobody would buy them
SISU: errrm, it's the councils fault

withnail

Complete Joke.

Same story here.
Been to most away games, and bought 6 cup tickets for four people accross two previous cup games and it would only let me have four ever.
The web site only remebered 2 of the 4 people (lapsed season ticket holders (and remaining lapsed season ticket holders)).

Why the hell they didn't take the full 8k I don't know.
Total idiots.
Please go now.

withnail

I can't imagine they bother reading this site.
They get their money either way, they just don't care.

skybluetony176

They didn't take the extra tickets because people on this site said they/nobody was going.

Time for some self reflection?

are you seriously suggesting sisu use this site to do their market research? if they did that surely we would still be in Coventry

Last edited:

chiefdave

They didn't take the extra tickets because people on this site said they/nobody was going.

So it's the fault of SBT forum now, even SISU haven't tried that as an excuse! If they pay so much attention to what people posting on here want how come they seem to have ignored everything else aimed at them?

Tom's Dad

From Coventry City Mad;
"Arsenal Ticket News
Two representatives of Coventry City, who attended the Supporters Consultation Group meeting last night have confirmed that it was a "commercial and financial decision as to why the Sky Blues did not take up Arsenal on the offer of a second allocation of tickets.
City, who have been allocated 5,186 tickets for the Fourth Round game a week today, were told by Arsenal that they had to pay in advance with no buy back facility if the tickets were not sold, for tickets in the upper tier, a practice commonly used by a number of Premier League clubs.
With the game being on a Friday night, live on television, tickets dearer than for the League Cup tie sixteen months ago, where less than 8,000 City supporters attended etc and after checking social media, forums, websites etc to gauge opinion, the club decided that that they would not be able to sell over 8,500 tickets for the game and on a commercial and financial decision, turned down the extra tickets.
Arsenal have subequently now sold the tickets for the upper tier and are reporting that they have sold out of their entire allocation of tickets."

skyblue1991

Complete Joke.

Why didn't you buy two tickets with a seat space in between (i.e. buy seat 300 and 302). Then on GS buy one ticket elsewhere.

People in a party of an odd number will be in the same boat and it is likely people will sit anywhere with their mates. Ive had to do that because I'm in a party of three; nobody is likely to buy that one seat in between and sit there as it is very unlikely people will be going by themselves.

chiefdave

From Coventry City Mad;
"Arsenal Ticket News
Two representatives of Coventry City, who attended the Supporters Consultation Group meeting last night have confirmed that it was a "commercial and financial decision as to why the Sky Blues did not take up Arsenal on the offer of a second allocation of tickets.
City, who have been allocated 5,186 tickets for the Fourth Round game a week today, were told by Arsenal that they had to pay in advance with no buy back facility if the tickets were not sold, for tickets in the upper tier, a practice commonly used by a number of Premier League clubs.
With the game being on a Friday night, live on television, tickets dearer than for the League Cup tie sixteen months ago, where less than 8,000 City supporters attended etc and after checking social media, forums, websites etc to gauge opinion, the club decided that that they would not be able to sell over 8,500 tickets for the game and on a commercial and financial decision, turned down the extra tickets.
Arsenal have subequently now sold the tickets for the upper tier and are reporting that they have sold out of their entire allocation of tickets."

And again it comes back to why not put them on general sale a few days before the deadline to be able to make an educated decision on if the extra tickets were needed? Of course what they are basically saying there is screw those that do want to go a few extra quid is more important. They would not be losing money if all the additional tickets were not sold, they would just be making slightly less out of this game.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Time for some self reflection?

Yes, having reflected, I see that you are quite correct.

No blame of any sort can be attached to SISU.

All the fault of people posting on a website.

Thankyou for helping me to see the light.

TurkeyTrot

From Coventry City Mad;
"Arsenal Ticket News

So the posters of SBT can be added to the list of who's fault it is for SISU making wrong decisions.
Previous Owners
CCC
ACL
Higgs charity
Sky Blue Trust
Mary Mungo Midge
Bob Brolly
Sky Blues Talk

I bet if they told the SCG they were building a new stadium you'd believe them.

steveo1987

Same story here.
Been to most away games, and bought 6 cup tickets for four people accross two previous cup games and it would only let me have four ever.
The web site only remebered 2 of the 4 people (lapsed season ticket holders (and remaining lapsed season ticket holders)).

Why the hell they didn't take the full 8k I don't know.
Total idiots.
Please go now.

Its a simple solution. Simply buy a season ticket or a membership. £207 well spent. I had no trouble getting my four tickets.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

So the posters of SBT can be added to the list of who's fault it is for SISU making wrong decisions.
Previous Owners
CCC
ACL
Higgs charity
Sky Blue Trust
Mary Mungo Midge
Bob Brolly
Sky Blues Talk

I bet if they told the SCG they were building a new stadium you'd believe them.

Turkey you've missed me out I am as I've already said top of the list

theferret

Made me smile how the club were tweeting to people who could not get through on the phones this morning to buy tickets online - this was at 10am long after all online tickets has been snapped up (they went in about 30 seconds). They don't help themselves sometimes.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Made me smile how the club were tweeting to people who could not get through on the phones this morning to buy tickets online - this was at 10am long after all online tickets has been snapped up (they went in about 30 seconds). They don't help themselves sometimes.

I think they helped themselves on numerous occasions

luwalla

its very obvious what happeded here..

1. their initial allocation was more than enough to cover the people who had been attending sixfields..
2. they get the same share of the total event ticket sales regardless of those additional tickets being sold to coventry fans , or if arsenal sell them to their fans
3. they are only concerned with sorting out the people that had been attending sixfields, the rest of us can go spin ( not a great business decision i grant you, but an understandable petty shot back from SISU to the rest of us )
4. the final dig from them was mentioning forums & chat rooms .. ie. see all you lot on skyblue talk, yes you, well you can shove it! love SISU

in a nutshell!!

magic82ball

Complete Joke.

That's fucking disgusting, jobsworth c*&%s!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

its very obvious what happeded here..

1. their initial allocation was more than enough to cover the people who had been attending sixfields..
2. they get the same share of the total event ticket sales regardless of those additional tickets being sold to coventry fans , or if arsenal sell them to their fans
3. they are only concerned with sorting out the people that had been attending sixfields, the rest of us can go spin ( not a great business decision i grant you, but an understandable petty shot back from SISU to the rest of us )
4. the final dig from them was mentioning forums & chat rooms .. ie. see all you lot on skyblue talk, yes you, well you can shove it! love SISU

in a nutshell!!

They don't give a damn about the people that attend Sixfields or anybody else

torchomatic

If it wasn't this it would be something else. Moaning when it was moved to a Friday - no one would be able to go, you know - now moaning people can't get a ticket.

Just more stuff to argue and disagree about.

It'll be the tele for me on Friday.

JWC

If it wasn't this it would be something else. Moaning when it was moved to a Friday - no one would be able to go, you know - now moaning people can't get a ticket.

They're making it very easy for us to moan at the moment. You would have thought they'd be trying to get the stay away fans onside, rather than send back tickets before giving fans the opportunity to buy them.

Nick

Administrator

Half the people moaning would never have gone anyway, probably the same ones who suddenly decided they support ccfc when we played crewe with a sniff of Wembley.

Users who are viewing this thread