Anyone else not sure what to do with themselves? (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

The prospect of going up and playing the likes of Forest, Derby, Blues, Stoke, Leeds, Villa obviously dependant on promotion/relegation seems like dream land. For me it should be where we are competing as a minimum. I really hope we don't balls it up, but at the same time what we are doing is far from my expectations for the season.

In short I don't know what to do, or expect.

stevefloyd

Absolutely phenomenal season beyond all wild expectations but loving it...still a shame we are not packing out stans every week, still I guess some peoples principals are more important than giving this team the maximum support to carry us over the line

skyblue1991

I had a disagreement with a guy down the pub last nigh as he questioned why I would prefer us to be in a Championship potentially losing every week as opposed to staying in League 1 and winning.

What a bellend!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

I had a disagreement with a guy down the pub last nigh as he questioned why I would prefer us to be in a Championship potentially losing every week as opposed to staying in League 1 and winning.

What a bellend!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
Yeah, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever, I want to us to play at the highest level possible like any other fan should do.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Yes , it’s such an unnatural feeling of positivity . I’ve genuinely never felt like thus as a city fan
I’m trying to work out how many points we need to guarantee promotion I reckon 15

Mcbean

Worse case I think it’s 20 but I am one of those accountants of three types one who can count and one who can’t count

Sky Blue Harry H

Dave Boddy in the services on the way home yesterday was saying 5 or 6 wins should do it.

AlansEyes

It's a massive novelty, isnt it? The whole not buckling under pressure and collapsing mid season. The fact that we've done it playing by far the best football we've seen since the Hadji/Keane and Dion/Huckerby sides is even more impressive. Absolute top marks to Squeaky Robins.

Covkid1968#

The people who aren’t sure what to do with themselves are the people on the organising committee set up to oversee the party arrangements around the Rotherham v Sunderland end of season game. The last update I had was that Initial plans around orchestrating a 0-0 draw sending Coventry into Playoff oblivion have stalled somewhat

BigadamL

I’m actually going into work happy on a Monday!
I’ve always been proud about being a cov fan but when we were all over the place people wanted to take the piss, now we are doing good I don’t hear a peep. Now we are doing well I feel like walking round work doing the helicopter, then I remember I work in a school

skybluetony176

Seems too good to be true. I have to keep looking at the league table so much for a reality check that I have a page permanently open on my iPhone with the current league table on it.
It’s also the fact that we’re starting to pull away and leave clear ground between not just us and third but us and second. If I was observing this in the league at this point in the season with any other team in this vain of form I’d be saying, yep they’ve done it, they’ve got this in the bag now and 99.9% of the time I’d be absolutely correct come the end of the season. However I’m struggling to believe that with us, partly because I’m superstitious and if I start believing it I’ll jinx it and it will all turn to shit but also with over a quarter of a century of following and supporting coventry I’ve simply not witnessed it before and unexpectedly find myself in a position where the possibilities just seem too good to be true. Which is weird as I always thought and believed that we’d win the paint pot trophy once we made the final and I always believed that we’d smash the league two playoffs once it had been confirmed that we’d made them. Maybe because I’m old enough to remember watching the FA Cup final and believe strongly that we always turn up at Wembley but winning the league...

...wow. Mind blown.

Last edited:

oscillatewildly

Started feeling a little light headed after the final whistle at Southend a couple of weeks ago. (no chemicals were involved) The reality of what we undoubtedly will achieve slowly sinking in.

Adge

Started feeling a little light headed after the final whistle at Southend a couple of weeks ago. (no chemicals were involved) The reality of what we undoubtedly will achieve slowly sinking in.
Off to Lincoln sir?

andrew.roberts

I've been looking at some of the other forums, gloating, and the general consensus of opinion is that we're nailed on for the title. They're already talking about the options for second place and play offs.

It's a little surreal after so many years of zero expectations and suffering as a city fan but it really seems like it's all in our hands this season. It's fantastic to see such a united group of players with an incredibly positive mentality and without trying to make comparisons that was something Ferguson always tried to instill into his teams. "We'll fight 'til the game is won" ...

Finally I must doff my cap to the sky blue army, they've been unbelievable this season and their enthusiasm surely brings even more heart to the players.

PUSB

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I don't know about anybody else but I am scared shitless when we are 1-0 up. Still have images of us fucking things up even though we look so comfortable. I can't remember getting so nervous but then at full time there's that release (in my pants).

Nearly shit my pants yesterday with McFadz trying to be Ronaldo on the edge of our box while under pressure.

If we get promoted then of course we won't win every week, if we were to survive in that league it would be job done.

oscillatewildly

Off to Lincoln sir?
I've been recently discussing (with myself, it appears!) the possibility of home area encroachment at the bank.
Don't have to now tho as one of our former Sunday league partners in crime who I bumped into recently at Stans, has informed me one of their group has dropped out and I can have their ticket.

skybluetony176

I don't know about anybody else but I am scared shitless when we are 1-0 up. Still have images of us fucking things up even though we look so comfortable. I can't remember getting so nervous but then at full time there's that release (in my pants).

Nearly shit my pants yesterday with McFadz trying to be Ronaldo on the edge of our box while under pressure.

If we get promoted then of course we won't win every week, if we were to survive in that league it would be job done.
It’s the old “one”. Nothing to worry about. We’re Cov, it’s what we do:)

Halftime Orange

It's the same surreal feeling I had just before the FA cup semi final...this is happening but it shouldn't, but it is, something is wrong but it feels so right.
I think they call it cognitive dissonance.

oscillatewildly

Didn't Forest win the Div 1 title - 1977/78 by largely, 1-0 wins? It was certainly the 'Leicester' of its day and I don't recall them tearing anyone a new one. But like us they were consistent without being emphatically convincing.
We gave them a scare at HR when they finally got the point that secured the title.

covcity4life

Whats annoying for me is that i have spent all season thinking how lucky wba(and now leeds) ars to have comfortable lrad over 3rd a d how their fans can be happy every weekend and look at table with confidence they will not lose their spot

And now cov have an even better lead thab leeds and wba and i csnt relax st all. Still worried we may choke and can we win next game etc

But beats bwing 17th every year i tell you!

Otis

I’m actually going into work happy on a Monday!
I’ve always been proud about being a cov fan but when we were all over the place people wanted to take the piss, now we are doing good I don’t hear a peep. Now we are doing well I feel like walking round work doing the helicopter, then I remember I work in a school
Is that a wise thing to do for a headteacher?

SkyblueTexan

Whats annoying for me is that i have spent all season thinking how lucky wba(and now leeds) ars to have comfortable lrad over 3rd a d how their fans can be happy every weekend and look at table with confidence they will not lose their spot

And now cov have an even better lead thab leeds and wba and i csnt relax st all. Still worried we may choke and can we win next game etc

But beats bwing 17th every year i tell you!

Agree. I'll take worry of hanging to a top or top 2 spot any day over worrying about potential relegation or trying your best to make the playoffs not knowing if you can make it out of the division. I'll take autos all day.

GaryJones

I was walking back to the coach yesterday after the game in a daze - I’m confused and my head will not fully compute that we are top of the league 5 points clear with a game in hand - I kept saying “what’s happening here” “this is not the Coventry City I know - I don’t understand” am I accidentally watching Manchester City? Is this how they feel every week - going away and actually expecting to win?
I sat in the coach just staring at the league table - for ages - like I was in some self-induced coma or something!
Then to top it off I’m listening to the Ipswich radio equivalent of CWR and the guest summariser says “ Coventry - they have got the league sewn up - they will finish as champions for sure - they came here and did as much as they needed to”
The guest summariser was Mick Mills.
Then just as my head was about to explode the Rotherham manager Warne comes on and says “it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Coventry City WON every single game until the end of the season!”
Someone out there please please wake me up!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread