America (3 Viewers)

ajsccfc

Says Ted Cruz who was so appalled by Donald Trump's public attacks on his father and wife that he meekly endorsed him for president

Otis

How can anyone think it's a sane situation when the best option is to suggest increasing armed security in schools? Does he park a tank outside every school in America?
There was famous a Texas radio jock on 5 Live yesterday and he pretty much said the same thing. Keep the guns, because they need the guns! Fortify the schools.

🤷

SBT

I think America similar to Britain is now at the point where the only things holding it together are vague senses of identity, in their case the right to bear arms is one of them

It’s not like Britain at all - I don’t think there’s any common identity across America today (if there ever was one) and the right to bar arms certainly isn’t part of it. Although I do think people tend to understate just how much popular support there is for a basic right to bear arms, and overstate the role of the NRA in sustaining that.

fernandopartridge

It’s not like Britain at all - I don’t think there’s any common identity across America today (if there ever was one) and the right to bar arms certainly isn’t part of it. Although I do think people tend to understate just how much popular support there is for a basic right to bear arms, and overstate the role of the NRA in sustaining that.

That's exactly my point, there isn't a common identity across Britain rather like America. Instead different people cling to different ideals (see the forthcoming street party nonsense in our case)

SBT

That's exactly my point, there isn't a common identity across Britain rather like America. Instead different people cling to different ideals (see the forthcoming street party nonsense in our case)

Shmmee posted a good article on this the other day - people love to compare the UK with the US, but they’re totally different. British national identity/social cohesion isn’t uniform (no country is) but it’s far, far stronger than it is in the US. You’d expect as much in a country that spans an entire continent and is more than 40 times larger than ours!

skybluesam66

heard a reported today, saying guns were only one of the problems the other being

a) The attacker (Fair enough)
b) Those being attacked (WTF they were school children!!)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There was a load of talk about it being a mental health issue too.

Do they not join the dots and think it's probably not a good idea to give people with mental health problems a gun?
To be honest in the U.S. they'd probably treat guns like 'assistance animals'.

"I get nervous around people, so I'm bringing my AR-15 emotional support weapon"

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Also see Trump went off on a 'fuck Ukraine, let's look after our own kiddies. Except for passing laws that would make it much, much harder for this happen, because that's too much."

Grendel

Also see Trump went off on a 'fuck Ukraine, let's look after our own kiddies. Except for passing laws that would make it much, much harder for this happen, because that's too much."

Has sleepy Joe banned guns yet? Or is he still in a coma?

lordy_87

Another one... At a hospital this time... 5 dead, one being the shooter. They don't give a toss do they.

Frostie

God bless America, greatest country in the world etc.

Saddest thing is, there's quite a lot with similar opinions.

jimmyhillsfanclub

2 of the kids at the Texas school shooting recently were decapitated!..... and another was only identifiable by the trainers they were wearing.....

.....such is the force of an automatic assault rifle that the pricks won't ban, raise the age limit from 18 or even have background checks on....yet you have to be 21 to buy a pack of ciggies.....

Backward nation.

stay_up_skyblues

On the same day………Can’t have our teens at risk of taking up vaping, that would be dangerous. Also they won’t have room in their pockets for their device, what with the lethal handgun they’re allowed to carry around with them.

Reactions: AOM

Brighton Sky Blue

On the same day………Can’t have our teens at risk of taking up vaping, that would be dangerous. Also they won’t have room in their pockets for their device, what with the lethal handgun they’re allowed to carry around with them.

That’s the consequence of the Democrats putting zero effort in to obstruct new appointments to the SC in contrast to how the Republicans did it in Obama’s last term.

They’ll be ruling in favour of the right for decades

Users who are viewing this thread