America (1 Viewer)

lordy_87

They are never going to learn are they

xcraigx

Despicable. Innocent young children. Time and time again something as heartbreaking as this occurs and nothing is done to stop it from happening again in the future. I just don't understand.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm seeing this story and it sounds really awful but I have to pinch myself to concentrate and absorb the reality of it. It has happened so many times that it is almost desensitisation in a way. This shit just keeps happening over and over again.

I lived in America a few years back for about six months and had a gun pulled on me twice during that time. Neither situation was remotely appropriate either. Once by the police when when I was the one that had called them, the other by a bouncer at a strip club who picked up on me saying to a mate how weird it was that security had holsters. He thought it was a funny joke.

Guns are just seen as far far too normal. This guy was 18 years old shooting 10 year olds. Why? Fucking disgusting.

stay_up_skyblues

Just the most bizarre place where they have gun counters next to the frozen section in the supermarket. I remember that clear as day from holidaying there as a child.

There is no going back for them is there, even if they wanted to. Ironically gun sales probably go up after this sort of tragedy. Them poor babbies.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

And the same circus will play out again.

Thought and prayers
Too soon to discuss gun control
Few weeks has passed so no need to discuss gun control.

The place is messed up in so many ways. Absolutely obssessed with the rights of money and guns and largely seem to still see women and minorities as second class citizens who should be dictated to by rich, white men.

xcraigx

18 children now confirmed as dead, 3 adults too.

How can an 18 year old be able to purchase two assault weapons? In fact, how can anyone?

Last edited:

xcraigx

Down to 2 adults now, whichever senator was quoting 3 earlier may have been wrong. There does seem to be conflicting reports on whether the shooter killed or critically injured his Grandmother before going into the school. No reports on how many injuries yet, there's very little in the way of official information coming out.

In fact it seems the senator was counting the shooter in with the 3 adult deaths.

rob9872

Why is it almost always a school?

I know all life is important, but always feels worse to me when it's kids.

If I was going on a rampage I'd go after people who have at some time perceived wrongs against me, not innocent fekkin children, heartbreaking.

I can only assume the cowards want the notoriety of a number dead, well aware that kids are unlikely to have a gun to shoot back at them!

robbiekeane

Just the most bizarre place where they have gun counters next to the frozen section in the supermarket. I remember that clear as day from holidaying there as a child.

There is no going back for them is there, even if they wanted to. Ironically gun sales probably go up after this sort of tragedy. Them poor babbies.
The right to bear arms is such an antiquated law from way back when you'd have much of the country with one house every few miles and i'd sure as fuck want to be able to protect my family with a rifle back then too. That was a completely different time.

Unfortunately it's not going to change because its about money and power. The NRA are one of the biggest funders of the republican party and its been drilled into all of the southern and flyover state moron populations that gun control = constraining your freedom of choice = communist = democrats

The sad thing is that deep down the politicians know its the right thing to do too, but it would just lose their control, power and money. So bubba gump will keep getting angry so that republicans can maintain power and stay rich.

Here's the top ten recipients of NRA donations

1653441105411.png

Brighton Sky Blue

The truth is that actually even Republican voters want tighter gun control, even it it’s just a universal background check. But the laws will never pass because the NRA has a financial grip on their politicians and act to block even the slightest move towards more regulation. It’s one of the areas where it’s pretty much just Republicans taking the backhanders and donations.

At schools over here we have fire drills, over there they and the children have drills and training in how to react to a mass shooter coming on site. With this shooting and the one in Buffalo recently the shooter himself wasn’t even 20. That I find especially terrifying.

Brighton Sky Blue

Have seen a lot of praise for the ‘good guy with a gun’, which is all well and good, but 21 people were already dead by the time he could intervene. The shooter always has the advantage of pre planning, surprise and having a powerful rapid firing weapon.

RegiswasGod

schools over here we have fire drills, over there they and the children have drills and training in how to react to a mass shooter coming on site. With this shooting and the one in Buffalo recently the shooter himself wasn’t even 20. That I find especially terrifying.

Sadly, our schools are now following suit and are also having those drills too. Well secondary schools are, anyway. Not primary

Brighton Sky Blue

Sadly, our schools are now following suit and are also having those drills too. Well secondary schools are, anyway. Not primary

We haven’t had one yet, though there is a policy for ‘on site intruders’. Over there it is very much embedded into them like a fire drill.

RegiswasGod

We haven’t had one yet, though there is a policy for ‘on site intruders’. Over there it is very much embedded into them like a fire drill.
My daughters secondary school had one last week. Lockdown alarm. Doors all have to be locked, they get under the tables. It's so sad. Those poor kids over in the States need the government to take better care of them.

SBT

The country is dying a slow death. I’m just so glad I left when I did. I’m convinced it will see some kind of democratic catastrophe in my lifetime. Right now the entire country is being held hostage by a Senate that is wildly powerful and equally unrepresentative - it makes the Rotten Boroughs of the 19th century look like a beacon of democracy. A government that is too paralysed to act in the face of repeated disaster - even when one party controls the House, the Senate and the presidency - isn’t one that can last very long.

TomRad85

Nothing is gonna happen over there boys, its pointless discussing it. Fact of the matter is if I lived in the states I'm telling you now that I'd want a gun as they are already in the hands of far too many lunatics who would never give them up.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SBT

Nothing is gonna happen over there boys, its pointless discussing it. Fact of the matter is if I lived in the states I'm telling you now that I'd want a gun as they are already in the hands of far too many lunatics who would never give them up.

Miraculously I survived nearly a decade in the States without a gun. Not having one in my house also seriously reduced the risk of some clown (likely me) accidentally using it on myself or one of my loved ones either.

The mentality you’ve just described is what’s killing the country.

clint van damme

The right to bear arms is such an antiquated law from way back when you'd have much of the country with one house every few miles and i'd sure as fuck want to be able to protect my family with a rifle back then too. That was a completely different time.

Unfortunately it's not going to change because its about money and power. The NRA are one of the biggest funders of the republican party and its been drilled into all of the southern and flyover state moron populations that gun control = constraining your freedom of choice = communist = democrats

The sad thing is that deep down the politicians know its the right thing to do too, but it would just lose their control, power and money. So bubba gump will keep getting angry so that republicans can maintain power and stay rich.

Here's the top ten recipients of NRA donations

View attachment 24834

Are you still in the states?

TomRad85

Miraculously I survived nearly a decade in the States without a gun. Not having one in my house also seriously reduced the risk of some clown (likely me) accidentally using it on myself or one of my loved ones either.

The mentality you’ve just described is what’s killing the country.
Well I'm not moving there, so you don't have to worry. But if someone forced me to move to that shit hole that's exactly what I'd do.

David O'Day

Most Americans be they Democrats, Republicans or Independents want universal background checks but sadly elected republicans are so in sway to the NRA that fuck all will happen yet a fucking again.

If there is a hell below then Wayne La Pierre is sure to go

Users who are viewing this thread