Ah the JOY of it.......Joy Seppalla talks (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Oakey similar thing for me. I went to every round, wasn't a ST holder at the time, queued but couldn't get a ticket. In the end I bought one from a bloke down the pub. Cost me £45. That must be a hell if a lot in today's money.

cloughie

I won'be losing much sleep over that brighton. Pathetic drivel in your eyes? Don't speak about your boyfreind like that

although you have little credability this statement shows you are pathetic and don't answer questions or comments that you know are fact which oppose your sisu veiw

cloughie

In 1987 I went to the 3 rounds before the cup final and every home game. I didn't have a season ticket.
When we reached the final the club promised Wembley tickets to all who bought a season ticket for the following season OR you could collect vouchers and queue for what was left.
So, everyone I know said, < you haven't got that sort of money for a season ticket. You've been to every match, the club will make sure there are enough left. Don't give them money you don't have etc >
You can guess the rest, I was left with no ticket, no cup final, despite 15 years support then and 25 more since.

The moral is:
support your club while you still can & don't let anyone persuade you to wait for better times. Follow your heart and buy a season ticket.

I went every game for years and that season but wasn't a season ticket holder also went to every cup game home and away yet near the end we all had a chance to buy a last few games "season ticket" which guaranteed us a cup final ticket stop moaning and stop believing the sisu bullshit

J

Jack Griffin

Everybody knows ideally the club and stadium should be one - but we need to deal with the realities not just demand that the football club should own it.

I don't agree, ideally the stadium should be run independantly of the club as a local entertainment/hospitality venue as a not for profit venture invesing in the community.

But ideally the club should have some interest in this & get revenues from their association to offset the rent they have to pay both of which should go up in the good times & fall in the bad.

Wrenstreetcarpark

I don't agree, ideally the stadium should be run independantly of the club as a local entertainment/hospitality venue as a not for profit venture invesing in the community.

But ideally the club should have some interest in this & get revenues from their association to offset the rent they have to pay both of which should go up in the good times & fall in the bad.

What crap. What bollocks. Run a not for profit place and give the club some of the profit that you haven't made because its not for profit. what a wanker.

Grendel

A shame its taken League 1 football to get Miss Seppalla to talk to the fans.

Or not as the case may be. A spin doctor on her behalf I think.

Astute

Has anyone got any proof she spoke to our fans? Was it just printed on a piece of paper? Was it on headed paper if so?

Grendel

Has anyone got any proof she spoke to our fans? Was it just printed on a piece of paper? Was it on headed paper if so?

She didn't its an e-mail communication with the ace journalist Alan Poole. :facepalm:

oakey

I went every game for years and that season but wasn't a season ticket holder also went to every cup game home and away yet near the end we all had a chance to buy a last few games "season ticket" which guaranteed us a cup final ticket stop moaning and stop believing the sisu bullshit
Your memory has let you down.
We were given a green voucher to fill in personal details and had to attach the last 4 home match tickets + 2 cup tickets. I still have them with rusty paperclip. We then had to queue for remaining tickets after they the club had handed armloads to all the prawn sandwich brigade and assorted hangers on. They then sold the rest the day before they were due on sale because of the queues. I was at work that day and couldn't queue for 48 hours and all my family were at work or elderly.

Like to know where all those who jumped on the bandwagon and went to Wembley are now.

Last edited:

cloughie

Your memory has let you down.
We were given a green voucher to fill in personal details and had to attach the last 4 home match tickets + 2 cup tickets. I still have them with rusty paperclip. We then had to queue for remaining tickets after they the club had handed armloads to all the prawn sandwich brigade and assorted hangers on. They then sold them the day before they were due on sale because of the queues. I was at work that day and couldn't queue for 48 hours and all my family were at work or elderly.

Like to know where all those who jumped on the bandwagon and went to Wembley are now.

Sounds a familiar senario regarding cup tickets you maybe right and have to agree the bandwaggoners soon departed with the stolen memories of the true supporters who didn't make the final

Grendel

They were last seen at home to Chelsea in the F A Cup and before that 10,000 were found one night at Old Trafford.

win9nut

Bottom line and this has always been the case.... both the council and charity have been open to discussions from day1. There are however certain criteria.

1) a viable and sustainable business plan for the football club
2) a stakeholder that is able to invest in further development of the site

Meet that and we could be getting somewhere. Yes the stadium is important to CCFC in terms of income but the Stadium and its future well being is also key to the development of a huge area of the city and simply can not be given away to a business with by anyone's standards a terrible track record.

The council and Charity took a leap of faith years ago, backed a brighter future for the football club in building the stadium. Both could have spent that money in other needy areas of our city. That faith has been let down once again with the club in financial turmoil yet again. But it is all the councils fault? all the charity fault ?and they should put themselves at risk of financial loss to help a club that until very recently has singularly failed to grasp simple financial realities?. The financial mess at CCFC is very largely of their own making, until they deal with that in a clear and sustained way why would any one take them at their word. It is all very well spouting about living within means, cutting cloth accordingly - do it!

Completely agree OSB... Just some thoughts to throw out there...

1. I think that SISU need to publish their plan to achieve sustainability and future growth for CCFC (if there is one)

2. I also think that they should agree with the council that the purchase of the stadium/ACL should be allowed (as in not vetoed) upon the completion of developments in the area on a piecemeal basis, whilst maintaining financial stability (not building up too much debt for CCFC). Remember that investing in the area will also earn money, which can help to achieve sustainability and negate the effect of the Financial Fair Play rules. As an example, look at Arsenal, making millions in profit each year, because 1. Wenger doesn't buy many players and 2. they own loads of property...

Coventry City Council in the meantime should insist that it is written into a contract that no other mortgages or loans can be secured on any part of the stadium in order to protect CCFC from Financial Sharks in future.

Your thoughts?

dongonzalos

Just more bullshit from SISU trying to sell season tickets for next season.
I have decided that my season ticket money for mine,my wife and my daughters will stay firmly in my bank account ,until the time they either leave or this public bullshiting actually comes to something.

Its very coincidental they speak now, just when they expect the fans to be buying there season tickets, they are treating us as mugs,everyone of us, they think we will believe absolutely anything they say. This waffle means nothing, and they should hang there heads in shame for the way they have treated the fans.

The Rev

sounds like common sence to me. If everyone dud the same. They would realise they have to provide a budget in order to sell season tickets. You save your money and only spend it when you know the product you are buying. The early saver could end up a very expensive mistake. Pay a bit more when you know what is on the table.

wingy

SO HERE WE ARE FULL CIRCLE SEVEN MONTHS ON AND ITS ALL PLAYED OUT THIS IS MAY1st ,NOT APRIL!!!
09-09-2011#1

wingy
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message
  • email.png
    Send Email
user-online.png

CCFC Manager
Join DateJul 2011Posts2,174
261 Like Received In 192 Posts

icon1.png
What is the sisu masterplan

09-09-2011#1wingy
user-online.png

CCFC Manager
Join DateJul 2011Posts2,174
261 Like Received In 192 Posts

icon1.png
What is the sisu masterplan

What with their reputation for playing hardball, just wondered if they may take us to the precipise,with the intention of putting pressure on all the other stakeholders,ie:-A.C.L,Higgs,Council,with pressure on these coming from other stakeholders,Compass group,sponsors etc,not withstanding the fans,there was a small campaign involving around 80 against the council prior to the takeover. Would the prospect of admin,liquidation,set the alarm bells ringing enough to gain favour with the apparently reluctant parties involved to buckle and recognise that without the club as the fulcrum,the entire complex is kind of useless.In all my readings of this organisation,it seems their standout feature is their brinkmanship.With their 30 million losses to now ,seemingly impossible to recoup,what a gain the stadium would represent if this domsday scenario evolved.Before everyone says what about the football,they know they cant affect much,there is no investment available for that side,i would imagine it would be forthcoming for the real estate.This is about exit strategy, not running a football club.
thinking%20about.gif

TRANSPARENCY IS WHAT WE'VE BEEN ASKING FOR ITS POSSIBLE TO SEE RIGHT THROUGH THEM

Last edited:

mattylad

I still believe the theory if they got the stadium would be to remortgage it to the hilt, pay off the investors and then sell the club for peanuts. it's the only way out without a premier league promotion.

torchomatic

Really is makes no difference. SISU have no money to keep us going. Hoffman has no money to buy us out. We've been relegated, in a stadium we can't afford to play in with a dwindling fan base.

J

Jack Griffin

What crap. What bollocks. Run a not for profit place and give the club some of the profit that you haven't made because its not for profit. what a wanker.

Thanks for that unreasoned & unthinking conclusion, laced with a childish insult.

I think you'll find what I speculated is more or les what they will do. The Tory council leader is making noises already.

Just in case you ain't got it, when I say not-for-profit I mean like it is already with the whatever money is made in excess of the loan repayments being ploughed back iknto the stadium development & infrastructure. So essentially no change there.

The key thing I feel is DON'T HAND THE STADIUM TO THE CLUB, ONE DAY THEY'LL F**K IT UP AS SURE AS EGGS IS EGGS.

wingy

Seperate the pitch out from the rest of the complex, whoever has the funds or nouse to fund it should then be made to sign it over to fans trust ,never to be sold or mortgaged,this element has been encouraged in culture committee report< ,where councils should assist fans to buy back stadiums the owners have sold or lost

TheUKGryphon

I read the offending article on the CCFC website. Sep(tic)palla is merely waffling out the same old SISU scripted crapolla that's kept our heads in our toilets all season. Unless any of you know any billionaire Arab/Russian oil moguls, then we're well and truly going down the gurgler. There will be no takeover, (we're more likely to get Hasselhoff than Hoffman), There will be no more investment from SISU, (They can't even pay the rent let alone buy the stadium or quality PERMANENT CONTRACTED players). We won't get a break from the council, (Have you ever been 5 days late on your council tax?). We are destined to become another casualty of big business KILLING sport and assigned to the 'remember them' section of footballs history books.

I know my post sounds like a pi$$take, but I truly am crying inside. Maybe it's time for a fans to consider forming a phoenix club before we've got nothing left but memories. Play Up A.F.C Coventry Phoenix Athletic United Wanderers. (nice ring to it don't you think?)

To all at SISU, I hope your next poo is a hedgehog!

Users who are viewing this thread