Zain (1 Viewer)

steveo1987

Looks to be surplus at the Gas..Salary too high and sub standard.Looked decent with us but looked to chase the money, shame .

Londonccfcfan

Think he was and is a good technical player was influential initially in the year we won league 1. Really surprised he hasn't established himself at that level. Always seemed a bit lightweight and didn't really want to boot in. It's probably finding the right fit inbthe right team.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I'd expect he'll find another club, probably Rovers looking to free up wages as opposed to him not being up to standard. From what i can see he scored 2 and got 6 assists in a poor team so you'd think he would get offers from lower L1 clubs potentially

SlowerThanPlatt

Yeah were a few rumours there had been a falling out.

Don’t know if it had something to do with it but there were articles clearly from his agent saying Leeds and WBA were interested in him when he wasn’t getting in our team in League 1…

Hertsccfc

Looks to be surplus at the Gas..Salary too high and sub standard.Looked decent with us but looked to chase the money, shame .
I was fairly sure he was disappointed not to get a contract with us and went to Bristol Rovers because we didn't offer him anything

better days

Yeah were a few rumours there had been a falling out.

Don’t know if it had something to do with it but there were articles clearly from his agent saying Leeds and WBA were interested in him when he wasn’t getting in our team in League 1…
There was a big row
Think his girlfriend was involved as well as his agent
Don't know the full details but sad really as he was the blue eyed boy at one point

Skybluebeliever

There was a big row
Don't know the full details but sad really as he was the blue eyed boy at one point
There was a offer made but then withdrawn his agent had been holding out for a better terms , the club felt they could bring in better suited players for the championship and zane was a casualty of that , I think what we know now, he could have done a better job than some of those brought in , a lot of the players were sad to see him leave

SlowerThanPlatt

There was a offer made but then withdrawn his agent had been holding out for a better terms , the club felt they could bring in better suited players for the championship and zane was a casualty of that , I think what we know now, he could have done a better job than some of those brought in , a lot of the players were sad to see him leave

Than which players signed, Hilssner?

fernandopartridge

He's not anywhere near the level of Hamer, Sheaf or O'Hare

pusbccfc

Always looked tidy but a little soft. When the going got tough, he hid away.

He'll get another League 1 club.

higgs

I rated him. Surprised it’s not worked out for him. Genuinely think he could do a job for us now as backup from what I remember seeing of him.
In the championship?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

He did well with us but I thought he never really fit the system.

We wasn't good enough at getting beyond the strikers or playing them through balls to work in the attacking 2 and wasn't strong enough in the tackle or read the game quick enough to play in the defensive two.

Thought he'd be best in a traditional 442 where he has someone next to him to do the dirty work and wingers to get the ball forward.

Torquay Sky Blue

He did well with us but I thought he never really fit the system.

We wasn't good enough at getting beyond the strikers or playing them through balls to work in the attacking 2 and wasn't strong enough in the tackle or read the game quick enough to play in the defensive two.

Thought he'd be best in a traditional 442 where he has someone next to him to do the dirty work and wingers to get the ball forward.
A lot of negatives in there. I remember the Rangers friendly , perhaps I was a little harsh but honestly thought he was nowhere near this team.

robbiekeane

All I remember about him was that he bottled every single challenge he went into, every 50:50. Scared of getting hurt

pipkin73

Needs a passing team to sign him. He can be a quality player but everything needs to be his way. Will only ever be a quality type player never a ball winner or even a battler. Give him the right team with the style to play he will look amazing and everyone will want him back, but he will never be both at least not to the standard we now need.

Blind-Faith

Always rated him, as someone else mentioned , I’d still have him now as a back up option in midfield.

He’s not the big tackling midfielder, that’s not his game, but he has good quality on the ball.

NorthernWisdom

He was vastly inferior to Bayliss, who struggles for a place in a poor Preston team. Was worse than Shipley, who's generally seen as being a level beyond him. Why oh why oh why would he be good enough for us now?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

He was vastly inferior to Bayliss, who struggles for a place in a poor Preston team. Was worse than Shipley, who's generally seen as being a level beyond him. Why oh why oh why would he be good enough for us now?

Get what you’re saying but disagree on the Shipley front. I much preferred Zain in the team to Shipley. Very different players mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esoterica

Reminds me of Lameiras in a lot of ways. Neat and tidy technical player but needs a team built round him or at least playing a quite specific way. It's a bit of a catch 22 situation for players like that. Not got the physical attributes to compete in the Championship but then the further down the pyramid you go, the less likely he is to find good footballing sides in which he'd thrive.

Offhegoes

Think we have a definite upgrade in Sheaf, who can pass the ball but also has some grit. As someone else said above, in the right team, and role he could probably play in the Championship (certainly League 1) but how many all out passing teams are there in these 2 leagues?

cooperskyblue

I thought he was a passenger in a lot of games for us, but because we were playing some very poor opposition we could start him and then bring him off for O'Hare/Biamou when we needed to win the game.

For me the fact in that crucial run of games where we played Rotherham, Sunderland and Ipswich he made 1 sub appearance for a handful of minutes and wasn't used at all in the other 2 speaks volumes.

We have moved on and have much better players than him now in the squad and we didn't miss him last year either.

I hope he can establish himself again but I wasn't surprised that he didn't pull up any trees at Bristol.

rob9872

Some decent attributes but a bit lightweight and we have better options now. Always like to see ex players do well apart from v us so hope he gets a move or turns it around but think L1 is his ceiling.

Grendel

There was a big row

I think it’s his ex girlfriend now and I think she was an interesting character

Users who are viewing this thread