Your team and tactics for today (1 Viewer)

speedie87

If I was in charge today this is what you'd be seeing up the Ricoh.

Allsop
Clarke Willis Hines Pugh
Thomas fleck obrien
Jackson nouble mcquoid

Evo1883

Alsop
willis. Hines . Webster .. Pugh

obrien. Thomas Fleck. Haynes
Nouble. Jackson

stupot07

Allsop

Clarke Hines Webster Haynes

Thomas fleck

Coubily o'brien Jackson

Nouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlueScottie

OK, what if Crawley play 451? Giving them an extra couple of men in the middle of the park? Bear in mind we have been using 352 for a while how easy do you think it would be to switch to a 433, allowing them to play to level which would give us a chance of beating another team?

mrtrench

My tactics would be to run really fast with the ball and dodge people. Then kick it really really hard into the very corner of the goal whilst feigning to kick it in a different place. I would encourage the team to do this over and over again.
I would also play Jordan Clarke in attack - nowhere near our goal as there is a contingent that expects him to score 3 own goals every time we play. This way it minimises that risk.

stupot07

OK, what if Crawley play 451? Giving them an extra couple of men in the middle of the park? Bear in mind we have been using 352 for a while how easy do you think it would be to switch to a 433, allowing them to play to level which would give us a chance of beating another team?

I don't think it would be easy at all, at least playing 433 we are used to having 3 in centre midfield. That's where it fell down last week, present on played 4231 so matched us in midfield, pushed their wide players up pinning our wingbacks back, and leaving out 3 centre backs marking 1 player!!

Having thought about the 352 formation, neither reda, Willis or Webster can particularly step up into midfield when needed and carry the ball out. Hines looks like he can to that, I wonder whether it would work better with Clarke dropping back to centre back too? Then you'd have 2 players capable of stepping up and building. From the back when needed. Play phillips on the right. Just a though if Pressley wants to continue with that formation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

My team talk would be;

'Go out all guns blazing, don't stop running until your drop and give me 110% minimum. Let's all put in a shift and don't worry if we are a goal down at the break, cos football is a funny old game.

Remember, Frank Nouble is good with his feet for a big lad and at the end of the day it's a game of two halves. Let's go out and do this for the supporters.'

Otis

My team talk would be;

'Go out all guns blazing, don't stop running until your drop and give me 110% minimum. Let's all put in a shift and don't worry if we are a goal down at the break, cos football is a funny old game.

Remember, Frank Nouble is good with his feet for a big lad and at the end of the day it's a game of two halves. Let's go out and do this for the supporters.'

Meant to add, I got that team talk from Gael Cliché.

LJC_CCFC

Pressley said yesterday he was sticking with the 5-3-2.

I go with:

Allsop/Burge (Toss a coin)

Phillips Hines Willis Pugh

Fleck

O'Brien Coulibaly

McQuoid

Jackson Nouble

4-1-2-1-2 Wide. I'd settle for 4-4-2 tbh

Last edited:

coop

I like your team stupot I think Coubily should get a start . Although I would play burge instead of allsop as I tjink he is terrible.

stupot07

My team talk would be;

You forgot to tell the team to make sure they score at least one more goal than the opposition... ;)

Otis

I would like to see this (or at least give it a go)

Allsop

Clarke Johnson Willis Pugh

O'Brien Fleck Thomas/Finch Haynes

Jackson Nouble

Play O'Brien out wide right and push Haynes into wide left midfield. With Pugh behind him it should mean him having more licence to go forwards to supply the crosses we know he is capable of.

Think that still looks a very strong defensive team, but also gives us the width down the flanks.

Users who are viewing this thread