Your Portfolio (3 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 4439

Will do some research.

Meanwhile, I've put $25 each into ethereum, ada and moita, and haven't the scoobodoo what I've bought. Maybe I'll take a peak in 10 years' time to see if I have $0, enough for a coffee or enough for a car.

robbiekeane

Interesting
Not directly related, but im a massive revolut convert now. I used to be all about Monzo but since moving to the US, I can now manage pretty much all my finances in both the US and UK through Revolut. I can convert money to sterling at market rate with no fee AND send it to a UK account within about 30 minutes. Sounds really simple but it's the only account that does that. The user interface and the customer service isn't as good as Monzo but over this side of the pond the capability alone makes it worthwhile.

Going to make the jump to get paid directly into it i think soon...HSBC in the US is poo

shmmeee

Not directly related, but im a massive revolut convert now. I used to be all about Monzo but since moving to the US, I can now manage pretty much all my finances in both the US and UK through Revolut. I can convert money to sterling at market rate with no fee AND send it to a UK account within about 30 minutes. Sounds really simple but it's the only account that does that. The user interface and the customer service isn't as good as Monzo but over this side of the pond the capability alone makes it worthwhile.

Going to make the jump to get paid directly into it i think soon...HSBC in the US is poo

I signed up for this, but have already got my daughter a Junior account. It’s everything I want from a banking app. Just wish it had tighter integration with my Barclays account but that’s not their fault.

D

Deleted member 4439

Tried signing up for Revoult, couldn't as they want a driving licence with a photo ID - I only have a paper one.

GME@90

D

Deleted member 4439

Well, I've now added $25's worth of DASH. Not the foggiest what it is, but it said cryto.

I must be smart though, as I'm $33.45 up on my cryto portfolio.

D

Deleted member 4439

Yep, will look with interest, but the same comments apply as for any of these type of floats, watch for the opening day spike and the possible decline until initial additional placings have been made and peeps have had an opp to get a measure of its value

shmmeee

shmmeee

In with 1k on eToro. Any recommendations anyone?

Buy whatever I’m selling, short whatever I’m buying.

My hot streak continued with GME + is where I bought in 😂😂

OK it wasn’t a serious investment but I’m starting to take this personally.

8A36F99D-9AEC-4C81-8816-B337773ACEFB.jpeg

D

Deleted member 4439

GME gems from etoro's feed today

I swear this is a joke , im losing 1k and still losing more every day wtf is happening can someone help me ?

I started following yesterday but I’m a bit unsure as to the stop loss I’ve set, I set at 5% on t he understanding that it’s the minimum I can set as I don’t want any stop loss, have I done this right or should I have set at 95%? Seems different to normal stop losses on trades. [doesn't realise that he's not buying a share but is spread betting/buying a cfd]

Life is rigged. It’s crazy. I grew up thinking if you worked hard you could truly achieve anything, but that was one of the coldest lies I’ve ever been told. Nobody gives a damn about me. [Millenial victim]

All my aquired profits are gone. Guess I was one of the stupid ones that held, please give me some real evidence this will go up otherwise im done, i only continued to hold because DFV did and now I stand on the precipiece of losing all of my investments to naught...

I seriously don't see the point in selling , put 2300 or something in and lost 1700.. its just worth a memory for life

this is just virtual price, no real share movement [WTF?]

And, yes, I know there's a german word to describe this posting. I honestly don't like to see folks losing - I just dislike the bullshit narrative that's driven this stock up.

edit - love this one " I am buying every 10% drop! opened 4 new positions today! HOLD and buy the dip! " --- Smart

Last edited by a moderator:

shmmeee

Sorry but if you went in and bet the farm on GME you’re a fucking moron. Right from the start it was a YOLO bet, there’s posts all over WSB saying “not investment sub, for bets”. Every single poster was saying “don’t bet what you can’t lose”

People are dumb if they put serious cash in. DFV cashed out for $14m a while ago and bought at like $0.2 so of course he’s fucking holding.

Jesus.

That doesn’t change the fact that some seriously dodgy shit has gone on with this stock and the limits and FUD they’ve put out about it.

Mr Panda

Does anyone have a two accounts?

I have an account with Hargreaves Lansdown, an ISA where it's all funds at the minute.

Going to start dabbling in individual stocks soon. Is it worth having a seperate account set up with Trading212 for example to avoid the trading fee? Obviously can't double up on ISAs but Hargreaves cost to deal stock is something like £14.

D

Deleted member 4439

I have an account with Hargreaves Lansdown, an ISA where it's all funds at the minute.

Going to start dabbling in individual stocks soon. Is it worth having a seperate account set up with Trading212 for example to avoid the trading fee? Obviously can't double up on ISAs but Hargreaves cost to deal stock is something like £14.

HL are one of the more expensive, though simply comparing trade tariffs is not always straightforward and transparent, as platforms can carry hidden costs such as small variation in the quote prices for shares, and in the case of international shares then different exchange conversion rates are involved. In fact, Robinhood had to pay a considerable fine for having agreements in place with 'preferred brokers', for which they got kickbacks.

Remember, also, not all platforms charge you an additional flat fee on your funds, as HL do.

That said, I'm okay with stumping up the costs for the interface and service. I now have an etoro account, which I opened up for cypto, and may re-open an IG account, for exposure to the Canadian market, which I miss.

It's actually £12 on HL as low-frequency trader, falling to £6, and which I think gets to the nub of the question here, do you see yourself as opening up long term positions, rather than more frequent trading. And how many shares and of what size stake (as obs, the higher the stake, the lower the transaction costs relatively).

So in short, if you see yourself as doing multiple stakes, with some frequency and with lowish stakes, then it would make sense to use a 'non-commission' platform.

Sbarcher

£11.95/deal

D

Deleted member 4439

Okay, so 11.95 and 5.95. Getting a bit GME if we're now clutching at pennies.

Marty

Sorry but if you went in and bet the farm on GME you’re a fucking moron. Right from the start it was a YOLO bet, there’s posts all over WSB saying “not investment sub, for bets”. Every single poster was saying “don’t bet what you can’t lose”

People are dumb if they put serious cash in. DFV cashed out for $14m a while ago and bought at like $0.2 so of course he’s fucking holding.

Jesus.

That doesn’t change the fact that some seriously dodgy shit has gone on with this stock and the limits and FUD they’ve put out about it.

Without looking too much into it, was it the classic 'pump and dump'?

Blind-Faith

Guy at work was going on about revolut today. So I’ve downloaded it tonight, bought 5 dollars worth of shares in macdonalds , Amazon and Pfizer. Not much idea what I’m doing to be honest, but looking forward to waking up with a few million in the bank 😉

D

Deleted member 4439

Without looking too much into it, was it the classic 'pump and dump'?

No, and yes, in that those that got in early did it for sound, profitable reasons. Others jumped in when they caught on, and a certain narrative got introduced along the way.

Just like the narrative "they're drilling for a shedload of oil and the share is cheap as chips, so get rich" - without talking about the small CoS and the fact that the SP isn't in fact backed up by any cash or decent assets - it was "this is a chance to get our own back on the boomers, and get rich" - without taking into account that the technical position had no chance of being indefinitely sustained and that fact that as many boomers, if not more, were profiting either by 'shorting the longs squeezing the shorts" or because they could convert a load of debt for equity, and so cash.

And when you add to the mix that a lot of the little guys were buying spread bets rather than shares, then they got f**k twice, three and four times over.

Marty

No, and yes, in that those that got in early did it for sound, profitable reasons. Others jumped in when they caught on, and a certain narrative got introduced along the way.

Just like the narrative "they're drilling for a shedload of oil and the share is cheap as chips, so get rich" - without talking about the small CoS and the fact that the SP isn't in fact backed up by any cash or decent assets - it was "this is a chance to get our own back on the boomers, and get rich" - without taking into account that the technical position had no chance of being indefinitely sustained and that fact that as many boomers, if not more, were profiting either by 'shorting the longs squeezing the shorts" or because they could convert a load of debt for equity, and so cash.

And when you add to the mix that a lot of the little guys were buying spread bets rather than shares, then they got f**k twice, three and four times over.

When I first started investing, I was given a great bit of advice and it's always stuck with me, When the Postman is giving you investment advice about a specific company, it's time to sell. I'm sure a lot got their fingers burnt with this and put them off for life, I just hope it wasn't too much and they're able to recover.

Mr Panda

HL are one of the more expensive, though simply comparing trade tariffs is not always straightforward and transparent, as platforms can carry hidden costs such as small variation in the quote prices for shares, and in the case of international shares then different exchange conversion rates are involved. In fact, Robinhood had to pay a considerable fine for having agreements in place with 'preferred brokers', for which they got kickbacks.

Remember, also, not all platforms charge you an additional flat fee on your funds, as HL do.

That said, I'm okay with stumping up the costs for the interface and service. I now have an etoro account, which I opened up for cypto, and may re-open an IG account, for exposure to the Canadian market, which I miss.

It's actually £12 on HL as low-frequency trader, falling to £6, and which I think gets to the nub of the question here, do you see yourself as opening up long term positions, rather than more frequent trading. And how many shares and of what size stake (as obs, the higher the stake, the lower the transaction costs relatively).

So in short, if you see yourself as doing multiple stakes, with some frequency and with lowish stakes, then it would make sense to use a 'non-commission' platform.

Thanks, that's helpful!

Greggs

quick question, i could probably ask google, but i thought to interact on here! These brokers you are using 'etoro' and 'revoult' i understand there are a few similar about. My question is, are you setting up an ISA within these brokers? Is that standard with these no/low trading fee sites? I only ask as regarding capital gains tax - i know they are exempt under ISA's.

Users who are viewing this thread