Your Portfolio (1 Viewer)

win9nut

Hi all,

Since lockdown started, I've been dropping all the money I've been saving on fuel and beer into a Trading 212 account.

I only have positions in four companies at the moment:

WPP (Marketing Company) was my first pick as I saw that they dropped their dividend for this year and the price went through the floor.
Average price 509p (currently +26.3%) - Plan to hold

Then I bought into Evraz at 244p (currently +41.8%) - Plan to hold

Meanwhile, with the left over funds that couldn't buy whole shares, I rounded up slightly and bought into IAG (very risky!) Average price I'm in at is 197p. I'll let you know if this pays off, but its currently +9.9%, there will be a lot of volatility in this!

My last investment is in Amazon, purely for the growth, not a big amount (you can buy part shares on Trading 212). I got in at $2594, it's currently at £3151 (+14.3%) - Plan to hold

Great thing about Trading 212 is that there are no trading fees. They make their money by skimming slightly on the trading prices, and there is a fee for currency exchange.

Overall in my pot I'm +22.5%, and I'm pleased that the beer money is going towards something that will actually be productive in future!

Looking for my next investment, I want to diversify the pot a little further, so will have a think about where next. Thinking maybe Occidental Petroleum... We'll see...

Greggs

The markets have been nice the last few days - on the back of vacine news. A few Covid plays looking nice. Great news on Biden win and the impending legislation of cannabis (has seen my CGC shoot 30-40%).

A few watchlists on here.....i think someone had Greggs and Cineworld, thats looking great. Is @Marty on EasyJet or BA?

Good luck all

Greggs

Hi all,

Since lockdown started, I've been dropping all the money I've been saving on fuel and beer into a Trading 212 account.

I only have positions in four companies at the moment:

WPP (Marketing Company) was my first pick as I saw that they dropped their dividend for this year and the price went through the floor.
Average price 509p (currently +26.3%) - Plan to hold

Then I bought into Evraz at 244p (currently +41.8%) - Plan to hold

Meanwhile, with the left over funds that couldn't buy whole shares, I rounded up slightly and bought into IAG (very risky!) Average price I'm in at is 197p. I'll let you know if this pays off, but its currently +9.9%, there will be a lot of volatility in this!

My last investment is in Amazon, purely for the growth, not a big amount (you can buy part shares on Trading 212). I got in at $2594, it's currently at £3151 (+14.3%) - Plan to hold

Great thing about Trading 212 is that there are no trading fees. They make their money by skimming slightly on the trading prices, and there is a fee for currency exchange.

Overall in my pot I'm +22.5%, and I'm pleased that the beer money is going towards something that will actually be productive in future!

Looking for my next investment, I want to diversify the pot a little further, so will have a think about where next. Thinking maybe Occidental Petroleum... We'll see...
I've heard rumours of an Amazon split, will see it rocket imo

Covstu

The markets have been nice the last few days - on the back of vacine news. A few Covid plays looking nice. Great news on Biden win and the impending legislation of cannabis (has seen my CGC shoot 30-40%).

A few watchlists on here.....i think someone had Greggs and Cineworld, thats looking great. Is @Marty on EasyJet or BA?

Good luck all
Yes seen a lot of mine gathering pace. De la rue is up 20%

skyblue1991

Well you've convinced me to sign up!

£50 a week on an adventurous level Stock and Shares ISA

Look forward to monitoring the results!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
It's been about 5 months. Same settings with roundups and I now have just over £1400, currently up 5%.

Guessing in the current market 5% earnings is good?

Greggs

It's been about 5 months. Same settings with roundups and I now have just over £1400, currently up 5%.

Guessing in the current market 5% earnings is good?

Well done mate. Markets have been so volatile, you can lose a fortune trying to chase a buck. Sounds like you're running a steady ship!

skyblue1991

Well done mate. Markets have been so volatile, you can lose a fortune trying to chase a buck. Sounds like you're running a steady ship!
Thanks fella. Not going to tweak anything as the £50 + round up a week is a bonus to what I am already saving.

I'm pretty new to all this, previous savings just relied on the banks interest rate. I think 5% is good (there were times when it dropped below 0% but not often!) , however could there be potential of it rising past 10%?

Greggs

Thanks fella. Not going to tweak anything as the £50 + round up a week is a bonus to what I am already saving.

I'm pretty new to all this, previous savings just relied on the banks interest rate. I think 5% is good (there were times when it dropped below 0% but not often!) , however could there be potential of it rising past 10%?

5-10% annually is fantastic! I'm a little more high risk and am looking to hit a home run with a stock or two. Keep it up mate. Don't let the banks earn you interest - if anything maybe research a good bank to invest in! Be on their side - earn a nice dividend to re-invest also.

skyblue1991

5-10% annually is fantastic! I'm a little more high risk and am looking to hit a home run with a stock or two. Keep it up mate. Don't let the banks earn you interest - if anything maybe research a good bank to invest in! Be on their side - earn a nice dividend to re-invest also.
What do you look for in an investment? If this evening you had say £1000 to invest, what would you look got, what tools and why? I saw examples of Cineworld, why is that potentially a good investment?

Greggs

What do you look for in an investment? If this evening you had say £1000 to invest, what would you look got, what tools and why? I saw examples of Cineworld, why is that potentially a good investment?

Personally i only invest in industries i understand and am passionate about. That way it makes it easier to ascertain if the service they are providing is up to and above standard. Does that make sense?

Greggs

Cineworld is a Covid play, share price has dropped multiple % and some investors might lump on it in hope that once COvid is over the SP will rebound. Very risky. I prefer my risk to be in long term growth stocks :)

skyblue1991

Personally i only invest in industries i understand and am passionate about. That way it makes it easier to ascertain if the service they are providing is up to and above standard. Does that make sense?
Yep understood. What are you currently looking at at present?

Greggs

Just added 2k worth of SPCE (Virgin Galactic) to my ISA. Long term play - may be huge in 10 years. Fingers crossed. Good luck all

skybluesam66

What I am amazed by is that i only have holdings via pension schemes, yet the overall value of my pension schemes is now higher than pre-covid
Is the market ready for another realignment ?

Although FTSE is around 15% off, the DOW is at all time highs

Greggs

BIG buying opportunities today. I fucked off Virgin Galactic for a 10% gain - purchased my first Amazon Share. New lockdowns and COVID scares will se money move to the big boys again...

wingy

BIG buying opportunities today. I fucked off Virgin Galactic for a 10% gain - purchased my first Amazon Share. New lockdowns and COVID scares will se money move to the big boys again...
Seems a big drop on the footsie this morning .
Could catch a few late sleeper's out , like me if I had any Lol.

D

Deleted member 4439

Made a few bob here and there since I last commented, though don't have an eye on a particular share to trade at the moment, other than waiting for a coffee commodity ETF to fall off a 3mth high and then go back in again.

However, I thought I'd throw a fund into the pot, which is AXA WF Framlington Robotech. I starting buying this again a couple of months again after selling it a couple of years ago and having missed out on its impressive rise. But it's still looking strong and I keep adding to it every time my profit shows greater than 20%, which seems to be weekly right now. Seems to be a strong theme, still.

Greggs

Pre markets in Us are crazy, Tesla down 6%....Apple and Amazon holding strong. Good luck all

Great_Expectations

Always fancied getting into this sort of stuff, but never found the time and other things took priority.

Anyway, I have a little bit I could play with without the other half realising.

Any hints/tips/recommendations where I could put it today?

wingy

Always fancied getting into this sort of stuff, but never found the time and other things took priority. Oct

Ah my old grandad had a secret cache largely to play on the geegees.
He was a shrewd old boy had a limit of£5 for my nan to run the house on .

Greggs

Always fancied getting into this sort of stuff, but never found the time and other things took priority.

In my opinion, Apple is a wonderful long term investment still, it's poised for massive growth and a HUGE next quarter.

Sbarcher

I got heavily into Ceres Power in August with the huge interest in hydrogen.
Today it broke through £12 to give me a gain of 250%. Still further to go I hope.

Greggs

What makes you assume this Gregg's ?
Investing in high risk and not sleeping at night......learning that when I'm most invested in apple I sleep well!! Rumours of move to EV for Apple today too, big news!

Greggs

What makes you assume this Gregg's ?
And they are at the beginning of a new 'super cycle' iPhone 12 and am new iMacs and gadgets, 5g stuff. All released in Nov, Xmas sales be huge. I got my Mrs at watch at £260 - lovely bit of kit

Users who are viewing this thread