Your Portfolio

Adge

Jun 26, 2015
Still not got all the details but they’re talking about £6k+ on target, which according to Google I’d only see just over £3k of as it would be paid in one lump sum in my pay packet.

I just know as I’m PAYE if I do nothing they’ll do that stupid thing where they think that’s your new salary for the year and massively over tax you.

It’s all new to me though. Most I’ve ever had before was a one off couple of hundred quid in my pay packet.
Think someone else has also mentioned it-bang it into an AVC which is seperate from your pension but tops it up if you like (basically it’s just stock piling money for later on after 55).
Good thing is that it’s taken out before deductions so for every £80 you put in it’s really worth £100 because if no tax being payed. Not sure there will ever be a bank who will give you 1/5 return on your brass!
Depends obviously which pension scheme your employer is part if, or if you are actually in your employers pension scheme at all!?

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Think someone else has also mentioned it-bang it into an AVC which is seperate from your pension but tops it up if you like (basically it’s just stock piling money for later on after 55).
Good thing is that it’s taken out before deductions so for every £80 you put in it’s really worth £100 because if no tax being payed. Not sure there will ever be a bank who will give you 1/5 return on your brass!
Depends obviously which pension scheme your employer is part if, or if you are actually in your employers pension scheme at all!?
We get the legal minimum out into some kind of pension. Not sure of the details.

skybluesam66

Mar 29, 2011
so bitcoin is around 50% off where it was a couple of months ago (same for other digital currencies)
I expect it to drop further yet, with the uncertainty, but either
a) it is the end of bitcoin (unlikely) or
b) There will be some bounceback at some point
Any speculation as to where the bottom of the market will be for the best value in?

some of that is exchange rate, and I can only really see the £ strengthening over the next 12 months by 5-10% which will cause a further drop.
My opinion is we may see bitcoin in the region of £17k and at that point, there is opportunity

dubed

Aug 14, 2012
The first search engine was Alta vista, then came excite, web crawler, Lycos, Netscape , yahoo and finally Google The first video technology was Betamax, then came VHS, VCD, DVD, Blueray, MP4 etc… History suggests that the first concept never survives to become the eventual standard If you think Bitcoin will survive , you are dreaming -Adam Khoo.

China continuing to squeeze re Alipay and mining, though likely to still have a role in money laundering....

wtfdik, dyor, atb, gla etc etc🙂

Covstu

Aug 17, 2008
Costa del Cov
I don’t understand it all to be honest, I invest in something that I have knowledge about and therefore can have some kind of idea of whether it’s going to be successful, this lot it just seems too volatile