Your Perfect New Stadium (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Just a bit of fun

Obviously it would be in Coventry.

For me it would be about 20k with the possibilities of rapid expansion.
To add to this I'd like one of the stands behind the goal to be a full terrace.

Also it shouldn't be a bowl.

theferret

Just a bit of fun

Obviously it would be in Coventry.

For me it would be about 20k with the possibilities of rapid expansion.
To add to this I'd like one of the stands behind the goal to be a full terrace.

Also it shouldn't be a bowl.

Asymmetrical, stands as close to the pitch as possible, steep and imposing on all sides; and most important of all, in or very close to the city centre. If Carlsberg made football grounds...

torchomatic

With a big hill for the Trust, sorry for the KCIC campaign members to watch for nothing.

Clearly Sixfields after reading some of the tripe from the SISU apologists

torchomatic

Not my favourite either, but I'd happily go there now without any moaning.

The Ricoh is an anti-stadium, it ticks every box on the list of things not to do when designing a football stadium.

Would happily skip there to watch the Brentford game though...

pusbccfc

Bloody hell.

In the first few comments the hill and bloody Sixfields are mentioned along with the trust etc.

Can we not shut up about that in just one thread!?!?

CCFC PimpRail

The Ricoh is an anti-stadium, it ticks every box on the list of things not to do when designing a football stadium.

Would happily skip there to watch the Brentford game though...

Weren't ccfc consulted during the design stage, since it was built for them...? Or didn't they bother at the time, in the same way they didn't bother accepting a sliding rent scale...?

Marty

Something with a massive terrace like Iduna park (Borussia Dortmund).

I do like stadium MK with the open concourse.

Baginton

talking of Germany, make all tickets £12 and have safe standing, we'll fill it, like all German sides do !!

rob9872

Highfield Road anyone? :-(

Paxman II

How about the one we were supposed to get in Richardson's vision, sliding pitch, closing roof and all?

theferret

Weren't ccfc consulted during the design stage, since it was built for them...? Or didn't they bother at the time, in the same way they didn't bother accepting a sliding rent scale...?

I am sure they had input, which only makes what they came up with worse. The stadium was value engineered, and that is why most new grounds are crap. Wasn't ours designed by the same architects involved with the Walkers Stadium? The end of the day, if you are going to build a venue that can also stage concerts, you are going to put the stands a long way from the pitch to maximise floor space. Not sure the club could have done much about that even if they had wanted to.

italiahorse

How about the one we were supposed to get in Richardson's vision, sliding pitch, closing roof and all?

That would have been superb ...................... if we could have afforded it.
Needed to get the England Stadium nod as well but it didn't happen

Users who are viewing this thread