Your Move SISU (1 Viewer)

stupot07

1)Isn't it one of the league rules that the football club has to have first option on all dates? Games get moved for TV and on safety grounds and I think they can be randomly moved with the agreement of both teams but 2) if the Ricoh was unavailable on a date we were scheduled to play and the other team wouldn't agree to move what would happen?

I know the FL don't have a great track record on enforcing the rules but you know this would be the sort of thing they would see as an easy way to throw their weight around.

1) Don't think so.
2) I think this season has shown that it doesn't matter and on the whole teams will agree if given enough notice:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

blueflint

No they care about constructing a business model they believe will enhance the clubs long term saleable value.

that is very funny grendel what business plan to lose a fortune playing to 1/10 of the fans at northampton a real winner there

Mary_Mungo_Midge

What's stopping ACL for making a 3 year rent offer matching or bettering the Northampton as an interim measure?

There's a statement at the bottom of this article, posted elsewhere in here today: http://wireinthebrain.wordpress.com...ideotape-les-reid-and-the-ricoh-row/#comments

That states: 'No-one would dispute that the rent was too high (though I understand ACL’s last offer was below what the club is paying at Sixfields)'

If you believe the article; they may already have done so

kmj5000

No they care about constructing a business model they believe will enhance the clubs long term saleable value.

A business model that involves loosing millions each year for the next 5 years whilst they try to find a site to build an inferior stadium and, it would appear, having not the slightest clue where that will be or whether they will get planning permission anyway! And you think that will enhance the club's saleable value ?

Are you serious Grendel?

One thing is for sure, they may care about the future saleable value, but they clearly don't think a shit about the fans in the meantime, do they?

stupot07

There's a statement at the bottom of this article, posted elsewhere in here today: http://wireinthebrain.wordpress.com...ideotape-les-reid-and-the-ricoh-row/#comments

That states: 'No-one would dispute that the rent was too high (though I understand ACL’s last offer was below what the club is paying at Sixfields)'

If you believe the article; they may already have done so

I don't believe the article, I believe that relates to the offer to the administrator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

dongonzalos

I don't believe the article, I believe that relates to the offer to the administrator.

If they came back to the Ricoh on the last rent offer directly to them. it would still cost them less than the estimated 2 million losses a year they will incur at Sixfields

Last edited:

stupot07

If they came back to the Ricoh on the last rent offer directly to then. it would still cost them less than the estimated 2 million losses a year they will incur at Sixfields

And ACL would still be benefiting from £1.5m+ income from the club to add to their turnover...,

bigfatronssba

And ACL would still be benefiting from £1.5m+ income from the club to add to their turnover...,

And the club would be benefiting from playing in a stadium that it couldn't afford to build itself.

Nothing is free in life.

stupot07

And the club would be benefiting from playing in a stadium that it couldn't afford to build itself.

Nothing is free in life.

And fans will have to accept that we will never be a PL club as our income is restricted...

bigfatronssba

And fans will have to accept that we will never be a PL club as our income is restricted...

Life's a bitch.

Perhaps the club should put in a offer??

dongonzalos

ACL get 1.5 million ( at 400k rent and giving over 80% f&b, probably not) but I will let that slip.

SISU no longer lose 2 million and will also earn money on top

Everyone's a winner

stupot07

ACL get 1.5 million ( at 400k rent and giving over 80% f&b, probably not) but I will let that slip.

SISU no longer lose 2 million and will also earn money on top

Everyone's a winner

Not really though are they? Not in the medium or long term.

dongonzalos

Not really though are they? Not in the medium or long term.

If they seize the moment and negotiate the 150k sliding scale rent. Then I think they would be both medium and long term.

The alternative as you say building a new stadium is patently not a viable option.

stupot07

If they seize the moment and negotiate the 150k sliding scale rent. Then I think they would be both medium and long term.

The alternative as you say building a new stadium is patently not a viable option.

How will it? We will still be restricted in income in terms of ticket sales and the odd bit of sponsorship and merchandise.

bigfatronssba

Or build their own ground....

A shed out in the sticks?

That might be the ambition of some CCFC fans, (and coincidently the owners), but I want more for our club than that.

Are you saying a £400k a year is the difference between League 1 and the Premiership?

dongonzalos

How will it? We will still be restricted in income in terms of ticket sales and the odd bit of sponsorship and merchandise.

What extra profit would we have from Ms Sepella's ground vision, to be spent on the team that we would not have by a cheap rent deal.

Last edited:

stupot07

A shed out in the sticks?

That might be the ambition of some CCFC fans, (and coincidently the owners), but I want more for our club than that.

Are you saying a £400k a year is the difference between League 1 and the Premiership?

No saying that having limited access to match day revenues is the difference between league 1 and the PL.

stupot07

What extra profit would we have from Ms Sepella's ground vision to be spent on the team that we would not have by a cheap rent deal.

I have no idea. But a rental deal at the Ricoh with limited access to additional and match day revenue will certainly make PL football almost impossible to achieve.

letsallsingtogether

So what are we doing now and for the next 5 years pay rent and get nothing,except even lower crowds beggars belief.

I have no idea. But a rental deal at the Ricoh with limited access to additional and match day revenue will certainly make PL football almost impossible to achieve.

J

Jack Griffin

Why? The rent & F&B is peanuts compared to ticket sales, but that is the very thing moving to Northampton has cut by 80%!

You argument is nonsensical, it certainly does not rely on mathematics!

stupot07

Why? The rent & F&B is peanuts compared to ticket sales, but that is the very thing moving to Northampton has cut by 80%!

You argument is nonsensical, it certainly does not rely on mathematics!

Ok jack, you are right, addition revenues will have no impact our turnover is fine without them and Will have zero impact on the medium to long term future or our ability to get to the PL.

J

Jack Griffin

Ok jack, you are right, addition revenues will have no impact our turnover is fine without them and Will have zero impact on the medium to long term future or our ability to get to the PL.

The loss of 80% of turnover caused by moving sure will!

stupot07

The loss of 80% of turnover caused by moving sure will!

Your talking short term, I'm talking medium to long term. Yes the Northampton move is idiotic, but we need to get the best terms possible if we return to the Ricoh to secure our long term future. Its no good agreeing to a 10+ year deal it's no access to revenue.

James Smith

Your talking short term, I'm talking medium to long term. Yes the Northampton move is idiotic, but we need to get the best terms possible if we return to the Ricoh to secure our long term future. Its no good agreeing to a 10+ year deal it's no access to revenue.

If the Judicial review application appeal fails then unless Joy puts in a serious offer for both ACL and the freehold* we'll be in Northampton until a new ground is built. The rate things are going that could well be the the medium term.

*not renting anymore.

Skybluesquirrel

I'd like to know if ACL had somehow arranged for the sale of the freehold to Sisu on agreeable terms, but this was presented and offered to the Administrator at the meeting to agree the CVA in a way that could be deemed unlawful under insolvency law, would Sisu and their lawyers have found a way to accept it?

All very hypothetical but would be interested to find out.

dongonzalos

The point is the alternative makes it completely impossible

Astute

Do you really believe it is all about the pie money?

stupot07

Do you really believe it is all about the pie money?

The point is the alternative makes it completely impossible

Again you're missing the point. I am not advocating the Northampton move and I am not advocating building a new ground.

The fact is without access to additional or match day income at the Ricoh PL football will be virtually impossible to achieve.

Users who are viewing this thread