Your favourite sky blue era ? (1 Viewer)

westendunited

The sillet/Curtis era was obviously truly memorable but for me is a close call between the bobby Gould revolution and the Dave sexton young team including Danny Thomas etc. great memories.

RME

The Jimmy Hill era was wonderful. We were innovative, successful and had huge crowds.

Moscowskyblue

It was really strange on saturday when my heroes from the past come up to me call me Deano and shake my hand.
colin stein couldn't thank me enough when he asked me if I had any footage of him playing for the city.then I gave him a 2 hour DVD of him in action in sky blue.we were nearly in tears

Bless you Deano, that is a great service you are providing to us and I am delighted that someone who meant so much to us as Colin Stein did, also appreciates it and that it means something special to him to. That is good to hear.

deanocity3

I'd have Gordon Milnes young starlets I remember one match when everage age was 20 and all home grown.
Sealey,Thomas, Roberts, Blair, Dyson, Butterworth, Bodak, Jacobs, Hateley, Thompson,Whitton

or buys Blyth,Daly,Gillespie,Hunt,
and more home in Barnes,English,Bannister,Gooding

Last edited:

torchomatic

For success the Sillet/Curtis years, the Cup Run, the visits to Wembley, etc.

For sheer excitement for me it was 1977/78 until 1981. I had just started going home and away every week and watch players like Wally and Fergie, Steve Hunt, Terry Yorath, etc. Also the brilliant "tram line" kit too. Fantastic!

Big crowds in the 70's were brilliant and add Hutch Wallace Fergie Yorath and playing 424. Great memories.

1987 will always be etched though.

westendunited

Bobby Gould brought virtually a complete new side inc. Stuart Pearce oggy Brian burrows terry Gibson Dave Bennett Micky gynn etc and made a great start to season. Travelled everywhere exciting times.

TheSnoz

"The Jimmy Hill era was wonderful. We were innovative, successful and had huge crowds."

RME said this. Agree with him.
Enjoyed Wally and Ferguson era too. Any game Hutchy played in. And that brief spell in 1981 was it, Danny Thomas, Gillespie etc. Loved Cup Final era obviously, but 1980s in English football was not good. Hoolies wrecked it.

usskyblue

For sheer excitement for me it was 1977/78 until 1981. I had just started going home and away every week and watch players like Wally and Fergie, Steve Hunt, Terry Yorath, etc. Also the brilliant "tram line" kit too. Fantastic!

This...

When football was football..and no one gave a shiny shit about the boardroom..

It was really strange on saturday when my heroes from the past come up to me call me Deano and shake my hand.
colin stein couldn't thank me enough when he asked me if I had any footage of him playing for the city.then I gave him a 2 hour DVD of him in action in sky blue.we were nearly in tears
nice post....great stuff Deano

sky_blue_up_north

For me its the Jimmy Hill, closely followed by the Yorath/Wallace/Fergie/Hutch makes me sick the pig ear successive CCFC boards have made of out of our club. Moving to the Ricoh was the worst thing we ever did.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

Got to agree with you on that torch........ happy days !

torchomatic

RoboCCFC90

Between 93/94 and 99/00 for me some great players :)

searmh

the early nineties for me gallacher and quinn, fighting relegation year in year out, beating liverpool 5-1, the good ol days

Users who are viewing this thread