Your Away Day! (1 Viewer)

SeasideShrimper

Southend fan here, in peace.

I don't think we've played you at our place since the 06-07 Championship season!

As far as I am aware, there are no rail works going on at the moment, so those of you travelling by train should get to Prittlewell station with ease.

Alternatively, if you get the train right through to Southend Victoria, this provides easier access to the town centre, should you need or want to grab a bite to eat.

Parking: if you aren't travelling by train, it is mainly street parking near the ground, although you are able to park in "The Victoria" shopping centre car park (which is located near Southend Victoria train station). Southend High School for Boys also provides parking.

Lunch: It is roughly a 15 minute walk from the ground to the high street (town centre), if you wanted to go to the seafront or the high street itself. There are two McDonalds, a KFC & a Burger King in the high street. However, there is a fish & chip shop right near the ground, opposite the estate agents (near the church entrance). There is also a Toby Carvery (AKA The Bell Pub) on the A127, about a 30 minute walk from the ground.

Drinking: There are two pubs close to the ground, (both are under 5 minutes walk away from the ground). These are The Blue Boar & The Spread Eagle. The Blue Boar is for away fans only on match day, so this pub will be your base up until kick-off. The Spread Eagle is for home fans only on match days. If travelling by train, "The Railway" pub near the exit of Prittlewell station (I think) is open for away fans as well as home fans.

If you wish to know anything else, I'm more than happy to help.

Safe trip to all who are coming down here for the game.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Cheers SS, that backs up what I've read online.

What's happened to your lot over the last few games? Nearly lost 4 on the spin after going pretty well.

Otis

They also seemed to be okay at the back and quite well organised, but then have just shipped in 11 goals in 3 games before the 0-0 draw on Saturday.

Hope they're as obliging when we visit. ;)

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

ccfcrob

Brilliant post... Thanks It definitely helps... I hope your boys are as helpful on Saturday!

Bugsy

I'm gonna try my luck and go spreadeagle this weekend....PUSB

SeasideShrimper

Yeah, Liverpool St is easier. Prittlewell is the closest station to the ground but if you continue right through to Southend Victoria, as mentioned above, you'll be nearer the town centre. Even then, it doesn't take long to walk from Southend Victoria to the ground so don't worry if you miss the Prittlewell stop.

Route

Liverpool St --> Stratford --> Shenfield --> Billericay --> Wickford --> Rayleigh --> Hockley --> Rochford (my home town!) --> Southend Airport --> Prittlewell --> Southend Victoria

Users who are viewing this thread