Young players (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

The one thing I didn't like under robins was the fact that we didn't have any youngsters In our team from academy. I hope that the new manager does take a look and bring up some new youngsters. Maybe not for this end of the the season but for next season.

Last edited:

skybluegod

billy daniels, connor tomas, cyrus, jordan clarke

Thomas Cyrus and Clarke where all from last season or in Thomas's case the season before that. And it it AT that brought up Daniels not robins and ever since he robins came in Daniels has been sent back to the development squad

Sky

We generally don't have any quality youngsters at the moment compared to a couple of season ago when we had the likes of Gael, Thomas, Clarke Cyrus,ruffles and Clarke-Harris in the same team. That team was one of the best u18s in England

skyblueelephant

This was one thing I didn't like under robins was the fact that we didn't have any youngsters I'm out team nobody from the academy. I ope that the new manager does take a look and bring up some new youngsters. Maybe not for this end of the the season but for next season.

Apart from the first sentence not making sense, are you criticising Robins for not bringing any youngsters in but then saying you don't mind if a new manager doesn't bring them in until next season?

skybluegod

Apart from the first sentence not making sense, are you criticising Robins for not bringing any youngsters in but then saying you don't mind if a new manager doesn't bring them in until next season?

I feel the new manager has to play exp to get promotion but robins earlier in the season would have been able to bring some in is what I mean.

skyblueelephant

I feel the new manager has to play exp to get promotion but robins earlier in the season would have been able to bring some in is what I mean.

It's all about opinions, but you couldn't bring in kids when we were at the bottom and if Thorn and Shaw could have managed a couple of wins between them we would be top of the league so I don't think Robins did a lot wrong (apart from leave)...

skybluegod

It's all about opinions, but you couldn't bring in kids when we were at the bottom and if Thorn and Shaw could have managed a couple of wins between them we would be top of the league so I don't think Robins did a lot wrong (apart from leave)...

I'm sure other teams have got youngsters in there teams and there in the same position as us eg Yeovil Bournemouth ( now top 2 though)

hill83

In all honesty, who cares if we go with youth or not.
I want results. End of.

skyblueelephant

How would I know? I don't know the youth players. If you read my post I said not this season next season so so with people leaving it will open up places

So you didn't like Robins for something he didn't do in the future? I understand that people don't like the way he left and I feel as betrayed as anyone, but he did an excellent job whilst he was here and all the moaning now is just sour grapes.

Bluegloucester

It matters because we could find another bigi Thomas or Christie

No what you said was you didn't like Robins because he didn't pick young players. Well we didn't have any that were good enough in his opinion. I am sure Gregor Rioch will tell the manager when he finds the next Bigi or whoever. .

Last edited:

skybluegod

So you didn't like Robins for something he didn't do in the future? I understand that people don't like the way he left and I feel as betrayed as anyone, but he did an excellent job whilst he was here and all the moaning now is just sour grapes.

No because at the time he was here he could have brought up youth players

ajsccfc

But you've already admitted you don't know the players, so aren't you suggesting he bring up players just because rather than due to any of them actually being deserving?

skybluegod

No what you said was you didn't like Robins because he didn't pick young players. Well we didn't have any that were good enough in his opinion. I am sure Gregor Rioch will tell the manager when he finds the next Bigi or whoever. .

So we find 3 good players in one season but none this season? Why hasn't at least willies bean in and around the team? He played well against Brum then not to play again

skybluegod

But you've already admitted you don't know the players, so aren't you suggesting he bring up players just because rather than due to any of them actually being deserving?

Yes but what I mean to say is there must be someone good or at least give some of the players from the Southampton game last season a chance , willis, Daniels

skybluegod

If we didn't have a good academy and have good players In it can someone explain to me why of all people issue would be paying £100,000+ to make it grade 2 level?

ajsccfc

So a combination of guesswork and 'why not', basically? If we had someone making a case for inclusion I could understand, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

skybluegod

So a combination of guesswork and 'why not', basically? If we had someone making a case for inclusion I could understand, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

Willis? He was excellent against brum and when Clarke and Christie were both out of from I'm sure he could have played then?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread