"you'll never play for this club again" (1 Viewer)

CJparker

Of the current squad, it looks like Robins has turned his face against several players already, leading me to think we've seen the last of them in City shirts and that their eventual departure is inevitable.

Those that spring to mind are

Connor Henderson
Adam Barton
Kevin Malaga (in fact we know this as he is transfer listed)
Reece Brown (nice and convenient "illness")
Steven Elliot
ROD

Fair play to MR, he has to be harsh to get results. Would anyone disagree with any of the above? Anyone you'd add to the list? David Bell springs to mind!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If this was a factual list, i dont think id miss any of these.

Malaga hasnt been given a chance, but i trust MR's decision is best for all parties concerned, Barton indid have high hopes for but it just doesnt seem to have worked out, Henderson I believe was a stop gap signing until we tied up Baileys loan, Brown is Brown, ROD is ROD.

Elliott is a strange one as he did seem to be in favour early on, but only really has pace to his game

Otis

Conor Henderson has been injured/not match fit.

And he was on the bench on Saturday. And it was MR who brought him in. He hasn't even played two full games yet, so I would say he was not on any hit list. Certainly not yet anyway.

That would make MR look rather incompetent, to bring someone in, not even give him two games and then want shot of him.

@richh87

I don't think Elliot is on that list - and as for Bell, well at least let the guy show him what he can do! Robins is big on fighting spirit so you may well be right.

The biggest disappointment for me is Adam Barton. An extremely talented player who with the right desire would be playing at a much much higher level.

skybluegod

Elliot played on Saturday so i don't know where you got that from? Barton i like but he doesn't and he brought in 4 new cm's so he wont be near first team for a while. Rod has never really played. How can bell spring to mind he's not even fit yet? Brown was first choice for him before but after illness he lost his place.

Otis

Fair comments.

Sure Brown has been injured and Elliot as you say, was back in the fold on Saturday.

Barton is the one that worries me. Think Robins likes his teams to work hard and play with energy. Barton doesn't appear to fit that profile.

skybluegod

Fair comments.

Sure Brown has been injured and Elliot as you say, was back in the fold on Saturday.

Barton is the one that worries me. Think Robins likes his teams to work hard and play with energy. Barton doesn't appear to fit that profile.

Some of our other players seem to fit that profile from what i saw against brentford and notts county. Baker always out's in effort and wood ,goldie and cameron. moussa puts in minimal amounts fleck average amount of effort,clarke sometimes reckord doesn't . sheffers twice in a game if lucky. jennings sometimes bailey sometimes. so about 4/5 of our team don't put in that much effort imo. Unless they were just tired or out of character those games i don't know.

ajsccfc

I don't see Robins as being so needlessly ruthless. He's told Malaga he can leave, but it's hardly 'never darken my doorstep again' territory.

theprince

9 players brought in last summer, by Thorn or was it Waggott ? or both.? NONE are good enough, except Fleck maybe. Adam Barton has skill and ability but he is simply chicken, had a triple leg break i believe so it is understandable but it don't help us.

stupot07

To be honest other than the kids because of sentimental reasons, is there a player in the squad anyone would be outraged about losing?

Grendel

To be honest other than the kids because of sentimental reasons, is there a player in the squad anyone would be outraged about losing?

Not outraged no. The only one of the permanent staff who would be hard to replace with ease I think is Murphy who looks a lot better than the other League One goalies I have seen.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I read the title of thread and thought this was a "Bobby Gould" moment.. bless him..

Didn't he once say these very words to a Goalie back in the 80's....after an abysmal performance....?

Otis

As it stands, the only player who has looked any good will be gone soon.

But never mind ..... play-offs here we come!!:whistle:

Sky Blue Sheepy

Flecks looked great as have McGoldrick and Murphy imo. That aside no-one else has stood out. Moussa has shown glimpses mind. It doesn't feel as bad as some are making out for some reason, but hard to back that up looking at our position...

dongonzalos

Flecks looked great as have McGoldrick and Murphy imo. That aside no-one else has stood out. Moussa has shown glimpses mind. It doesn't feel as bad as some are making out for some reason, but hard to back that up looking at our position...

I agree with you.

Problem is we are where we are, mainly down to to off field stuff. Not due to the squad we have.

During that RS period and MR's first game we lost 5 on the bounce in the league.

Take that out our record is won 3 drew 4 lost 2 I think...

Which doesnt really support that we have the worst team going.

One defeat was to notts county the other to Brentford from a last minute penalty.

We will be alright.

Last edited:

Astute

All of these discussions are mainly because of the disasterous run under Shaw. 0 points in 4 games. Confidence shot to bits. Then 1st game under MR lost. If we had the same average from these games as since then we would all be looking at the top 6. We would be in the top half of the table. We can make these points up but who knows what will happen in January.

skybluesham

i wanna see bell back, he is the player who has been at the club the longest. i just want to see him, and m robins hasnt given ROD a chance, or henderson;). I like Malaga but mr dont, elliot is all right, my 4th choice forward. brown and barton are crap.

Sky Blue Sheepy

I wouldn't say Barton is crap. When he's got a little time on the ball he can dictate play. As someone else said though, who ever really recovers fully from a triple leg break. Physically? Maybe, but psychologically that will always play on your mind, it must do. I hope he comes good though because he does have bags of ability I think.

Users who are viewing this thread