you know its been a great night tomorrow if... (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueChris

thought we could have a positive (we'll see how long it lasts) thread about tomorrows match..

i'll kick it off...

if we have 8000 cov fans chanting "your even worse than united!"

SkyBlueChris

or its to do with the fact we beat united in this round of the cup i believe on the same date was it 3 or 4 years ago now??

Macca

........ If you find out your Granada bingo home kit still fits and you remember not to chant Cyrille's name

smileycov

Facebook User
If...........Wenger is mostly in the Tech Area with his arms out wide!

CovisGod

Theyplayers turn up for a big game and put in a shift, I don't neccesarily think it's gonna be easy, but there's 22 men on that pitch and ANYTHING can happen

Nobody thought we'd beat United either ;)

covcity4life

united team will be alot weaker than arsenals today by alla ccounts

the win vs utd was great but it was romantacised by 11k (many who never returned to ricoh since) who make out like it was the finest sky moment in history. it wasnt.

just my opinion

JazzCat

i agree it is over egged as the greatest night in modern history for our club BUT

I think 7 or 8 of the players that night then played in the Champions League final 18 months later so they were no mugs. Nani, Anderson, O'Shea, Carrick etc. Even Pique left United and then played in that final for Barca.

TheHellion

united team will be alot weaker than arsenals today by alla ccounts

the win vs utd was great but it was romantacised by 11k (many who never returned to ricoh since) who make out like it was the finest sky moment in history. it wasnt.

just my opinion

But in terms of recent results and successes, there haven't been many more times we could celebrate getting a result like that. There were still some very good players in that United side. Certainly, it wasn't the best moment ever in the overall history of the club (promotion to the top flight, winning the FA Cup are probably the two best moments), but when you take it into the context of the time in which it happened, it probably is one of our finer moments of recent times.

I do agree Arsenal will more than likely put out a stronger side than United did, meaning any result today would be bigger. But then for Arsenal, there is surely more motivation to win any trophy, given how long they've been without one.

harvey098

If...I wake up in a random hotel with 5 hookers and a tattoo on my chest saying Coventry 5 Arsenal 0

oakey

It will have been a great night if nobody who knows I support City takes the piss tomorrow and for several days.

Users who are viewing this thread