You couldn't hear us from the hill? (1 Viewer)

Fluffsta

You couldn't hear us from the hill? Maybe this message will explain things a little.

All these people who say they couldn't hear us on the hill from the stadium.

The wind was a good 5-9mph from the south on matchday meaning the sound was directed from the stadium towards the people gathered on the hill to the north. This would of made it much harder for the people on the the hill to project sound to the stadium facing south against a headwind on that day.

If you think I am talking bollocks then try going to Glastonbury on a windy day when you are standing at the back of a crowd when a group is on stage.

Also video proof below that the wind was coming from the south which is unusual for this time of year. Look at which way the flag flows. From the stadium towards the hill. From the south heading north.

What does this mean?

A possible explanation could mean that the fans on the hill could be more vocal than the fans inside Sixfields,

Video. Look at the flag!

EDIT - It was actually 8-16mph north heading wind during matchday in Sixfields. Not many people on the hill could hear the fans within Sixfields.
With conditions as they were we on the hill should have heard the fans within Sixfields but it was pretty quiet.

[video=youtube;U0lm7zmHyh8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0lm7zmHyh8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUOf5Yu-uuBMRa7xM64Au-KQ[/video]

Last edited:

Otis

You couldn't hear us from the hill? Maybe this message will explain things a little.

All these people who say they couldn't hear us on the hill from the stadium.

The wind was a good 5-9mph from the south on matchday meaning the sound was directed from the stadium towards the people gathered on the hill to the north. This would of made it much harder for the people on the the hill to project sound to the stadium facing south against a headwind on that day.

If you think I am talking bollocks then try going to Glastonbury on a windy day when you are standing at the back of a crowd when a group is on stage.

Also video proof below that the wind was coming from the south which is unusual for this time of year. Look at which way the flag flows. From the stadium towards the hill. From the south heading north.

What does this mean?

A possible explanation could mean that the fans on the hill could be more vocal than the fans inside Sixfields,

Video. Look at the flag!

EDIT - It was actually 8-16mph north heading wind during matchday in Sixfields. Not many people on the hill could hear the fans within Sixfields.
With conditions as they were we on the hill should have heard the fans within Sixfields but it was pretty quiet.

[video=youtube;U0lm7zmHyh8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0lm7zmHyh8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUOf5Yu-uuBMRa7xM64Au-KQ[/video]

More likely that the grass was too dense and too high and blocked the sound as it came from the hill.

Then if you factor in atmospheric pressure, voice capacity and vocal delivery, dependent upon age of yeller, then also unity and synchronisation of choir voices, you should have the true value of why no-one takes what you say even remotely seriously.

@richh87

The Sky Sports reporter said the guys on the hill were making a racket, so it seems she could certainly hear them fine.

pusbccfc

I think they could hear us, Murphy waved back after asking him for a wave. It's quite a distance to from the larger stand to our hill in the first half.

Sbarcher

What was Windy Miller doing on the Hill?

hill83

Nobody was saying you weren't singing.
But the point still stands that you couldn't be heard in the ground. Let's hope it's not windy next game.

And it was like a library in the ground so you'd need hurricane strong winds in the direction of the hill to hear anything.

Last edited:

Sbarcher

Sounds like a High Field Road to me....................

jimmyhillsfanclub

So if the wind is blowing again for the Sheff Utd. game (highly likely on a hill in October)....you will not be heard at all....and it'll be dark by the time the 2nd half starts....so you'll be like naughty Victorian children (ie: not seen or heard)

I still think the hill protest will be shit & a massive wasted opportunity for the live Sky TV game....

...Protest should be in the ground....and therefore, logically, in front of the cameras....

hill83

So if the wind is blowing again for the Sheff Utd. game (highly likely on a hill in October)....you will not be heard at all....and it'll be dark by the time the 2nd half starts....so you'll be like naughty Victorian children (ie: not seen or heard)

I still think the hill protest will be shit & a massive wasted opportunity for the live Sky TV game....

...Protest should be in the ground....and therefore, logically, in front of the cameras....

Ha ha, I didn't even think about the fact it will be dark! Get some glow in the dark paint on those banners chaps.

Nick

Administrator
Why not take something to measure the sound levels for statistical reasons?

Would there have been so many people there if you couldn't see the game from the hill?

Users who are viewing this thread