You are a traitor if you buy a season ticket next year! (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

What a dickhead

Not fair, it is easy to think it was about 2012/13 season tickets the way the Coventry Telegraph article is written, I did when I first read it in July.

What is more we had Richard Keys on the telly on Monday saying the same thing about loans against next year, now I don't know if he has an alternative source, has also misread the article or is simply throwing mud.

As far as I'm concerned, anything is rumour unless there is an accredited source.

Astute

I can only do a certain amount of games as it costs me about £250 a time. I only do away games. They get nothing from me, but I would never call anyone a traitor. You all have a choice. I can live with mine.

I do miss the home games. I also miss the chance of seeing us win. Away games are better though.

Nonleagueherewecome

Is the OP on a wind up? Has he read the reasonable, civilised debate on here of late about boycotting and said "I aint 'avin that..time to WUM!"

After 47 years as A ST holder I am no yet ready to throw the towel in - wached CCFC climb out of the old 4th Division and into the promised land of the Premiership gives me hope that we can maybe just maybe repeat that miraculous performance again.

NURSE.....................

Otis

Not fair, it is easy to think it was about 2012/13 season tickets the way the Coventry Telegraph article is written, I did when I first read it in July.

What is more we had Richard Keys on the telly on Monday saying the same thing about loans against next year, now I don't know if he has an alternative source, has also misread the article or is simply throwing mud.

As far as I'm concerned, anything is rumour unless there is an accredited source.

If it is this season's ticket sales then the article is badly written. As it was July and ST revenue had already been received into the club the CT should have said at this time that it was "this season's ST sales." Saying "next" season points towards next year's campaign.

Keys did the same thing. Why doesn't someone from the club refute this and put it to bed. Can someone also not ask Andy Turner at the CT?

Sub

we are pinning our hopes on the telegraph having the balls to ask a proper question ??? Good luck with that otis hope we get a answer but the telegraph never ask proper question just shit ones about what the players eat for breakfast :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Otis

No, my question to Andy Turner is what did the CT mean when they said next season, nowt else. Not what the club have said or where he got his info from, just if they meant this season or next season and also the fact that Keys said next season.

Nowt to do with him approaching CCFC.

Last edited:

Sub

well hopefully they will know what they mean although i sometime wonder if the telegraph have any idea that goes on in the real world!!:):)

OyJimmy

Your not really a traitor if you buy a season ticket next year, and I knew that when I started the thread. However what I did want to do is make people think about what it really means to buy a season ticket if Sisu are in charge. Frankly I've bought a season ticket every year since I could first afford to buy one, so about 10 years. But now I've started to think that far from helping my club I'm hindering it if I renew this year and Sisu stays or worse still walks off with my cash. These days if you buy a ST I think you really need to think about what it means. That was the point f the thread a clearly the controversy has got you all thinking!

Stevec189

Keys has no magic insight on the inner workings at CCFC - he can only go on what he is told. He does have some information from Mr H but I doubt he would understand the vast majority of it. He is not an accountant or a financial expert - just a journalist and we all know how truthful they can be...........

Having said that he used his skills to good effect on Monday on the Beeb. Pity it wasn't seen much outside of the Midlands!

I will be going next season and still supporting change at the very top. I guess I am a traitor for being a season ticket holder longer han I have been married!

PUSB

mark82

How about, only the true, hardcore fans will buy a season ticket next season. That's probably closer to the truth.

Just because a fan cannot go to every game and/or cannot afford it doesn't make them less hardcore. Personally I would love a season ticket but I live in Yorkshire and work 2 out of every 4 Saturdays. Doesn't mean I support the club any less than if I could attend every game.

skybluesteve76

Just because a fan cannot go to every game and/or cannot afford it doesn't make them less hardcore. Personally I would love a season ticket but I live in Yorkshire and work 2 out of every 4 Saturdays. Doesn't mean I support the club any less than if I could attend every game.

Totally agree mate. I didn't mean your less of a fan. It was in reply to being a traitor if you don't. Season ticket sales will be down next season, not because people will be traitors if they buy one but because they don t wanna watch league one football.

All the best

ajsccfc

Your not really a traitor if you buy a season ticket next year, and I knew that when I started the thread. However what I did want to do is make people think about what it really means to buy a season ticket if Sisu are in charge.

Of course, it was a clever ploy all along in line with your other thought-provoking masterpieces.

Ashdown

1, I wouldn't go so far as calling renewers traitors, however it is my firm belief that IF SISU are still here it would be crazy to fund their madness, you would be just buying them time to take things apart for a bit longer with your hard earned. Most people I know will not renew under this regime. For what its worth I think they will be gone by March and City will be in administration anyway.

torchomatic

Then I'm a traitor. My respect for SOC diminishes still further due to constant messages condemning people who support their team.

Difficult message but if you give money to Sisu you encourage them to stay. Cov fans should refuse to buy season tickets. It's your patriotic duty now to protect the club you love by forcing administration or a sale of the club. We aren't any old club we are CCFC. We aren't a small club we are a mod size club starved of cash. Do your duty refuse to buy a season ticket for 2012 off Sisu!

ashbyjan

Torchy - where is this rather disrespectful stance associated with SOC? This is the opinion of one individual on a forum, an individual who as far as I know has no allegiance to SOC and certainly does not nor has ever claimed to speak on our behalf. As a group we would never condemn any fan for supporting their team, whether that is from attending a game we wanted boycotted to a fan who wants to buy a season ticket. Our over riding message has always been one of respect for fellow fans and getting behind the team - in fact we would hardly be organising a "Back The Boys" trip to the away game at Reading if we felt like the opposite.

torchomatic

Oh come on, Jan. I have lost count of the messages whereby those who attend have been called traitors or spineless or scabs for not boycotting and protesting. I've yet to see one the other way round. I certainly wouldn't label boycotters ina similar fashion. I think there is certainly a more levelheaded and sensible attitude with those who attend.

Of course, they are not all involved with SOC and I apologise for stating so, but these kind of threads wind me up and do your campaign no favours. Apologies.

Last edited:

wingy

Oh come on, Jan. I have lost count of the messages whereby those who attend have been called traitors or spineless or scabs for not boycotting and protesting. I've yet to see one the other way round. I certainly wouldn't label boycotters ina similar fashion. I think there is certainly a more levelheaded and sensible attitude with those who attend.

Of course, they are not all involved with SOC and I apologise for stating so, but these kind of threads wind me up and do your campaign no favours. Apologies.
Torch i think you will find none of the people who attend SOC meetings diss any true sky blues ,and i have seen seen plenty of posts the other way round :D

torchomatic

Wing, yes I'm sure there have been posts. None from me though. Maybe not the meetings, but the boycott for sure.

ashbyjan

Torchy Thanks for that and personally I also find them frustrating and annoying. As I have said on numerous occasions there is no heirarchy of fans - no one fan is a better fan than any other. The guy who is unemployed and cannot afford to go to games is no lesser a fan than the one who goes to every game home and away. We are all fans of the club and that is our common bond and common curse! The one thing we have to have is respect for each other and each others opinions, after all football is a game that without opinions would die. But we all have them - some think Sheff is the Cov born Pele and saviour of our club to others he is a lazy, useless waste of a shirt but those are opinions and each is as valid as any other. SOC is totally inclusive and welcomes everyone (even those who worship Sheff!) but would utterly condemn anyone who disrespects their fellow fans.

wingy

Wing, yes I'm sure there have been posts. None from me though. Maybe not the meetings, but the boycott for sure.
I really meant posts sticking up for you lads from the likes of protesters /boycotters from the likes of me and others from SOC
,not anyone knocking the SOC members

mark82

Can we not put this topic to bed now? I think it is clear that everyone supports the club in their own way and will protest in their own way. One way is not better than another.

skybluesteve76

Off subject I know. Just to pick up on a point. Surely you are more of a fan if you actually go to games than a person that doesn't go. What actually constitutes being a fan of a football team then? I would of thought it was going to watch their games?

All the best

mark82

I would go to all games if I could. But a) I work at weekends and b) I live 100 miles away so it's very expensive. Each game would cost me best part of £100 per match. Because I need to work for a living and don't have the money to make every game doesn't make me less of a fan.

skybluesteve76

I know alot of people that say they follow the sky blues but for one reason or another don't go anymore. But if you don't set foot in the ground and support the team on are you a supporter or just a follower? Just asking because the subject intrigues me. I've got a season ticket and go to probably five away per season aswell but someone that goes home and away without fail is more of a fan than me. That commitment is unrivalled. People like that can't be classed the same as someone that never goes surely?

All the best

mark82

I know alot of people that say they follow the sky blues but for one reason or another don't go anymore. But if you don't set foot in the ground and support the team on are you a supporter or just a follower? Just asking because the subject intrigues me. I've got a season ticket and go to probably five away per season aswell but someone that goes home and away without fail is more of a fan than me. That commitment is unrivalled. People like that can't be classed the same as someone that never goes surely?

All the best

Open to interpretation I suppose.

mark82

The one thing I feel I miss out on is actually being there. Not sure this makes me less of a fan as I would go to every match if I could. If I am on nights I wake up in the middle of my sleep to listen to the match and/or keep a close eye on scores. Most others don't wake up just so they can check a football score but not sure this would make me a bigger fan than someone not in a situation where they could do that.

Difficult message but if you give money to Sisu you encourage them to stay. Cov fans should refuse to buy season tickets. It's your patriotic duty now to protect the club you love by forcing administration or a sale of the club. We aren't any old club we are CCFC. We aren't a small club we are a mod size club starved of cash. Do your duty refuse to buy a season ticket for 2012 off Sisu!

Two words.....Fuck off

Otis

This is what OSB58 wrote in the FAQ-2 Money Talks in the Board/finance section:

Other Loans The club and group has taken out other loans notably against the Ryton facility and ticket sales. This is not unusual but not desirable either. The alternative is however, given SISU will not put in further major funds, that the club fails to meet its debts and goes into administration. Might not be what we want to see but it keeps the club going. Hopefully these facilities will be only short term. However as the loans are secured on assets (eg Ryton) it puts these assets at risk if the loans are not repaid. Plus such loans incur interest and make the losses bigger

And Yes ... it's THIS seasons tickets.

Checked out this and been told that it is next seasons ST sales.

Users who are viewing this thread