Yesterday's Victory, A Tactical Masterstroke By Venus? (1 Viewer)

st john

Were Rochdale conned by our tactics yesterday?
Soak up pressure and look totally inept for most of the game, then hit them devastatingly on the break? - a sort of football equivalent of the rope-a-dope.

stupot07

Nope.

Thought he was just lucky Rochdale didn't have their shooting boots on, myself.
I think it was clear from Venus's post match press conference it wasn't planned.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Who cares? I love it when we supposedly play shit (always) and get 3 points. Makes up for those times when we've been hard done by.

Ta da Rochdale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Nope.

Thought he was just lucky Rochdale didn't have their shooting boots on, myself.
so do you think we were unlucky for about 3 months of last season when it was happening to us week in and week out?

Grendel

The game was strange. With the personnel we had available he did what he could.

We created better chances and could have won by more.

It's a lesson that possession football really means nothing. We looked like we could hurt them when attacking.

It's not perfect but with Mowbray at the helm I think we'd have picked up 1 point from a possible 6

slyblue57

I thought Rochdale were very one dimensional. Long ,high balls into our box, which generally works against us, but not yesterday.
The defence were good for most of the game actually coped well with the high balls in. Our midfield was the problem. Bigi struggled to pass
to a skyblue shirt (white shirt) and once Stevenson was booked he drifted out of the game. .Lameiras for all his knockers ran for 90 minutes
and picked great balls out for the goals.
A very good win.
pusb

st john

Yesterday's game reminded me a bit of the 1996 season, we had as bad a start and by December were second from bottom. Then we signed Huckerby and played the sort of game where we sat back in defence and hit the opposition on the break using Huck's pace. It didn't exactly turn our season around but we weren't relegated.

Sutty

Rochdale put us under a lot of pressure but how many chances did they really have?

We had the 2 goals which were tap-ins, Agyei hitting the post when he should have scored. Quite easily the best 3 chances of the game. Ultimately that's what's important.

Users who are viewing this thread