Yesterdays Referee (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

We all moan at refs and there’s some questionable ones in our division that’s for sure but I thought overall yesterdays was very good when I first saw him he looked a bit young and I feared the worse. It was obvious from the off Rover’s manager had wound his team up to put some early meaty tackles in to intimidate us but he didn’t bottle it different to last Tuesdays clown, yellow carded a Rover’s transgressor after just two minutes and another after 6 showing he wasn’t a “homer” and taking any nonsense. Both definite yellows it put paid to any dodgy antics. Lots of bitty fouls but I couldn’t fall out with most of his decisions.

Gosb

Just a few extracts from the BR GasChat Forum

Ref 0 The most useless incompetent inconsistent pedantic fecking waste of space I've witnessed for quite some years.
Ref 2 Blimey O'Reilly. Where do they get 'em?
Ref 2 worst I've seen
Ref 1. For turning up, he was horrendous!

Mind you, they were complimentary about us

Mucca Mad Boys

Their manager was not happy about the ref! Apparently a of theirs player was elbowed in the box ‘in front of the ref’.

SAJ

We all moan at refs and there’s some questionable ones in our division that’s for sure but I thought overall yesterdays was very good when I first saw him he looked a bit young and I feared the worse. It was obvious from the off Rover’s manager had wound his team up to put some early meaty tackles in to intimidate us but he didn’t bottle it different to last Tuesdays clown, yellow carded a Rover’s transgressor after just two minutes and another after 6 showing he wasn’t a “homer” and taking any nonsense. Both definite yellows it put paid to any dodgy antics. Lots of bitty fouls but I couldn’t fall out with most of his decisions.
Thought he started quite well but got the impression he thought we had come to watch him. The game was constantly stop start. Don’t think the wind helped but most round me were commenting on how often he was stopping it. Tbf we have had far worse.

ccfc92

Thought he started quite well but got the impression he thought we had come to watch him. The game was constantly stop start. Don’t think the wind helped but most round me were commenting on how often he was stopping it. Tbf we have had far worse.

This.

I thought he started well, booked their players when most refs would let an early one go etc.

Then as the game went on, the decisions become more bizarre. I thought he was pretty balanced though, made odd decisions against both teams.

Frostie

Yep, did ok. I know they were incensed that not every single foul of ours was a booking after their earlier ones, but the fact is theirs were cynical hacks, ours were just your bog standard slightly late challenges etc.

The "elbow" by Kelly (I think) is never a penalty in a million years, it's just a coming together, instigated by their player jumping into him. I'm not convinced Kelly even knows he's there.
Seems even their own fans know that & smacks of clutching at straws by their manager.
upload_2020-2-2_17-29-42.png

D

Deleted member 4439

Just a few extracts from the BR GasChat Forum

Ref 0 The most useless incompetent inconsistent pedantic fecking waste of space I've witnessed for quite some years.
Ref 2 Blimey O'Reilly. Where do they get 'em?
Ref 2 worst I've seen
Ref 1. For turning up, he was horrendous!

Mind you, they were complimentary about us

You can see how they'd be upset as it's most unusual for a ref to go in early with cards like that, even when justified, as they were. More generally, he did seem to blow for fouls rather easily and which nearly played into Rover's hands more than once.

I like the Gas forum - seem a bunch of level headed types.

Last edited by a moderator:

cv3

Listening to Gas radio on the way home, they felt that certain city players had the ref in their pocket and ingluenced the game accordingly.(didnt say what players). Personally i thought that Brizzle played the ref by going down at every opportunity although overall i thought he got most things about right.

wingy

Wonder if a letter sent in to the Refs association in response to Tuesday nights assault up at Fleetwood?

Magwitch

In my opinion it was a pure case of a novice referee bottling the decision knowing Joey Barton would have been on his case, bit unsavoury is Joey.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I thought he got most decisions spot on, maybe ducked sending ogogo off after just giving him a yellow for a second foul on Kelly but otherwise, called it right

superskyblue

I thought their #8 should have been sent off. He committed 3 or 4 bookable offences and I don't think he was booked for one of them.

Frostie

Yes Ollie Clarke (8) got away with lots, can't believe he didn't even get a yellow!

As MMJ said Ogogo should have gone too so don't buy their bleating at all.

Users who are viewing this thread