Yesterday (1 Viewer)

DionDublinsJockstrap

No ball boys led to Dabo taking that throw in from the seating. Ref instructed retake - what is the law - anyone know. Given his height did the ref think Dabo was a ball boy?

OffenhamSkyBlue

No ball boys led to Dabo taking that throw in from the seating. Ref instructed retake - what is the law - anyone know. Given his height did the ref think Dabo was a ball boy?
Dunno - that was an odd one. Do you have to be in the field of play to take a throw-in??
The stewards did a better job as ball-boys than most of the hopeless ball-boys we seem to appoint!

Hobo

"At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:
  • stand facing the field of play
  • have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
  • throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play"
  • I think there are two points to consider "at the point where it left the field" and "both feet touching the line or on the ground behind touchline."

Ricketts

The feet bit can't of been the issue as he would of ruled it a foul throw and given it to the opposition.

More likely scenario is he just made a new law up.

On the subject of the Southend physio, I thought it was amusing that when he ran on, the medical team followed 20 yards behind with a defibrillator. Also, there was an occasion they had an injured player over our side. That was too far for him to travel so he didnt go on and treat him.

OffenhamSkyBlue

The feet bit can't of been the issue as he would of ruled it a foul throw and given it to the opposition.

More likely scenario is he just made a new law up.

On the subject of the Southend physio, I thought it was amusing that when he ran on, the medical team followed 20 yards behind with a defibrillator. Also, there was an occasion they had an injured player over our side. That was too far for him to travel so he didnt go on and treat him.
I think the biggest cheer of the day was when he had been treating their left back on our side of the pitch, so he had to leave the pitch and walk all the way round via the empty Tilton Road stand, only for another one of their players to go down on half-way near the dugout, so he had to puff his way all of 50 yards!.
I thought the chanting was very restrained and 21st century (as per the blonde on the pitch for the photos - assume she's an Allsopp??)

Users who are viewing this thread