Match Thread Yeovil Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 26th Aug (1 Viewer)

LilleSkyBlue

Just watched the second half on ifollow

We never looked like scoring at all. Passes hoofed towards their box, either dealt with by the Yeovil defence intercepting or straight into the keeper's hands. Lots of balls went straight to their keeper. Yeovil looked a constant, if unrefined, menace, always finding space and with a trick or two to take out one of our players. Nazon was the best of the bunch for us, but no one, him included, showed any real drive or urgency. Just shunting or hoofing it upfield. I didn't notice McNulty at all.

Having second thoughts about this ifollow subscription. At least I get to see the lack of desire for myself, I suppose.

torchomatic

After winning two games the title wasn't in the bag. After losing two games the season isn't over.

stevefloyd

I'd like to see him start ponticelli and Thomas up front against Shrewsbury. Give addai a game, see if he knows how to actually play in goal unlike these other clowns. I'd also try Jones just behind the front two, and give him Doyle and Stevenson behind him for supply, drop kelly but push Doyle into a more solid midfield position, no point playing deep lying midfielders when we haven't taken the lead.
Would be nice to see some positive football again

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk
OMFG Addai....No no no no no no no no nooooooooooooo......makes Burges handling look world class....

FRY-CCFC

Its League 2, we've lost 50% of our games. How far down the pyramid do we fall before losing becomes unacceptable?
If O'Brien isn't shit, we're on at least 7 points and everyone is happy. We've been unlucky to lose two games and dominated the two we won (where we scored 5 goals that people have appeared to have forgotten). Just don't react like we're the best in the league when we win or the worst in the league if we lose. It's not that simple.

stevefloyd

After winning two games the title wasn't in the bag. After losing two games the season isn't over.
Very true Mr Torch, but the signs are starting to appear, hopefully we will turn this around SOON, still early days and the team are still trying to gell hopefully the best is yet to come

torchomatic

I've turned CWR off now. Can't stand the phone-in after a defeat as the demented come out to play.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Ok so our GK cocked up again ht we still conceded a second.

I'm more concerned that we aren't scoring! 3 Jodi goals on the opening game; were they lucky? McNulty V Grimsby was clearly controversial (at the time) and was scored with no GK in the goal.

Some might say 'well their GK has been MOTM today', but I don't think we tested him that much, or Atleast enough!

Too many players again haven't turned up

Don't think the stick the players got at FT was justified, nor was was the slack some fans got who chose to applaud at the end

We're 4 games in! Four!

But there's clearly a lot of improvement needed at the same time

letsallsingtogether

If O'Brien isn't shit, we're on at least 7 points and everyone is happy. We've been unlucky to lose two games and dominated the two we won (where we scored 5 goals that people have appeared to have forgotten). Just don't react like we're the best in the league when we win or the worst in the league if we lose. It's not that simple.
We're you here today?
Nothing unlucky about it could have lost by more.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Robins

How is Steve? Feeling a lot better. Speak with him daily

Today's game - disappointed

One pen shout justified and not given

For second goal handball right in front of dug outs

Scrappy play and we're opened up

Could have gone one up but didn't

Cup final for everybody

Supporters heard walking past dressing room telling us how bad it was

Got to try and take some positives

Some downright bad luck

Two pens absolute blatant - Foul on Andreu and push on McNulty

Sounds like sour grapes but isn't

Wasn't good enough for whole 90

Don't want to have to stand and talk about decisions but it's affected the outcome

We put ourselves on the back foot

I need to address that

Poor decision making for first. Obrien should have stayed at home as Stokes had it covered

Maybe last week is playing on his mind

Got to take it on the chin

Blow to lose McDonald but Hyam is an able replacement

Bitterly disappointing

Duck and Andreu started; we were lively (wouldn't single them out)

Weren't moving well enough in or around pen area

Opposition work hard against us and we have to learn to deal with that

Will work on training ground ready for Tuesday when we hope to bounce back and turn it round

Looking forward to getting back to winning ways

Any business before window closes? Unless we win the lottery I think we're done

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
2 points off third spot!

I think some expectation levels need to drop slightly, this ain't no cake walk.
On the other hand, how far off the relegation spot are we? :nailbiting:

Users who are viewing this thread