Match Thread Yeovil Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 26th Aug (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
And when (not if) he leaves, we start all over again. Everything about our club is built on sand. We need stability and need to have confidence in one manager

Yes, people have confidence when they see signs.

There's no excuse at all for Robins this season, none of the hands tied stuff.

We were 1-0 down playing with Doyle and Kelly sat in front of the defence and a massive gap to the forwards.

shmmeee

Either the problem isn't the manager, and we're just not set up for success as a club, or the problem is our board can't pick a manager for toffee and it wouldn't make any difference while they're in charge.

Nick

Administrator
Their player should have scored then too but tried to do too much.

Stokes gets absolutely nailed. Our players stand and watch. Pricks.

Last minute, we are 2-0 down and your player gets hit after the ball has gone. Get in his face FFS.

Otis

Obviously not there today, but I have had concerns about McNulty in every game so far. From reading on here he today it sounds the same thing, he snaps at shots too much and shanks them, and has been lacking a killer instinct, many of his shots going well wide, or over the bar, or indeed he has been reluctant to shoot at all.

ccfcway

I could completely understand this thread if I was a Man Utd fan used to winning.

We are CCFC fans and used to ups but a lot more downs. We are league two, with a new team and a manager trying to find out how to fit these players into a working formation. We are 4 games into a very long season and have won 50% of them.

torchomatic

I could completely understand this thread if I was a Man Utd fan used to winning.

We are CCFC fans and used to ups but a lot more downs. We are league two, with a new team and a manager trying to find out how to fit these players into a working formation. We are 4 games into a very long season and have won 50% of them.

I am with you on that. Four games in. Long way to go.

Nick

Administrator

You don't play 2 defensive midfielders when 1-0 down chasing games and then wait for it to be 2-0 before trying to change it up front.

It's pointless changing the strikers but not the midfield. Even if it is just telling Kelly or Doyle to push on.

torchomatic

no_loyalty

I hope Steve Taylor gets back soon looks like we need him

lifeskyblue

Long way to go so plenty of games to get it right. But there are worrying signs; basic keeping errors, inability to chase a game, plan B. Promotion winning teams do lose games but learn from the losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

Obviously not there today, but I have had concerns about McNulty in every game so far. From reading on here he today it sounds the same thing, he snaps at shots too much and shanks them, and has been lacking a killer instinct, many of his shots going well wide, or over the bar, or indeed he has been reluctant to shoot at all.
aGE OLD PROBLEM REARS ITS UGLY HEAD AGAIN ...NOT SCORING GOALS, WE CONCEDE HEADS DROP CONFIDENCE DISAPPEARS ....HERE WE GO AGAIN, bloody cap lock, still need a striker from what I have seen so far, we seriously lack firepower. Thing is Robins used to be a striker surely he can spot something/someone out there in football land

Somerset Sky Blue

Two shots on target, Yeovil gk man of the match.
Willis our best player for me.
Created chances - not putting them away.
Nazon looked tired - would have taken him off earlier.
We look like a top ten side - will win some of these...but not top 3 at present.
Need pace through middle up front.

AStonesThrow

Mcnulty has air shotted or plain cocked up multiple chances in every game he's played. We know Beavon doesn't score. They've had their chance. Ponticelli, Biamou and K Thomas should be given starting chances. Checkatrade coming up perfect time to try something new.
I'd like to see him start ponticelli and Thomas up front against Shrewsbury. Give addai a game, see if he knows how to actually play in goal unlike these other clowns. I'd also try Jones just behind the front two, and give him Doyle and Stevenson behind him for supply, drop kelly but push Doyle into a more solid midfield position, no point playing deep lying midfielders when we haven't taken the lead.
Would be nice to see some positive football again

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread