Match Thread Yeovil Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 26th Aug (6 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Yeovil were 3-1 up at half time last week and lost 4-3. Be a good sign of what we are up against this second half

torchomatic

Christ, there are some fucking idiots about, aren't there? Sack Robins, FFS.

Esoterica

Yes shooting is awful are losing out in midfield now, need to throw the hairdryer at them and wake them up.:(
A bit of hairdryer treatment won't change that we are set up wrong again. We're completely one dimensional in our play because our midfield pair sit so deep. From defence the easy ball goes into Kelly/Doyle, because they're both so deep they have to play wide to Jones/Duck and then they are either lumping the ball into the box to our short arses up front or cut the ball back into the top of the box where a whole line of defenders and midfielders are waiting. There's absolutely no danger at all straight down our middle. Stevenson is the change for me again this week, we need to have a midfield we can pass through. Like Newport though, if Yeovil are happy to defend a 1-0 we're going to find it very difficult to break that down now.

Otis

As sky sports just said "Yeovil leading 1-0, they will be happy with the goal, but just as delighted with the clean sheet so far"

I get the unhappy bit, but negative I don't get. Its Half time. This is where MR will earn his money.

Why, has he popped off to Ladbrokes during the interval or something?

Nick

Administrator
As sky sports just said "Yeovil leading 1-0, they will be happy with the goal, but just as delighted with the clean sheet so far"

I get the unhappy bit, but negative I don't get. Its Half time. This is where MR will earn his money.

Negative because we don't really have a knack of going from losing to winning matches. I hope we suddenly start but it will need some massive changes.

I'd say either Kelly pushing up or going off would be a start.

ccfcway

Yep, that's what I'm saying. I think it is all very negative on here for the very reason the errors have been so bad.

only a few being negative. Somerset just made a very balanced post for a supporter of a league two team

Passing has been good. Players give a damn. We won't win every game / score every shot or (as someone said on a previous thread) fail to make mistakes.
BUT - I still think the team will come out in second half and perform well, and if we are to get out of this league, we will need to come back from 1 nil a few times!

ccfcway

Negative because we don't really have a knack of going from losing to winning matches. I hope we suddenly start but it will need some massive changes..

we've had them pre season.

We've signed all of these players with an experience of getting results in league two. and have some of our own, ie, Beavon was player of the season for burton when they won league two, a great option from the bench

Nick

Administrator
we've had them. We've signed all of these players with an experience of getting results in league two. ie, Beavon was player of the season for burton when they won league two, a great option from the bench

I mean changes in this game... We are pretty deep still honking it up to a pretty small front line.

We have a great team on paper but we just aren't threatening.

Again, you wouldn't mind so much if their keeper is having the game of his life.

I'd love to be proven wrong and us win now though!

Nick

Administrator
Jones tries to knock the ball and go, goes down holding his face. Looks like he just got muscled.

Nick

Administrator
Their player goes from holding his head, to his leg to his shoulder. Gets up and walks off.

ccfcway

its going to take some time for this new team to gel and become consistent

8 of the starting 11 are new signings. Stoke and WIllis injured a lot last season and Jones didn't play too much.

letsallsingtogether

8 of the starting 11 are new signings. Stoke and WIllis injured a lot last season and Jones didn't play too much.
Hear that every season why don't other teams need to gel.
That's a cop out.

Otis

We did bring in players early this time out though. Doesn't hold as much water as it did last season.

Nick

Administrator
You are a absolute joke! ......

Good to see you back as well.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread