Yeovil can help us (1 Viewer)

steve cooper

Yeovil can help us get promotion or at least get in the playoffs, they are on a good run of form taking 7 points from the last 3 games, against us, Exeter, & Colchester. They still have to play Luton, Swindon, Stanley, Notts C, and Wycombe and after watching them yesterday who wouldn't bet on them winning some of their remaining games.
Yesterday's game was a one-off IMO, combining uncharacteristic early mistakes from our defense with Yeovil's policy to go for it and hit us early.
Results like this happen from time to time. How else do you explain a lower table team who, although they have scores 3 goals in a few games are not known particularly for their goal scoring, putting 6 past the best defense in the league, in an away game.
But most importantly we should look to Yeovil for inspiration. In their first game of the season they lost 8-2 to Luton, 2 games later they beat Stanley who have really been playing well all season.
PUSB.

Captain Dart

This blokes glass is half full.

Mucca Mad Boys

We need to sort ourselves out first and foremost. We need to chalk up wins to have a chance of autos/playoffs. No room for errors now.

Otis

Yeovil can help us get promotion or at least get in the playoffs, they are on a good run of form taking 7 points from the last 3 games, against us, Exeter, & Colchester. They still have to play Luton, Swindon, Stanley, Notts C, and Wycombe and after watching them yesterday who wouldn't bet on them winning some of their remaining games.
Yesterday's game was a one-off IMO, combining uncharacteristic early mistakes from our defense with Yeovil's policy to go for it and hit us early.
Results like this happen from time to time. How else do you explain a lower table team who, although they have scores 3 goals in a few games are not known particularly for their goal scoring, putting 6 past the best defense in the league, in an away game.
But most importantly we should look to Yeovil for inspiration. In their first game of the season they lost 8-2 to Luton, 2 games later they beat Stanley who have really been playing well all season.
PUSB.
Paxman posted the exact same thing this morning in a thread about Yeovil.

Yeovil needed the points for survival when they played us.

They got the win and are now all but safe. 11 points clear of the relegation places.

I can't see them doing us any favours at all.

Johnnythespider

PUSB.
I think you contradict yourself when you say "who can't see them winning some of their remaining games" followed immediately by the words "yesterday's game was a one off IMO". I don't think any of the teams you mention will give them a 3 goal start inside the first 15 minutes.

Otis

I think you contradict yourself when you say "who can't see them winning some of their remaining games" followed immediately by the words "yesterday's game was a one off IMO". I don't think any of the teams you mention will give them a 3 goal start inside the first 15 minutes.

Yup and we obviously mistook Easter to mean Christmas.

Fact is, City could have easily scored 4 or 5 yesterday. The 2 goals, plus we hit the bar, McNulty missed a sitter, we had one cleared off the line and McNulty had another great chance to at the near post where the keeper bundled it out for a corner.

Yeovil play like that against anyone else and they will probably lose 3 or 4-2.

Terry_dactyl

Maybe our performance against Yeovil was part of Robins’ master plan! That result will give Yeovil the confidence they need to go on and beat all of our rivals in the final few games. He took Burge off once he’d done his job and to save him for the games where he’s actually expected to catch the ball.

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

Do people really think that Yeovil will meet another team so generous in defending again this season!!! Not a chance

steve cooper

No I'm not contradicting myself, I'm not saying being beaten by Yeovil was a one-off, I'm saying them scoring 6 goals against the best defense in the division is a one-off.

Otis

No I'm not contradicting myself, I'm not saying being beaten by Yeovil was a one-off, I'm saying them scoring 6 goals against the best defense in the division is a one-off.
Has to be. They are not allowed to play us again this season. It's in the rules.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I mentioned this on the match thread but with more of a negative outlook on it all.

They've beaten us and will now open their legs to every team they play, especially as they're now pretty much safe.

Cov kid 55

some responses make you wonder why you bother posting
Steve, I think you have a point. To come to Coventry who are on a great run and score 6 goals, puts them on a real high. Let’s hope they take that optimism into their remaining games and take some points of our rivals. Keep the faith and keep posting! - there are a few negatives on here, so always good to see someone trying to put forward some positives onto a pretty dire performance.

Johnnythespider

Yes I get that Steve but you stated that based on yesterday who would bet against Yeovil beating some of our promotion rivals. My point is that yesterday, as you say was a one off, and I don't think you can predict the results of either Yeovil or us based on that game, I particularly hope it doesn't have any bearing on our upcoming games. Anyway whatever the reasons i hope you are right and Yeovil do indeed do us a few favours.

Legia Sky Blue

If there is one thing I've learned from this season it is pointless judging our upcoming performance on our last game. No 2 games are alike - I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we keep a clean sheet against Notts having just let in 6. Equally Yeovil are as likely to go scoreless, where it turns out that their game against us turned out to be that day in the season where they were super clinical.

Otis

If there is one thing I've learned from this season it is pointless judging our upcoming performance on our last game. No 2 games are alike - I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we keep a clean sheet against Notts having just let in 6. Equally Yeovil are as likely to go scoreless, where it turns out that their game against us turned out to be that day in the season where they were super clinical.
They clearly were. 7 shots on target, 6 goals.

Otis

True. But their manager thought Yeovil could easily have won 8-2 Coventry 2-6 Yeovil Town: 'It could have been eight' says Glovers boss Darren Way

I can't work that out with just 7 shots on target. Did he think they should have had a penalty too?
That annoyed me that. It's all over the Beeb League Two page.

Rather disingenuous I feel. They thoroughly deserved to win and were very clinical, but we could easily have had 5 or 6 goals ourselves and he could have been fairer in his analysis, rather than it almost appear that they should have won by an even greater margin. It just doesn't paint a true picture.

I reckon 6-5 or 6-4 would have been a fairer reflection.

Londonccfcfan

Yeovil won't lose every game. Their run in is a good thing for us as is Accrington's
They have a bit of a fixture pile up though and play 2 games a week now till end of season looking for positives, but really we need start looking at ourselves.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread