Transfer Rumour Yaya Toure training at Leyton Orient (1 Viewer)

Skybluedownunder

Currently training with Leyton Orient, has said ‘we will see’ in relation to a potential move to them... while it seems crazy you’ve only got to have a look at when Edgar Davids signed for Barnet. Would you take a punt?

Before you get the keyboard warriors start commenting getting all nasty... it’s simply just a would you question.

Me personally, I’d sign him up tomorrow. That sort of experience around the young players would be great, he’s cracking on yes but you don’t lose that quality, it would be like having a Michael Doyle around the young lads spurring them on and would be a great mentor. Joe Cole for example was a great mentor for Maddison and helped him develop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

Could you imagine if he did sign for Orient? Would be mental. I get this feeling that he’s a diva.

Terry_dactyl

Great player in his day. Not sure about his diva status. Seems to be happy enough to train with the Os, surely can’t need the money. Unless he’s spent it all on rose petals and Champaign?
I do however notice that Mario Balotelli is available and apparently about to join a Serie C side. We could partner him with Ravel Morrison!

Skybluedownunder

Great player in his day. Not sure about his diva status. Seems to be happy enough to train with the Os, surely can’t need the money. Unless he’s spent it all on rose petals and Champaign?
I do however notice that Mario Balotelli is available and apparently about to join a Serie C side. We could partner him with Ravel Morrison!

My opinion is Ravel Morrison has had many chances and just never delivered.

Yaya on the other hand is a three time premier league champion, been a captain, won champions league, la liga, African cup of nations. On his Twitter he said he wants a couple more years of playing before going into coaching. I don’t think you should look at someone and solely judge on age alone, Ronaldo is 35 and still smashing records but he’s a completely different dedicated athlete but I just can’t see why you wouldn’t take a punt on someone like that when he’s not ruling out bloody Leyton Orient

Magwitch

A great player, one of the premierships best and most inspirational and the type of player any club would want for a year ? If fit. Why not, perhaps on a pay as you play basis, he is 37 but look at Dennis Wise, Gordon Strachan and Roland Nilsson all played beyond that age all candidates for our best ever eleven, I’d have all three if I could, together, if won’t happen, not a chance.

Terry_dactyl

My opinion is Ravel Morrison has had many chances and just never delivered.

Yaya on the other hand is a three time premier league champion, been a captain, won champions league, la liga, African cup of nations. On his Twitter he said he wants a couple more years of playing before going into coaching. I don’t think you should look at someone and solely judge on age alone, Ronaldo is 35 and still smashing records but he’s a completely different dedicated athlete but I just can’t see why you wouldn’t take a punt on someone like that when he’s not ruling out bloody Leyton Orient

I’m not sure I did judge him solely on his age or rule out taking a punt on him. Although i will now...he’s 37 and almost certainly past it given that he’s struggling to find a club. A few players can continue playing but for how long? My question is if Toure is like Ronaldo why is he training with Leyton Orient? Although I did hear that Grimsby Town were planning on taking a punt on Francesco Totti and that Plymouth Argyle have exhumed Johann Cruyff because they think think he’ll be good to have around the dressing room. You know, for the young players.

Balotelli and Morrison, I was kinda joking about given their reported unruliness. But both would make more sense than signing Yaya Toure.

Last edited:

Skybluedownunder

Defo sign him midfield if we could wages this again unfortunately

Well if he’s looking at potentially going League 2 Leyton Orient who haven’t got a pot to piss in we could be with a chance if we throw our hat in the ring

D

Deleted member 4232

It's all about adding value - he would add a lot to this squad. Might not be able to play 90 minutes every week, but he is absolutely able to add value.

I'd get a shirt too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

skyblueelephant76

Well if he’s looking at potentially going League 2 Leyton Orient who haven’t got a pot to piss in we could be with a chance if we throw our hat in the ring

He's not looking at orient, he's going to play abroad but can't travel yet so is just training with them.

Users who are viewing this thread