Transfer Rumour Yasin Ayari (2 Viewers)

Briles

The owner Tony Bloom has been ahead of the curve on data scouting for years, has his own analysis company for scouts called Starlizard.

Genuinely thought that was a pisstake but yep. Great stuff

JimmyHillsbeard

They

They’re the model club for me. It’s the Brentford model on steroids.

Also went on a similar trajectory to us, albeit we have not made the prem….. yet

This is true. Somehow however both Brentford and Brighton seem to escape the general distaste for gambling money in sport.

CV3SkyBlue

He looks tidy, exactly the type of player we need tbh, more realistic chance of him than Bajcetic let's be honest, but who knows.

Last edited:

nicksar

The owner Tony Bloom has been ahead of the curve on data scouting for years, has his own analysis company for scouts called Starlizard.
That's his Betting company who bet Football games via the big Asian Bookmakers.

covcity4life

Asked whether more could head out on loan, head coach Roberto De Zerbi said: “Maybe Ayari and we will see about Steven Alzate and Facundo Buonanotte.

“I would like to give them, give all players, the right space, but the rules of football mean you can only play 11 players.”

covcity4life

He said: “I would like Ayari to have the possibility of playing 50-55 games.

“It’s not my job to decide where he should play, but I would like that because he has the quality to come back and to play to find space in the future with me, without me.

covcity4life

In some respects, Ayari is more advanced than Caicedo was during the Ecuadorian’s settling-in period at the Amex Stadium. De Zerbi has already used him in the first team, making late substitute appearances in wins against Grimsby Town in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, and in the league at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers and away to Bournemouth.

With a place in the Europa League secured, Ayari was handed a full debut by the Italian in last month’s closing 2-1 defeat at Aston Villa. It was a tough introduction playing alongside Mac Allister, and he was replaced at half-time with Caicedo as Villa clinched a spot in the Europa Conference League by finishing a place below Brighton in seventh.

Ayari doesn’t face the same language barrier Caicedo encountered — while the South American barely spoke a word of English when he signed, he is fluent in English as well as Swedish and Arabic.

He is looking to build on a promising start once 2023-24 kicks off on the second weekend in August. Speaking to Swedish newspaper Sportbladet, he said: “Next year we might play up to 60 games in a whole season. Then you need a lot of players that you can rotate, because you get tired and worn out from so many matches and trips.

hopeful that Ayari will enhance their reputation in Sweden as a production line for talent.

Alexander Isak — who also began his career at AIK — was exceptional for Newcastle United in the Premier League last season after signing for a club-record £60million from Spain’s Real Sociedad in August. Ten goals in 22 league games from the 23-year-old forward helped Eddie Howe’s side qualify for the Champions League. Robin Quaison, another AIK academy graduate, played for Palermo in Italy and Germany’s Mainz. Now with Al Ettifaq in Saudi Arabia, the 29-year-old forward has been capped 47 times by Sweden.

Wennberg sees a bright future for Ayari both at club level and on the international stage, believing his style is better suited to the top level in England than the Allsvenskan, its Swedish equivalent.

“It’s a huge jump,” Wennberg says. “In the Premier League, it’s an open game — tempo, fighting; in Sweden, it’s more tactical and not so much about the pace. That’s something we need to develop on a bigger scale. The tempo is slow, everybody seeks control. It’s more of a defensive approach to everything, so Yasin’s style is more suited to the Premier League than Allsvenskan.

“Yasin will play in that (Brighton way). For De Zerbi and Brighton, it’s a perfect match, so right now it’s up to Yasin to take steps, to progress and take opportunities when he gets them.”

Frostie

Why do you say that? Both it being legit and in terms of terrific signing. U seen him play?
Heard his name linked a few times now. Brighton are looking to loan him out, we've obviously had a couple of very successful loans from them in the recent past & in terms of style he would fit well.

I'm not going to label a 19 year old as a "Hamer replacement" but what will definitely appeal is, like Gus, he can do a bit of everything. Creates, chips in with goals but also is all action & heavily involved in winning the ball back too.

shmmeee

Heard his name linked a few times now. Brighton are looking to loan him out, we've obviously had a couple of very successful loans from them in the recent past & in terms of style he would fit well.

I'm not going to label a 19 year old as a "Hamer replacement" but what will definitely appeal is, like Gus, he can do a bit of everything. Creates, chips in with goals but also is all action & heavily involved in winning the ball back too.

Most importantly is he going to ping 40 yard cross field balls?

shmmeee

Yes. Similar to Hamer in that he's not overly concerned about his pass completion, he'll happily take on the risky, creative passes.

Lets Go Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island

Users who are viewing this thread