Match Thread Wycombe (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Does anyone know how many set piece goals we scored last season? I can only remember 2 Westbrooke v Oxford direct FK and Rose v Rochdale from a corner

This season already scored 5 (though one is when Dabo had a shot parried)

Brighton Sky Blue

Does anyone know how many set piece goals we scored last season? I can only remember 2 Westbrooke v Oxford direct FK and Rose v Rochdale from a corner

Ostigard being a beast in the air combined with Hamer's quality of delivery has made it more interesting when we get a few of those.

TomRad85

Hyam vs Gillingham

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SBAndy

Are we counting Rose’s goal away at Pompey from McCallum’s long throw?

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Would you genuinely argue with those two being sub-standard?

I would add McCallum in who has been very poor in my opinion for a few games. I also think Walker should be doing better, regardless of this 'isolation' people talk about.

The rest of the team I'm very impressed with though. Dabo is doing really well despite the fact he was coming back from injury and a bit out of form it seems. He's played through that. Got to give credit to Biamou as well. I felt, particularly today, that he showed a few players up with his grit and determination.
Personally I think Walker and McCallum have been pretty good for us but I didnt watch the game so I don’t know how the players played apart from Kelly because he got 2 goals

Sky Blue Harry H

Not too worried about Forest and Sheffield W. right now. I’m watching teams like Brum, Preston & Millwall

Long old season, Forest, Derby and possibly Wednesday will try and buy their way out of trouble in January if at all possible, so I want as big a gap as possible before any of them strengthen. That said, it will be hard for the likes of Sheff Wed to recruit strongly when they're bottom of the league.

Sick Boy

I’m a bit more optimistic, Sheff Wednesday and Preston away are both winnable. PNE’s home record has been shocking.

Our home record has been decent, so I’m hoping we can pick up points against Huddersfield and Stoke.

Our defensive record has also drastically improved too, we’ve only conceded 1 goal from open play in the last 7 games. Massive turn around.
And they’d look at our away form and say it’s shite.

Mucca Mad Boys

And they’d look at our away form and say it’s shite.

They're 20th in the home table and we're 20th in the away one. Frankly, our away form flatters to deceive a little bit because we have played a few of the top teams away.

That, and we're now 4rd in the form table and only conceded 1 goal in 7 games from open play. We're in a position to push up the table for the New Year.

(EDIT: 4rd because we're joint 4th in the form table...)

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

They're 20th in the home table and we're 20th in the away one. Frankly, our away form flatters to deceive a little bit because we have played a few of the top teams away.

That, and we're now 4rd in the form table and only conceded 1 goal in 7 games from open play. We're in a position to push up the table for the New Year.

4rd? What black magic is this?

Mucca Mad Boys

4rd? What black magic is this?

We're joint 3rd, so I originally typed '3rd' but forgot to change 'rd' to 'th' for 4th...

I'm pretty sure I referred to Godden as Gooden for months because autocorrect on my phone recognises Gooden as an actual word... Oops.

Sky Blue Harry H

My one concern about the Sheffield Wednesday game is the fact that they will benefit from the extra day's rest this time (i.e. play Forest on the Tuesday) One good thing about that game is that it will feel like a can't lose for both teams, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a red card or two dished out. Draw would be a good result for us (or a Wednesday loss). Injuries and cards galore please.

As a side note, injuries seem to be kicking in a lot around in the leagues. Some clubs will be desperate to get bodies in during the window. I reckon we'll recall Eccles (and possibly Drysdale)

robbiethemole

quite a fair assessment of the game from one of their fans, unlike most others, :-

However, it also has to be said the ref did award us a soft pen and, if truth be told, it didn't look like we would get back into the game at that point otherwise.

Coventry seemed to be managing the two game lead well, and only let us back into the game in the final 20 mins when they struggled to deal with Bayo and Wheeler in the air. They really impress me every time we play them in fact. Extremely well organised, difficult to score against, and seem to know precisely how to turn the dial at the right moment to convert a short spell of pressure into a goal. A very efficient team that appear very well coached from a tactical perspective.

Brighton Sky Blue

quite a fair assessment of the game from one of their fans, unlike most others, :-

However, it also has to be said the ref did award us a soft pen and, if truth be told, it didn't look like we would get back into the game at that point otherwise.

Coventry seemed to be managing the two game lead well, and only let us back into the game in the final 20 mins when they struggled to deal with Bayo and Wheeler in the air. They really impress me every time we play them in fact. Extremely well organised, difficult to score against, and seem to know precisely how to turn the dial at the right moment to convert a short spell of pressure into a goal. A very efficient team that appear very well coached from a tactical perspective.

Can’t argue with that

Frostie

Can't be right, Robins is "brainless" according to our own fans.

Users who are viewing this thread