Match Thread Wycombe (2 Viewers)

SeaSeeEffCee

The game turned with the penalty decision. It was never a pen in my eyes, the player was waiting for the contact so he could go down. After that they knew the ref was going to blow up the second anyone hit the deck. Our heads seemed to completely go as soon as they got back into it, which wasn't helped at all by Kelly's injury. Fingers crossed he's not out long because we look much worse defensively without him.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I am. Still doesn’t mean some players weren’t objectively bad.

Exactly.

I'm really happy with the win. It's a very important 3 points I think.

I would say my reservations over certain players are becoming more and more clear each week.

Some incredible performances today and some shocking ones too.

Tommo1993

Same as last week. Had a bad feeling but we came out winners. Add to that a below average performance, there are positives.

Chip Batch

Get the fuck in. Robins poor I’m afraid.

Brainless playing Shipley ahead of Hamer. And Baka ahead of Max.?...lost the plot.
Giving them a break I think. He said about players being fatigued midweek. Hardly lost the plot. We were poor first half but decent second half and should have scored one or two more which would have taken any nerves out of it at the end.

Skybluefaz

I didn't even come into the season as a Shipley 'hater' but my God, at this level he offers absolutely nothing.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I've described him as a luxury player before because to be effective you have to get him the ball in and around the box, he's no way near good enough to make that kind of concession for though. Would be a special team player in the NFL.

Magwitch

Well that turned out to be tough, losing Kelly seemed to affect us but again it was our final ball letting us down a number of times second half we were that one decent pass from creating a good chance to score. I try not to criticise MR but his Bakayoko substitution baffles me what was his role meant to be. But it’s three points in the bag that’s the important thing.

larry_david

Weird because they were gung ho with 30 mins to go. It was end to end and a better attacking team than cov puts 4 past them today. We are not clinical. Hamer should score from that left foot, nearly scored from the ridiculous but we need to be clinical. Giles would have stretched them.

Walker looked shattered with 25 to go
Sheaf did fuck all but give away a stupid pen
Hamer was awesome.
Dabo was awesome.
O hare much better.
Max looked fuming baka came on in front of him.
Baka... He just doesn't want the ball does he. Every time he's one touch laying it off. Lack of confidence clearly.
Osti leaps about 25 ft everytime. Incredible.
I don't care how we beat Wycombe but we all joked Wycombe are 6 points this season, I'm delighted to get 3 here. Away win as well.
That late equaliser I've not felt so angry in a long long long time. Infact I even thought their protests protests was part of the celebrations

Mcbean

Good win - got away with one - I think the same as some above he played Baka and Shipley to rest Hamer and Biamou for the midweek game

clint van damme

Shipley and Baka must be on borrowed time. I refuse to believe Robins can't see it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'm sure he can see it, it's having the budget to replace them. I'd pretty much guarantee neither is on great money so do you take a punt on another lower league player or is it a case of better the devil you know?
If we can get back to the Ricoh on a decent length deal next year the club might be able to start putting a more competitive wage structure in place, can't see it happening while we're at St. Andrews.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm sure he can see it, it's having the budget to replace them. I'd pretty much guarantee neither is on great money so do you take a punt on another lower league player or is it a case of better the devil you know?
If we can get back to the Ricoh on a decent length deal next year the club might be able to start putting a more competitive wage structure in place, can't see it happening while we're at St. Andrews.

If Baka isn't willing to put the work in he's no good to us, would sooner try Bapaga as a 4th striker than carry Baka as a passenger

LilleSkyBlue

Players drifting away from Akinfenwa at the very end as he centred it for their player to shoot. It looked like we were scared of him and had decided to just let him win it. Maybe he's better than I 'm giving him credit for.

The resulting goal didn't look offside at all - I hope a still shot shows otherwise.

Bakayoko really poor. I've never seen anything in him but have hoped to be proven wrong every time he plays. Away at Charlton, granted. That Fleetwood goal where he went in on the 'keeper. Not much else.

Kelly, Ostigard, O'Hare, G.Hamer and Biamou all up to scratch. Plenty of bright spots despite my negative tone. Sporadic quality moves and a solid defence till they started bricking it at Akinfenwa.

Sheaf not great. He looks just marginally out of his depth most games, though you can see there's a player there.

I feel that should have been 2-2 because we bottled it.

Sky Blue Harry H

Robins need a word with himself regarding Shipley.

He knows the player well - there was clearly something wrong with him today. Injury/ill - MR will know, but really? 'MR needs to have a word with himself'? . We all know he's hit a bit of poor form, but today I'm not including because clearly something was amiss.

Liquid Gold

I've described him as a luxury player before because to be effective you have to get him the ball in and around the box, he's no way near good enough to make that kind of concession for though. Would be a special team player in the NFL.
He's basically a shadow striker. I like him running at goal and taking pot shots, stretching the defence by getting ahead of the striker. I think he's not goo enough at a lot of things to be a proper midfielder. His real problem is O'Hare is the much better player and player that shadow role.

larry_david

Players drifting away from Akinfenwa at the very end as he centred it for their player to shoot. It looked like we were scared of him and had decided to just let him win it. Maybe he's better than I 'm giving him credit for.

The resulting goal didn't look offside at all - I hope a still shot shows otherwise.

Bakayoko really poor. I've never seen anything in him but have hoped to be proven wrong every time he plays. Away at Charlton, granted. That Fleetwood goal where he went in on the 'keeper. Not much else.

Kelly, Ostigard, O'Hare, G.Hamer and Biamou all up to scratch. Plenty of bright spots despite my negative tone. Sporadic quality moves and a solid defence till they started bricking it at Akinfenwa.

Sheaf not great. He looks just marginally out of his depth most games, though you can see there's a player there.

Bayo won pretty much everything. I agree he's shite but anything he didn't win was mopped up by them. They'll go down but it's their weapon. Their equaliser Sam was left with bayo and that looped header baka stood in awe and watched

mr_monkey

But it wasn't and we won, 7 games unbeaten and 8 points clear of the relagation zone... Fuck me people just want to be negative don't they

Londonccfcfan

He knows the player well - there was clearly something wrong with him today. Injury/ill - MR will know, but really? 'MR needs to have a word with himself'? . We all know he's hit a bit of poor form, but today I'm not including because clearly something was amiss.
In previous match live game he was subbed at half time. With no injury

Users who are viewing this thread