Wycombe to survive ? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Apparently EFL are waiting for result in their appeal against Derby’s successful appeal regards point deduction, Wycombe are challenging if appeal is successful any points deduction should be this season not next. Legal expert on radio reckons Wycombe has a case as had Derby not succeeded in their appeal any point deduction would have happened this season as it has to Sheffield Wednesday.

Evo1883

Wycombe chairman after getting a 1 in a million 2 years in row
giphy.gif

Winny the Bish

The EFL have won that appeal. A sanction now needs to be decided.

'We are told that Derby - owned by Mel Morris - did not follow accepted practice by including the depreciation of player assets in their accounts. Sources say that removed losses in excess of £30million over a three-year period.'

slowpoke

Fuck Wycombe, it should come off next season, and it should be 20 points minimum.
I think that’s the EFL idea but I don’t blame Wycombe for challenging that. Trouble is if there is any point deduction for Derby like Sheffield Wednesday it will be appealed and halved.

chiefdave

I think that’s the EFL idea but I don’t blame Wycombe for challenging that. Trouble is if there is any point deduction for Derby like Sheffield Wednesday it will be appealed and halved.
Wycombes argument will presumably be that they are being disadvantaged as Derby broke the rules but wouldn't that open up a can of worms given we're talking about multiple seasons. Couldn't Middlesborough then make the same argument they should have been in the 2018/19 play-offs?

skybluesam66

Wycombes argument will presumably be that they are being disadvantaged as Derby broke the rules but wouldn't that open up a can of worms given we're talking about multiple seasons. Couldn't Middlesborough then make the same argument they should have been in the 2018/19 play-offs?
if that means relegating villa , Im in

Brighton Sky Blue

Well the point is that the deduction would have been applied this season as that's when the appeal was lodged.

Danceswithhorses

I'd like to see a Derby points deduction...same points deducted as Shef Wed (6 points ?)...I believe both were for accounting errors ?
Derby didn't amortise their players values (in order to lessen losses), and iirc, Shef Wed tried to put their ground sale through a year early (to lessen losses)
But just watch the EFL wimp out and hand Derby a small fine, and blow consistency out of the water.

Last edited:

slowpoke

EFL are in a bit of a dilemma which could well in up the law courts which ever decision they come to.

jim20

They have to be careful, as if they don’t deduct points it sets a precedent for next time, they need to be consistent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread