Wycombe game live on SKY - oh dear (1 Viewer)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I'm more concerned about how embarrassing it will be for those watching having just seen Wycombe against spurs.

It's got Crewe written all over it again but with a large crowd there it could get very messy.

westofrayne

This all assumes there is no fire sale in the next few days of anybody that will command any money. After transfer window closes we might not enough players to field a team!!

Usually I would be attending but TBH a 4 hour round trip form Essex to watch us get caned again does not seem too appealing at the moment.

Otis

Maybe this one might suit us though. The way it has now turned out and with Wycombe in such a good run of form, we are almost the underdog.

Especially will be if we fail to win next week against Millwall, while Wycombe themselves achieve another good result.

My main worry is the availability of players for this game.

No Willis, or Clarke, or Foley, or Rawson, or Vernam.

westofrayne

Maybe this one might suit us though. The way it has now turned out and with Wycombe in such a good run of form, we are almost the underdog.

Especially will be if we fail to win next week against Millwall, while Wycombe themselves achieve another good result.

My main worry is the availability of players for this game.

No Willis, or Clarke, or Foley, or Rawson, or Vernam.

and thats without selling anybody in the next 3 days, as I said we might not be able to field a full squad on that day, if we do the bench might have to go home at half time as its passed their bedtime.

Otis

and thats without selling anybody in the next 3 days, as I said we might not be able to field a full squad on that day, if we do the bench might have to go home at half time as its passed their bedtime.
Akinfenwa v Cian Harries anyone?

Just watched the Spurs game. They don't half have some big big buggers this Wycombe team.

samccov1987

If the various factions could pull together this would be a perfect opportunity for a dignified protest.

Rally by Jimmy Hill prior to the game, invite press, BBC, Sky e.t.c explain the need for the owners to sell up due to lack of investment and potential lack of a home next year.

Then go in and support the team for 90 minutes regardless of how we're playing. Show that the support is still here if and when new owners arrive.

Smuggle in anti sisu, anti fa, anti football league banners. So they're seen throughout the game.

Football in this country is rotten especially outside the premier league. Highlight the failure of the authority's to deal with the issues in today's game.

Should be the biggest attendance of the season and with cheap tickets plenty of kids there. Let's use the opportunity to protest but in a dignified manner. Completely understand the anger and won't condemn anyone whose been on the pitch recently but let's try a positive protest.

Pusb

Dazmataz

If the various factions could pull together this would be a perfect opportunity for a dignified protest.

Rally by Jimmy Hill prior to the game, invite press, BBC, Sky e.t.c explain the need for the owners to sell up due to lack of investment and potential lack of a home next year.

Then go in and support the team for 90 minutes regardless of how we're playing. Show that the support is still here if and when new owners arrive.

Smuggle in anti sisu, anti fa, anti football league banners. So they're seen throughout the game.

Football in this country is rotten especially outside the premier league. Highlight the failure of the authority's to deal with the issues in today's game.

Should be the biggest attendance of the season and with cheap tickets plenty of kids there. Let's use the opportunity to protest but in a dignified manner. Completely understand the anger and won't condemn anyone whose been on the pitch recently but let's try a positive protest.

Pusb

I would love to see this happen, but in reality putting the game on sky is like a red rag to a bull, our fans will just see it as an opportunity to make their point to Sisu with the nation watching. I feel like we're more likely to see a repeat of yesterday.

Otis

Pusb
Exactly.

We need to support the team for 90 mins. No disruption, no smoke bombs, no pitch invasions.

Yep, protest at the statue pre game, sit in at full time, protest at full time, make feelings known, chantSisu out, but don't do anything to disrupt the game itself.

When there is 9,000 there a few people going on to the pitch is not too big a problem, but I am concerned that if we had 20,000 there and a few went on you'd have more than a thousand go on to join them and not all with the best intentions.

You then have player safety at risk and someone could easily get hurt.

We did the pitch protest and it got the publicity. We did the whistles, which I think was a good idea. I even liked the coffin thing.

Let's be more inventive and keep the profile going, but let's not risk points deductions and abandonments etc.

Let's try not to hurt the team out on the pitch.

withnail

Pusb
Agreed, but still not there with pitch invasions for me.
The dignified one with the people walking on and displaying a banner for a short time then leaving (like the last tv one with the skull and crossbows flag)...is potentially ok
The trouble is the entourage of yobs running about with their arms in the air and big stupid grins on their faces.
There's nothing to grin about
This club is dieing
All they do is end up being shown on sky making us look like a bunch of meat heads
That's the exposure that we end up getting, yobs with flares and arms in the air running round like children

Otis

Agreed, but still not there with pitch invasions for me.
The dignified one with the people walking on and displaying a banner for a short time then leaving (like the last tv one with the skull and crossbows flag)...is potentially ok
The trouble is the entourage of yobs running about with their arms in the air and big stupid grins on their faces.
There's nothing to grin about
This club is dieing
All they do is end up being shown on sky making us look like a bunch of meat heads
That's the exposure that we end up getting, yobs with flares and arms in the air running round like children
Well yep, it's a fine balance. The Sheff Utd protest was calm and peaceful, at least when they entered the field of play anyway.

Yesterday, pics like of that big guy holding a smoke bomb, just come across as aggressive and thuggish.

Can easily get out of hand.

The last thing we need is big blokes going out on the pitch waving their arms about looking aggressive and like things can get out of hand.

Against Sheff U the fans that went on were calmly walking about and even shaking players and stewards hands.

That's fine. Confrontation with stewards and police I don't think is the way forwards.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
The simplest solution to me would be those SISU out t-shirts at £5-6 each, have every fan wear them and at the start of the game, take off jackets etc and have the whole ground a sea of blue SISU out along with chanting.
Then on with supporting the game.

Loudest message we could give of unity.

ecky

I would love to see this happen, but in reality putting the game on sky is like a red rag to a bull, our fans will just see it as an opportunity to make their point to Sisu with the nation watching. I feel like we're more likely to see a repeat of yesterday.
I think sky know that but it's an excellent opportunity to get national coverage

Sky Blue Harry H

Nice if we could win the game and get to Wembley?

The knock on worry for me is if we're a couple of goals down, or losing right near the end, then the 'yob' element who turn up for this as a one off, and don't normally go will be all up for chaos - then the rgular fans and team have to suffer the consequences going forward.
If we were to pick up a points deduction for pitch invasions to kick off next season, where do people think we will finish in League 2 (with say a -10 start?) I know what I think - and would players want to join us. We have to find a smarter way. Protests - YES. Pitch invasions - NO.
Oh. and for me, it would be great to concentrate on supporting the team for this one.

fellatio_Martinez

The simplest solution to me would be those SISU out t-shirts at £5-6 each, have every fan wear them and at the start of the game, take off jackets etc and have the whole ground a sea of blue SISU out along with chanting.

Woah, that'll really send them for the hills!

A clear message has already been sent to Sisu, the media and other fans. It's quite evident that the latter two don't really give a fuck and even if they did, what could they do?

Sisu will be here until the day the accounts team tell them it's not worth it. They are an emotionless, inhuman entity.

All this talk of making a scene and sending a message is the stuff of Hollywood. It doesn't work in real life.

Otis

The knock on worry for me is if we're a couple of goals down, or losing right near the end, then the 'yob' element who turn up for this as a one off, and don't normally go will be all up for chaos - then the rgular fans and team have to suffer the consequences going forward.
If we were to pick up a points deduction for pitch invasions to kick off next season, where do people think we will finish in League 2 (with say a -10 start?) I know what I think - and would players want to join us. We have to find a smarter way. Protests - YES. Pitch invasions - NO.
Oh. and for me, it would be great to concentrate on supporting the team for this one.
-10 point start?

Relegated.

M&B Stand

Anarchist

westofrayne

Yes protest, but stay off the pitch, the team need the support, do we want a day out at Wembley? I dream (amongst other things :angelic:) of going back there to watch City, taking my 74 YO father that missed out on a ticket in 87 and my two kids who are both ST holders but lived in Essex their whole lives. What chance have we got getting their in the future??

Even without a points deduction we will have a squad based on breaking even at L2 level, made up of academy players and loans, I can't see us above half way, more likely fighting to stay up. (This is based on 49 years following City, how many times in all those years have we finished above half way in the league?)

With a -10 points total to start the season, it might go one of 2 ways, struggle with bottom 2 for the whole season or as per the season we started with -10, siege mentally sets in and the team pulls together to make up the points and finish mid table.

joemercersaces

[/QUOTE]

Agree with everything except this. The corruption starts with the obscene levels of money generated by the Premier League. I personally long for the day when the unsustainable bubble bursts.

Hobo

I don't think yesterday was all about protest. I think there was a small minority that had confused emotions over 1) Protesting 2) Dislike for Sixfields due to us being moved there. 3) Seeking revenge for Northampton fans attacking the Old Fella in Coventry.

Yes it turned into a bit of a thugs day out.

Warwickhunt

The FA will make us play it behind closed doors because it is being televised

covcity4life

Same day as champions league. Why sky push for this?

We will be going oit. And not dure crowd will be as big as first thought if we keep losing in league.

withnail

I may be remembering this wrong but when there was the pitch invasion at the sheff utd game i don't remember the added time bored going up at the end of the game
Then yesterday there was also no time added board at the end of the game (there was in the first half) and the match time on the score board vanished around 85 mins.

I wonder if this is some kind of fa directive of maybe I was just so engrossed by our attacking finess that i wasnt paying attention enough.

Users who are viewing this thread