Wycombe fans view (1 Viewer)

DannyThomas_1981

I thought Shipley was underrated too. But, I'd still maintain Bayliss is the better player and think Bayliss would've developed nicely under MR this season - but, it's irrelevant now. MR knows how to nurture the talent we have, he had a plan for fringe players like Westbrook, Hyam and McCallum and his transfer policy in signing younger players has been vindicated.

Long may it continue.
Agree with all of this. '10 Bags' Bayliss would be very suited to the formation we are playing this season. He was not suited to last season's 4-4-2. On saying that no guarantees that Tom would be a starter every week given the high level performances of Kelly/Walsh/Shipley/Westbrooke and with Allen and O'Hare waiting in the wings. Shows how much we have improved our midfield since last year.

cc84cov

Agree with all of this. '10 Bags' Bayliss would be very suited to the formation we are playing this season. He was not suited to last season's 4-4-2. On saying that no guarantees that Tom would be a starter every week given the high level performances of Kelly/Walsh/Shipley/Westbrooke and with Allen and O'Hare waiting in the wings. Shows how much we have improved our midfield since last year.
Agree here playing him where Zain or Shipley are would be perfect for Bayliss

Mucca Mad Boys

Our current system gives Shipley and Westbrook a lot of freedom to attack and I’m very confident Bayliss would have thrived in that setup because that was the strongest part of his game.

We’re doing well, and if we can pick up some more away wins we will surely finish in the Top 6 with a chance of promotion. I’d take that.

Users who are viewing this thread