Wtf has happened to the internet (1 Viewer)

Kieranp96

Internet fuxked, home. WiFi down data struggling and most of the servers from Facebook to xbox all offline.

Nick

Administrator
Facebook down. Powers a hell of a lot of the internet even without you realising

Sbarcher

KimK got a glass of wine on her arse again?

Kieranp96

My WiFi is acting crazy aswell xbox went down cod servers kicked off idk whats happening but its not just Facebook

shmmeee

Haha sounds just like the company I work for, phoned up for tech support while on site the other day. Was advised to do a power cycle. Asked exactly what they wanted me to, turn it off and on again.

Took a digital fault finding module as part of my EE apprenticeship. Genuinely told three of the main problems are:

- RAM needs resetting: turn it off and on again
- Dust between the contacts: blow in it
- Loose connection: hit it

Liquid Gold

It he nutters on Twitter are still going

So far I’ve heard that it’s the left taking over the systems, the right taking over the systems, Facebook giving all your data to the government (they already do mate) then the standard 5g nonsense.

Tommo1993

Mrs works with broadband complaints. Their call queue went from 6 to 66 in the space of 15mins, almost all of them complaining that WhatsApp etc wasn’t working. Silly, silly people.

Nick

Administrator
Looks like somebody made a network change and they can't get back in to fix it.

An issue with how IP addresses are announced.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Hope that's true.

Facebook is a cancer on society.
Wouldn't it be bloody brilliant if Facebook never came back. Imagine the hysteria losing 1500 friends you never really had.

skyblue1991

For those that know networking, a network engineer made a configuration changes that inadvertently caused the IP addresses of the Facebook servers to not be advertised in BGP (routing protocol used by the Internet)

Because they are unreachable remotely they have to send data centre engineers to manually tweak what is needed to bring the servers back online

Could be down for a while yet... Whoever made that network change is fucked!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread