Wright - Simms - Sakamoto (1 Viewer)

skybluecam

After yesterday I believe this is clearly our best front 3. Wright looks far more dangerous coming in from the left, and Simms offers more all round compared to Godden.

I’d like to see us stick with it till the end of the season (fitness issues aside). Simms hasn't started more than 4 games in a row since October. Our central striker doesn’t even need to be prolific- the tactics seem to be creating more chances from wide and deep.

Astute

After yesterday I believe this is clearly our best front 3. Wright looks far more dangerous coming in from the left, and Simms offers more all round compared to Godden.

I’d like to see us stick with it till the end of the season (fitness issues aside). Simms hasn't started more than 4 games in a row since October. Our central striker doesn’t even need to be prolific- the tactics seem to be creating more chances from wide and deep.
Glad to see that you've had a change of mind on Simms.

What you could also add is that Simms also helps out in defence.

skybluecam

Glad to see that you've had a change of mind on Simms.

What you could also add is that Simms also helps out in defence.
I mean I think we need to look to recruit another striker in the summer. But I do think an extended run of games might help his confidence.

Astute

I mean I think we need to look to recruit another striker in the summer. But I do think an extended run of games might help his confidence.
Which is what many of us have been saying for most of the season. Just his presence worries defences. I'm happy to have him in the middle with 2 or more defenders on him that gives the other players more space.

JSL

Agree with all the above. The key to the those three being the best front three is if Sako stays fit. Wright could possibly fill his place if he got injured in the right but who would then fill the left? Could JDS do a job there or are we reliant on KP but he is also cover if COH gets injured which as someone above has said, is no coincidence that our form has surged since he returned from injury and would be a loss. Sako and COH are key players to this team working well IMO

Alkhen

Goals will come for Simms. Trouble is we just don't set up to play balls through to a central striker as we did last season. Everyone has struggled there, but it doesn't really matter when the other attackers are taking players on and scoring themselves. As mentioned Simms puts in a shift defensively and because of his size he occupies defenders.

I have a feeling Torp might be the key to getting the no.9 scoring as he seems able to pick a defence splitting pass, something we have lacked since Hamer left.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

A bit of an insult towards Wright and Sakamoto who have been a big part of our resurgence this season (as well as the formation change).

A bit of defensive work we all appreciate, and he has shown a bit more willingness, but his job is to score goals and be a nuisance in attack. Simms hasn't shown enough to take that striker role really, and across the season he's a pretty dissapointing signing all in all, even if some fans don't want to hear it. Of course he needs be given more time, he's very young, but let's keep our feet on the ground. He's a better option than Godden currently, but that's an entirely different thing. Godden seems to have fallen off a cliff.

If we can sign a decent striker in the summer and give Simms a chance to build himself up, that's probably the best option in all honesty.

Mucca Mad Boys

They are all benefitting from a fit COH being a regular. The club’s improvement in form coincides with COH returning to the side.
There is no doubt he has improved us, but we were performing well before he came into the side.

Bearing in mind COH has 2 assists and 7 goals, I think COH has probably benefitted from the players around him rather than the other way round.

That’s taking nothing away from COH, he’s added level or 3 to his finishing and he’s put in some brilliant individual performances.

hamertime

I don’t think we improved because simms came on, it was because Bobby Thomas came on. Simms did well defensively against Millwall but to say he should be starting i don’t think so.

Alkhen

I don’t think we improved because simms came on, it was because Bobby Thomas came on. Simms did well defensively against Millwall but to say he should be starting i don’t think so.
Who then?

Nobody looks good in that top spot. It can't be a coincidence.

hamertime

Who then?

Im 100% sure we didn’t improve because Simms came on. Millwall were always going to tire. Eccles was dropping too deep to play the ball out. With Thomas coming on he did that naturally then it basically allowed the team to move up the pitch quicker with Lati in midfield. He could of just swapped Lati for Thomas the same thing would of happened.

I would start the same team as Milwall but just swap Lati and binks for Thomas and kitchen.

Alkhen

Im 100% sure we didn’t improve because Simms came on. Millwall were always going to tire. Eccles was dropping too deep to play the ball out. With Thomas coming on he did that naturally then it basically allowed the team to move up the pitch quicker with Lati in midfield. He could of just swapped Lati for Thomas the same thing would of happened.

I would start the same team as Milwall but just swap Lati and binks for Thomas and kitchen.
So play Wright out of his most effective position.

Hertsccfc

Who then?

Wright has looked fine there. Problem is we need him on the left but when in the centre he has looked much better than Simms or Godden and he has scored goals from there. I would be inclined to play Palmer there or line up as we started on Sunday, subject to fitness.

Alkhen

Just fecking play Simms who we paid good money for! Palmer is good but now ist the time for experimenting. Clearly a player in there just woefully unconfident. Might as well give him time to play into form whilst the other attackers, Wright, Tats and O'Hare are in form and playing well.

Hertsccfc

Just fecking play Simms who we paid good money for! Palmer is good but now ist the time for experimenting. Clearly a player in there just woefully unconfident. Might as well give him time to play into form whilst the other attackers, Wright, Tats and O'Hare are in form and playing well.
We have done 35 times and he's scored 4 goals. One every 420 minutes. How about giving him a rest?

On Sunday for the first time he impressed me. But I think playing in every game hasn't helped him one bit. As you say he has no confidence.

hamertime

So play Wright out of his most effective position.
He can score from anywhere as he gets
in to good positions. When teams tire he is more effective wide I’d put him there later on if needed.

I don’t think Simms deserves to start.

Matt smith

Think it’ll be this tomorrow

Saka Palmer Wright
Simms

San Francisco

To credit Simms he was key to beating Leicester. The moment he stepped on the tables turned in our favour. All in all though he's been disappointing. Not enough goals and good performances for the money spent.

Such a shame EMC got loaned back out to Posh, could've done with someone different in that position.

hamertime

To credit Simms he was key to beating Leicester. The moment he stepped on the tables turned in our favour. All in all though he's been disappointing. Not enough goals and good performances for the money spent.

Such a shame EMC got loaned back out to Posh, could've done with someone different in that position.
Lol I’d say O’hare was key to beating Leicester buddy. Take him out that team we don’t win.

Users who are viewing this thread