Match Thread Wrexham FA Cup match (1 Viewer)

Tommo1993

I think that's a bit extreme, I agree there are many players that aren't Championship standard but struggling in L2?

Do you not remember the dross in L2?

Dabo, Rose, Waghorn & Taveres (maybe) would do a half decent job in L1.

Kelly's playing days are over.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Disagree totally about Waghorn.

Otis

One thing that peed me off last night and it's something they definitely need a rule change on, was that deliberate bringing down of Kelly when he was clean through.

They simply have to make that sort of thing a red card offence. Who isn't going to deploy that if it saves a goal and you only end up with a yellow card for it?

Has to be red. To me it's a nonsense. As it stands, a player can make an honest challenge for a ball, miss time the tackle, catch the man and get a red card, yet, a cynical and deliberate bringing down or pulling down a player just because he's gotten away from you and could end up in a goal, only gets a yellow.

It's ludicrous.

Probably wouldn't have made any difference to the game last night and this is a general moan, because I hate it every time it happens and it happens an awful lot in the modern game.

Change it to a red card offence and stop this nonsense.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Today had nothing to do with money. It was purely tactical and decision making

Mark Robins just doesn't take cup games seriously.

lord_garrincha

One positive.... Huddersfield lost as well which means we're both free on 4th round day to catch up with the missed game from the start of the season without putting further pressure on a depleted squad.
Is there any possibility to change it on that Saturday? I can't see many against it on both sides.

pusbccfc

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Fair play to Wrexham. They had a go and didn't just sit back once they took the lead. They did the old gamesmaship of having cramp and timewasting near the end, which annoys you as afan on the opposite side but are livid if your own team don't do exactly that in the same position.

They had decent crosses and people in the box attacking them, something we've looked totally incapable of for some time. But we also look incapable of defending them so that should tell the coaching team that we're totally inadequate all round at that part of the game.

If I'd been a neutral watching that it'd have been an amazing game. Bu I'm not so I didn't enjoy it.

I thought we'd rested too many starters seeing the team and would've preferred starters we could hopefully take off. But if you decide to change it up you have to react quicker when you can see it's not working. 3-1 at HT to non-league you accept the experiment has failed and bring on the big guns. Even if you're really nice and give them 10mins after the break to make amends you chance it once you've let in another and are a man down.

Moore fucked his chance to win his palce back and is likely now being planned for the exit door. Kelly showed he's not at the level required anymore and even though Waghorn wasn't terrible he's also another that just isn't making enough of a difference for the wages he's earning. Dabo looks unfit, but more worryingly doesn't look like he's getting any fitter. I think the injuries may now be something that will affect his ability for the rest of his career.

After the changes we were in total control and with missed chances etc even with 10men should have scored enough to have made the comeback. The ref made some utterly bizarre decisions, especially towards the end.

Frostie

Most have a rationale at least. Bright is admittedly hard to understand, but many of the others are hindsight failures once we know they are... and a number were worth a gamble anyway

Bright was purely on Robins, have reliably heard Viveash strongly advised against it but MR felt he could still get a tune from him.
That said, if we had the budget we'd have signed Patterson & wouldn't have even looked at Bright so....

shmmeee

Bright was purely on Robins, have reliably heard Viveash strongly advised against it but MR felt he could still get a tune from him.
That said, if we had the budget we'd have signed Patterson & wouldn't have even looked at Bright so....

Viveash clearly brought Kane and Palmer in under similar auspices so he can allow Robins one.

glasgowfan

One thing that peed me off last night and it's something they definitely need a rule change on, was that deliberate bringing down of Kelly when he was clean through.

They simply have to make that sort of thing a red card offence. Who isn't going to deploy that if it saves a goal and you only end up with a yellow card for it?

Has to be red. To me it's a nonsense. As it stands, a player can make an honest challenge for a ball, miss time the tackle, catch the man and get a red card, yet, a cynical and deliberate bringing down or pulling down a player just because he's gotten away from you and could end up in a goal, only gets a yellow.

It's ludicrous.

Probably wouldn't have made any difference to the game last night and this is a general moan, because I hate it every time it happens and it happens an awful lot in the modern game.

Change it to a red card offence and stop this nonsense.
A red might be a bit extreme in some circumstances. Some tackles are simply mistimed. I would say if the ref judges a foul to be cynical/spoiling, it's a yellow card and 10min in the sin bin

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There is no doubting that Robins has done an amazing job to get us to where we are, but it doesn't make him exempt from criticism. We have just lost to non-league opposition and some people are a bit keen to jump in and defend him. I'm still furious to be honest. He makes mistakes, and he is definitely making more at this level than in lower divisions (the margins are tighter, and our budget is less competitive - fine), but how anyone can say that he doesn't have a weakness with in-game management, tactics, and substitutions is baffling. It is time and time again.

He frequently makes substitutions too late, and yes, whilst the counter argument has been previously that we have scored some late goals, has it not occurred to anyone that perhaps we would have avoided all the late drama if we had reacted earlier, or perhaps not conceded in the first place? Especially when 90% of the stadium can see what is going to happen.

It can be argued that our bench isn't strong enough, but yesterday we had better players on the bench, and he still didn't use them in time. I agree we need to be funded better, and the recruitment definitely needs to be more efficient, but the manager needs to squeeze an extra couple of percent at times. That isn't to say he hasn't already done a better job than any other manager I can think of, but everyone knows CCFC is a ryanair/wetherspoons/poundland ran club, and we need to get the very best out of what we have got.

I also get the impression he is pissed of with the ownership situation at the club, and I am not entirely sure if that's playing into it at all.

alexccfc99

If we had beaten Wrexham, the club numbers in the draw would have been different so we would not be playing Sheff U
Not how the FA Cup draw works I’m pretty sure, I think the numbers are pre determined before any matches are played so we’d have been Ball 12

Skybluefaz

There is no doubting that Robins has done an amazing job to get us to where we are, but it doesn't make him exempt from criticism. We have just lost to non-league opposition and some people are a bit keen to jump in and defend him. I'm still furious to be honest. He makes mistakes, and he is definitely making more at this level than in lower divisions (the margins are tighter, and our budget is less competitive - fine), but how anyone can say that he doesn't have a weakness with in-game management, tactics, and substitutions is baffling. It is time and time again.

He frequently makes substitutions too late, and yes, whilst the counter argument has been previously that we have scored some late goals, has it not occurred to anyone that perhaps we would have avoided all the late drama if we had reacted earlier, or perhaps not conceded in the first place? Especially when 90% of the stadium can see what is going to happen.

It can be argued that our bench isn't strong enough, but yesterday we had better players on the bench, and he still didn't use them in time. I agree we need to be funded better, and the recruitment definitely needs to be more efficient, but the manager needs to squeeze an extra couple of percent at times. That isn't to say he hasn't already done a better job than any other manager I can think of, but everyone knows CCFC is a ryanair/wetherspoons/poundland ran club, and we need to get the very best out of what we have got.

I also get the impression he is pissed of with the ownership situation at the club, and I am not entirely sure if that's playing into it at all.
Would you be getting rid now?

Otis

A red might be a bit extreme in some circumstances. Some tackles are simply mistimed. I would say if the ref judges a foul to be cynical/spoiling, it's a yellow card and 10min in the sin bin
It may well be extreme in some cases, but the scenario I am putting across is that one is an honest attempt for the ball and the other is no attempt for the ball at all.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm just trying to understand where you are on it.

I really cannot think of anyone that would be a better option, and as far as I am concerned, he still has a lot of credit in the bank. I am not one who would be advocating getting rid of him, or even close to that viewpoint.

The inability to learn and improve on his most obvious weaknesses for me is frustrating though, and I am definitely more pissed off as a result of the match yesterday. He genuinely doesn't realise that games like yesterday and Swansea could have gone better if he had been more proactive, and seeks to blame the squad depth each and every time. It's doing my head in.

Terry Gibson's perm

They won’t find Sheffield United the soft touch that we are on set pieces, I am glad they didn’t get the big team they wanted and I hope they get smashed.

Users who are viewing this thread