Match Thread Wrexham FA Cup match (4 Viewers)

coop

We will rest our so called best players and play fringe players and maybe a few kids as our squad is thread bear .Will be a tough game as they are flying with confidence.

David O'Day

How do you know?
Because the players you have brought aren't that good. But fair play fella you go and believe you have players that are good enough to play at the top end of L1 and in the championship.

Enjoy your big day out

Liquid Gold

I don't know if we'll see too much rotation. Back to a game a week for a bit now and not long come back from the World Cup break.

I think MR will see the benefit of a cup run that could result in a loan or a higher wage offer in the summer.

David O'Day

I don't know if we'll see too much rotation. Back to a game a week for a bit now and not long come back from the World Cup break.

I think MR will see the benefit of a cup run that could result in a loan or a higher wage offer in the summer.
Not much outside the first 11 to rotate to anyway

ccfc1234

few people in this thread far too overconfident for my liking.
Hope Robins is not and plays the basis of a strong team. Moore for Wilson would be all I would change. Always better to get a lead and then rotate than the other way round when your chasing the game and the opposition are defending their box with 10 players.

ccfc1234

Agree especially if it's true that SISU only give us the money we generate as a club. This is a prime 'business' opportunity.

shepardo01

Robins said he wants to progress and along the lines of will take it seriously.
Think he will pick a strong team.
Pretty sure he'll play Moore. He was vocal after the game about Wilson's indecision regarding his distribution and wasn't happy about him dropping the ball to his centre halves inside the box.

PVA

With respect to the Wrexham fan I think he's being a little naive about the quality of the Championship.

The step up from L1 to the Championship was huge, and that's only one division below, not 3. I'd be surprised if they have any players that could hold their own in the Championship.

That's not to say they can't win the game, of course.

SBT

We could end up playing Rotherham away next round and losing - when we lost to Sutton the following week we beat Norwich who were I think in the top 3

there’s no money whatsoever unless you get a lucky away
£105,000 in prize money just for beating Wrexham is more than I was expecting though!

Grendel

£105,000 in prize money just for beating Wrexham is more than I was expecting though!

maybe but the game itself will lose the club money in all probability at under £11 per ticket

Hertsccfc

Exactly it's not like most of them have played many matches and why would we want them to have what would essentially be anothervtwo week break from playing. Some already look like they have not benefitted from the break for the World Cup. I don't understand why any fan wants us to lose this match or isn't bothered whether we lose.

Hertsccfc

With respect to the Wrexham fan I think he's being a little naive about the quality of the Championship.

The step up from L1 to the Championship was huge, and that's only one division below, not 3. I'd be surprised if they have any players that could hold their own in the Championship.

That's not to say they can't win the game, of course.
I think we are being naive if we think we won't lose if we don't play a strong team.

Skyblueweeman

Honestly, we lose with that team. There are players there that Wrexham wouldn't touch.

Wait, what?!

Maybe Howley, Tavares and Bapaga might struggle to get in their team regularly (and even then I think they probably would) but the rest would walk into a national league team.

They're 3 divisions below us!!! Just because they're owned by Deadpool and we've dropped a few points in the last few games, doesn't mean our players wouldn't get in their team.

Granted, shocks do happen in the cup, we should know. But that team is more than capable of easily beating a team 3 divisions below us.

Greggs

Hi Wrexham fan here - some interesting comments on here.

If you play your first 11 and you play well you win it's that simple.

I see many of your fans ain't bothered by this game, we could have sold 6k for this as this is a free hit for us it will actually be nice to go to a game with no pressure on us, every game we have played this season we have been favourites and with the way the league is going a draw is not good enough anymore.

The National league is a very good standard now the top 6/7 survive L2 with ease the 2 teams that came down last season are terrible and a massively stuggling.

A few of our players could hold there own in the Championship but most a L1/L2 players, we have payed 100k, 300k, 120k, 150k, 200k, 100k, for 6 players and Mullin came on a free and has scored about 23 this season so we wont get smashed.

Using Swansea and Cardiff as a level as I know more about them, the majority of their 2nd string players wouldn't get into our team and I would be very confident of beating them if they played their reserves.

I'd imagine you will make some changes but not major and we will go full strength.

Prediction 1-1 unfortunately which will be a total disaster for both teams.

All the best for the rest of season grew up with Coventry being a premier league team hopefully you can return very soon.
How many have you sold?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Because the players you have brought aren't that good. But fair play fella you go and believe you have players that are good enough to play at the top end of L1 and in the championship.

Enjoy your big day out
It's the FA Cup ffs. You really are a top drawer twat.

Ashdown

City have to take this serious, we should play our best team available. We have a dreadful track record of cup shocks. Wrexham with a big following will be up for this and the media will be dribbling over the possibility.

shmmeee

Yeah no player who could manage in the Championship is playing in the NL. The amount of money on offer is life changing, it’s a huge jump from L1/L2.

Not saying well walk this. They’ll be far more up for it than us, their fans will too, and we’re down to the bare bones so may not risk some of our players is we can and those than can come in are L1 standard at best. The likes of Bapaga have struggled to hold down a place in the NL. And our second string even when they’re decent have a habit of doing shit in the cups.

Unless of course the takeover goes through tomorrow and we go bang bang bang ducks in a row and want to give our four new players a free hit game.

Hobo

This is a tough game and has giant killing all over it. Wrexham are a good side with good players at their level and will be backed by a large vocal following.

Yes we are down to the bare bones. But have people in need of game time: Kane, Kelly, Dabo, Palmer, Waghorn, Burroughs, Howey....and a great opportunity to give Tavares 90 minutes.

For once our bench might look strong?

pusbccfc

Congratulations to Wrexham on their comfortable win.

That is an absolutely awful side.

Alex1987

Just noticed on the website that fans will get double points for this game vs an away match I.e. Burnley is 10 points. Not bad opportunity at little cost for fans looking to get their points tally up!

Fans receive 20 Priority Points for purchasing for this game.

If anyone is going with a child and isn't fussed about points for them, could they link my son and add them to his account for this game? Happy to pay the £2 for the ticket, so you get the free ticket, just that the points come to me (my son). PM me if interested.

Sky Blue Harry H

Just spotted they have that Ben Tozer (cb) who has a really long throw - so expect a few rocket launchers from the touchline.

pusbccfc

Just spotted they have that Ben Tozer (cb) who has a really long throw - so expect a few rocket launchers from the touchline.

Always wanted us to use a long throw. So much more useful than a corner. I remember one game a few years back where Robins actually allowed McCallum (I think) to use his long throw. Caused problems every time.

Sky Blue Harry H

Always wanted us to use a long throw. So much more useful than a corner. I remember one game a few years back where Robins actually allowed McCallum (I think) to use his long throw. Caused problems every time.
Remember Max scoring at the far post from one (think it was at St Andrews) in a BCD game)? Someone will remember / correct me ;)

rexo87

Remember Max scoring at the far post from one (think it was at St Andrews) in a BCD game)? Someone will remember / correct me ;)
We scored from a couple of them that season. Think first one was against Middlesbrough at St Andrews which in the end was an own goal and then max scored from one away at Stoke

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

We scored from a couple of them that season. Think first one was against Middlesbrough at St Andrews which in the end was an own goal and then max scored from one away at Stoke

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
May be the Stoke one I was thinking of to be fair.

cstring82

Just noticed on the website that fans will get double points for this game vs an away match I.e. Burnley is 10 points. Not bad opportunity at little cost for fans looking to get their points tally up!

Hi
I don’t suppose you have a link?
I’ve booked mine and my lads but nothing showing yet.
Thanks

Torquay Sky Blue

Hi Wrexham fan here - some interesting comments on here.

If you play your first 11 and you play well you win it's that simple.

I see many of your fans ain't bothered by this game, we could have sold 6k for this as this is a free hit for us it will actually be nice to go to a game with no pressure on us, every game we have played this season we have been favourites and with the way the league is going a draw is not good enough anymore.

The National league is a very good standard now the top 6/7 survive L2 with ease the 2 teams that came down last season are terrible and a massively stuggling.

A few of our players could hold there own in the Championship but most a L1/L2 players, we have payed 100k, 300k, 120k, 150k, 200k, 100k, for 6 players and Mullin came on a free and has scored about 23 this season so we wont get smashed.

Using Swansea and Cardiff as a level as I know more about them, the majority of their 2nd string players wouldn't get into our team and I would be very confident of beating them if they played their reserves.

I'd imagine you will make some changes but not major and we will go full strength.

Prediction 1-1 unfortunately which will be a total disaster for both teams.

All the best for the rest of season grew up with Coventry being a premier league team hopefully you can return very soon.
Sorry but a few of your players wouldn't hold their own at championship level. I watch Torquay regularly and I haven't seen a player over the last 2 seasons who's remotely close to this level. The gap is massive these days.

Users who are viewing this thread