Match Thread Wrexham FA Cup match (3 Viewers)

alexccfc99

You get 9 subs in the FA Cup :ROFLMAO: We’re gonna have to name Dave Boddy and the tea lady on the bench to make up the numbers

Ashdown

There’s not a chance that this will cost the club to play the fixture. Stadium contract already agreed, players contracts agreed. Revenue from probably about 12000 fans including many paying extra to sit in the lounges at £25 a pop, Wrexham fans on the pop and a wedge of TV money .
Only significant extra costs are security.
Plus a win means …..more££££
🏆🏆🏆

oakey

I would like to see 4312 like this ...
MOORE
DABO ROSE BIDWELL BURROUGHS
KANE KELLY HOWLEY
PALMER
WAGHORN TAVARES

Bench ...
Bilsson, Doyle, Panzo, Reid, Sheaf, Allen, Gyokeres + U23s

Rests all the key regulars
Gives all squad a proper go.

PUSB

richnrg

Wrexham very excited by the looks of it :)

Wrexham striker Ollie Palmer admits their non league players are unimpressed about being sent to Coventry.
The National League promotion chasers today visit the Championship Sky Blues, who won the FA Cup in 1987. But Palmer admits Phil Parkinson's side, who are second in the fifth tier, would much rather have had either a home tie or a top-flight club.
Palmer, 30, who has 12 goals this term, told the Mirror: “Coventry isn’t overly appealing to the lads to be honest. “You either want a big Premier League club away or get drawn at home. “Everything in between in League One or Championship is a bit like: whatever.

what a cúnt

PVA

I would like to see 4312 like this ...
MOORE
DABO ROSE BIDWELL BURROUGHS
KANE KELLY HOWLEY
PALMER
WAGHORN TAVARES

Bench ...
Bilsson, Doyle, Panzo, Reid, Sheaf, Allen, Gyokeres + U23s

Rests all the key regulars
Gives all squad a proper go.

PUSB

Mostly agree, except it doesn't rest Bidwell though, who has played almost every minute in just about the most demanding position, so I would expect him to get a (well deserved) rest.

Skyblue_CP

Wrexham striker Ollie Palmer admits their non league players are unimpressed about being sent to Coventry.
The National League promotion chasers today visit the Championship Sky Blues, who won the FA Cup in 1987. But Palmer admits Phil Parkinson's side, who are second in the fifth tier, would much rather have had either a home tie or a top-flight club.
Palmer, 30, who has 12 goals this term, told the Mirror: “Coventry isn’t overly appealing to the lads to be honest. “You either want a big Premier League club away or get drawn at home. “Everything in between in League One or Championship is a bit like: whatever.

what a cúnt

Fair play to him, if a Championship side came in for him I guess that would be “Whatever” aswell then.

Skyblue_CP

Fair play to him, if a Championship side came in for him I guess that would be “Whatever” aswell then, whoever he is.

pusbccfc

what a cúnt

Won't be overly appealing when Gyökeres comes on at half time and scares the shit out of him.

alexccfc99

what a cúnt
Cheeky fucker - you wouldn’t think they’ve been in Non League for 15 years

Hope we spank them 5 zip, there’s the team talk done tomorrow at least

edgy

what a cúnt

There's Robin's pep-talk written for him.

Footballers are a stupid breed. Although he's being truthful, saying something like that can't be good for anyone. Sounds like they aren't bothered by the game (even if they actually are) and in the same breath passively insulting the opponents.

Terry Gibson's perm

A lot of our fans think the same and the attendance will show that, people don’t want to watch non league footballers.

WrexhamFans

Fair play to him, if a Championship side came in for him I guess that would be “Whatever” aswell then.
Totally taken out of context.

Yes you are a much bigger club, play in a fantastic stadium and if you play your first team play you should destroy us, but you've hardly sold any tickets and your not playing your best team.

Hes talking about the the draw in general, Not many non league teams get to round 3, so when you get a chance after winning 3 games already, not to draw a big club or at least a PL team then it's a little disappointing.

This weekend he could have played against Liverpool, Chelsea or Man United who all would sell their stadiums out and would have give him a chance to tell his grandchildren he once played in front of 70,000 fans at old Trafford.

If you get through to the next round and you draw someone like Bournemouth or Southampton for example then would your players be a little disappointed.

alexccfc99

Yes you are a much bigger club, play in a fantastic stadium and if you play your first team play you should destroy us, but you've hardly sold any tickets and your not playing your best team.

Hes talking about the the draw in general, Not many non league teams get to round 3, so when you get a chance after winning 3 games already, not to draw a big club or at least a PL team then it's a little disappointing.

This weekend he could have played against Liverpool, Chelsea or Man United who all would sell their stadiums out and would have give him a chance to tell his grandchildren he once played in front of 70,000 fans at old Trafford.

If you get through to the next round and you draw someone like Bournemouth or Southampton for example then would your players be a little disappointed.
We got Southampton last season! Cracking day out - don’t knock it till you’ve tried it

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It isn't taken out of context. It's a spoiled brat talking because Ryan Reynolds hangs around the corporate areas and everyone's ego is growing. For a non-league team to get a Championship opponent at any stage should be pretty flattering.

There needs to be a bit of a reality check here.

oakey

Mostly agree, except it doesn't rest Bidwell though, who has played almost every minute in just about the most demanding position, so I would expect him to get a (well deserved) rest.
Good shout. At half time or hour mark -
Sheaf for Dabo, Kane drops to RB
Panzo for Bidwell
Late on
Doyle for Rose
Allen for Palmer

Injuries permitting

pusbccfc

Cheeky fucker - you wouldn’t think they’ve been in Non League for 15 years

Hope we spank them 5 zip, there’s the team talk done tomorrow at least

It's even better when you realise who Palmer has played for. The biggest club he's been at is Grimsby Town.

pusbccfc

We got Southampton last season! Cracking day out - don’t knock it till you’ve tried it

Any away match in the FA Cup is brilliant as long as it is someone who is not in your league.

Look at MK Dons away 5 years ago. Huge bandwagon of 8000+ down there despite having played there many times.

Sbarcher

Just hope there isn't a non-league thug out to crock Vic to make a name for himself.

torchomatic

Probably has been mentioned but just in case, the game is on S4C, available through iPlayer.

SBT

I assume Palmer isn't too fussed about a trip to the Ricoh seeing as it's only five years ago that he played against us there in League Two (and scored twice, incidentally)

shmmeee

My attempt at “don’t play anyone good”:

Moore
Dabo Rose Panzo Kane
Howley Kelly
Burroughs Palmer Waghorn
Tavares

S: Wilson, Doyle, Panzo, Hamer, Sheaf, Allen, Vik, Doris the tea lady, Dave Boddy

edit: forgot Bidders! Drop Allen from the bench ;)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

That's a fair assessment. I think the press comment that he's " disappointed" doesn't actually mean he disrespects Cov city and I'm sure when tomorrow comes he'll be buzzing to get out and see what the championship standard is all about .
It'll be a disappoint crowd from a Cov perspective but given the fact it's on telly etc I'm not at all surprised.
Whatever happens, if we beat your lot and get an away draw we'll sell out our allocation up to over 10,000 if it is possible. We have a staggering following away in the fa cup for some reason.
Enjoy your day, but not too much !

SBT

My attempt at “don’t play anyone good”:

Moore
Dabo Rose Panzo Kane
Howley Kelly
Burroughs Palmer Waghorn
Tavares

S: Wilson, Doyle, Panzo, Hamer, Sheaf, Allen, Vik, Doris the tea lady, Dave Boddy
The sheer RESTRAINT of you to not include Allen in that first XI...

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not sure how he's filling those 9 spaces on the bench.
Even if we can't fill the bench with players he'd be happy to play, I'd still fill it with U23 or even academy players just to give them that experience.

Frankly if you're over 21 and the manager isn't even willing to put you on the bench against a non-league team because he thinks you're not good enough to beat them, your days here are numbered.

Evo1883

Looking at tickets sold ,I'd be surprised to see much more than 10,000 including their 4.5

pusbccfc

Looking at tickets sold ,I'd be surprised to see much more than 10,000 including their 4.5
No chance. Sales not too dissimilar to when were at the Ricoh in League 1 4/5 years ago. Will be around 8/9000 Coventry fans there. Hospitality and west Stand is busy. Singers corner nearly sold out. Many will pay on the gate for a game like tomorrow.

I'd guess at a crowd of around 12/13k.

Users who are viewing this thread